Why?

Do you support hybrids?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Comparing cheating devices to drugs, which can harm and potentially kill you? Terrible analogy. My point is, if things like Action Replay are "wrong" then they would be outlawed and major retailers wouldn't be selling them. As stated earlier, this has been going on since GT1.

Just saying what came to mind. You admitted it's cheating. Never said anything about Action Play.

Comparing cheating devices to drugs, which can harm and potentially kill you? Terrible analogy.

Make no mistake, some people would like to see you locked up for hybrid game cars just as they would like to see you locked up for drugs, or anything else for that mater that they may not like :indiff:

When people buy the game they are spending their hard earned money that they worked to get.
The person who bought the game should be damn right able to do whatever the hell they please AND NOT BE EFFECTED BY SOME LOSER WHO IS BENT ON DESTROYING THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

So by swapping an Imprezza STI engine into a BRZ, giving it a bit of a "stance", and painting it matte blue makes me a "loser who is bent on destroying the game"?

I think my IQ just dropped heavily - my brain cannot handle this sort of stupidity.

(Though I understand the trillion-HP cars, which is a simple fix of enforcing a HP limit.)

Yeah! Late celebration on 1000 posts! *parties hard*

I only do realistic cars... (Things I can do in FM4 but I can't do normally in GT5...) so I like it very much and a thing I hate in GT5 is you can't play the game you bought like you want, you have to play the game as Kaz wants... (So he don't respect us, we put the money in is pocket...), to patch a Glitch / Hack and even normal things they are fast but doing the game better they take 1 million years to do small adjustments... ('-_-)
When GT5 Spec 3.0 will come, no one knows... ('-_-)
And if you want the Real Final Version of GT5 be stupid and buy GT6... ('-_-)

PS: And for the first time I'm really enjoy playing GT5 cuz now I can do exclusive realistic projects, and please Kaz, don't destroy this because it was the reason I stopped playing FM4 and I'm enjoying playing GT5 much more now... (^_^)

Last edited:
XTRGT
I only do realistic cars... (Things I can do in FM4 but I can't do normally in GT5...) so I like it very much and a thing I hate in GT5 is you can't play the game you bought like you want, you have to play the game as Kaz wants... (So he don't respect us, we put the money in is pocket...), to patch a Glitch / Hack and even normal things they are fast but doing the game better they take 1 million years to do small adjustments... ('-_-)
When GT5 Spec 3.0 will come, no one knows... ('-_-)
And if you want the Real Final Version of GT5 be stupid and buy GT6... ('-_-)

PS: And for the first time I'm really enjoy playing GT5 cuz now I can do exclusive realistic projects, and please Kaz, don't destroy this because it was the reason I stopped playing FM4 and I'm enjoying playing GT5 much more now... (^_^)

Same here. I was ready to give up on gt5 and pick up a xbox just to play forza. Making the cars i wish were in the game (i.e. ram srt, jaguar xj220 with original v12, beatle body on a ruf) is an amazing addition. Please pd, don't patch.

Let this be a lesson to polyphony digital to allow more modification in the game as far as engine swaps and such. Also outside of that, Why must we set up our own drag races and drift competitions online instead of having a game mode for it? Isn't that considered using the game as it was not intended? Or how about 70 mph cops lobby's that are completely pointless? If realistic hacked cars get messed with I will find every drag race lobby and cop lobby and report it until polyphony gets annoyed with the concept of people bothering them with following the rules way too much and simply use it to make a better game and not hide content within the game that they don't intend on releasing to anyone. I have bought and paid for every Sony system, every GT series game and every DLC and even waited forever for my pre-order of gt5 that I finally bought a ps3 for and played nothing but GT5 for 3 years before I got Battlefield 3. I waited, I played and I did all the legitimate things like everyone else and I have never been 100% satisfied on A GT series game. I feel as if GT5 would have had online drift competition mode so you got points while drifting a lap and at the end of the lap or laps whoever had the highest points wins. or a legit drag race strip with a tree and a path your car auto drives back and gets in line till it is your turn, or maybe have a drift competition going on in the parking lot of the drag strip lobby to create a realistic background. (ps4 capability) I guess what I am saying is we should make a poll of what people want in gt6 to make it better and more fun. I am not playing GT6 for 3 years hoping it gets better. I will rent it, say it is good or bad, and if it is not up to par microsoft has Forza and they figured out swaps and made it happen and online drift racing. I am not saying make GT6 like Forza but make GT6 better than any racing game ever produced. This is the determining factor for if I buy a ps4 or go with the new x box.

Since cheaters and speed freaks are getting the most press, the entire movement is being painted with a very broad brush.

Building a car for 550 that is competitive results in very interesting cars. There is a challenge to it. A car that performs better than the original, without obvious visual flaws, and still fits within the limits AND works properly is a great thing!

Yes I do support hybrids. In fact I made one today but hybrids aren't necessarily all about ridiculous amounts of BHP. I made a Mitsubishi Evo with a drivetrain and engine swap to give it rear wheel drive and around 500 bhp. No problem with this considering it would be possible to do this in real life.

^sorry but i disagree. hybriding doesn't damage anything (as far as you and the game itself), it's not against any laws or even rules unless it's in gt5 and you can stop it and walk away, and bear no scars whatsoever.

Why must we set up our own drag races and drift competitions online instead of having a game mode for it? (1) Isn't that considered using the game as it was not intended? (2) Or how about 70 mph cops lobby's that are completely pointless? (3) If realistic hacked cars get messed with I will find every drag race lobby and cop lobby and report it until polyphony gets annoyed (4)

1.) No it's not. The possibility of setting up online lobbies is there for a reason. You set it up, you do whatever you want in it. It doesn't violate any terms you agree to by playing this game.

Everyone playing GT5 agreed to use the game on certain terms, specified in whateveryoucallit Terms of Service. If people willingly and intentionally break these Terms, they have no right to be surprised, angry, or just 'what the...?' if the devs take action or if they get banned.

Community Code of Conduct
You may not attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with PSN.

2.) Some people like to relax behind the wheel and just cruise in Toscana. By 'cruise' I don't mean 'take out their Castrol Supra and drive like an idiot'.

3.) Saying that realistic hackers should not get messed with is like saying 'Yes, I broke into this guy's house but I didn't take anything so I'm innocent!'

4.) Good luck on that one.

using hybrids online is obviously not right. they can't allow realistic hybrids without allowing the 3000bhp ones. it would cause confusion over what is a "realistic" hybrid.

offline hybrids don't affect anyone. if you use them to beat races you otherwise couldn't then that's your affair although i don't agree with it. but if you make a car and for example engine swap it or paint an unpaintable and then free run it by yourself them i see that as fine. someone once said that you bought the game with your money so you should be free to do whatever you want with it. i agree strongly as long as you don't
affect others with it.

Back