Why?

Do you support hybrids?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
USA
I just don't get why people are hybriding. I wanted to do it at first, but I realized that hacking a game that is built with blood and sweat is wrong. I don't mind doing it offline, but online is a totally different story. I am just stating my opinion. It looks fun, but I don't like changing original. I want to see your point of view. Everyone has the right to share their opinion, though.

Alot of the hybrid guys just want to go fast, 90% of them are on route:x going 900mph.
Others are offline, as for the rest, there is no doubt PD will patch this.

They've definitely taken notice (This weeks Time Trials are fixed untunable cars)
Expect a patch in coming weeks.

Yes I support it. I see nothing wrong with holding super fast lobbies on route x as that's just fun! The suspension modifications are cool as well, it's nice to finally be able to make a stanced car.

I just don't get why people are hybriding. I wanted to do it at first, but I realized that hacking a game that is built with blood and sweat is wrong. I don't mind doing it offline, but online is a totally different story. I am just stating my opinion. It looks fun, but I don't like changing original. I want to see your point of view. Everyone has the right to share their opinion, though.

Point is that PD gave us very limited tuning options despite they had ways of giving it to us in first place... The real problem is that now everything is possible...

When in game, go to Options - under Others- Network - Terms of Use, I think those who support hybrids in GT5 never read this or decided to breach their own usage agreement with Sony.

There's a number to call to report violations to this agreement as well to inquire about a blocked account.

9. If you violate this Agreement in any manner, SCEA may, at its discretion and without notice, temporarily or permanently block your account and/or reset your stats and/or rankings in this game and any related games.

12. MODIFICATION. SCEA at its sole discretion may modify the terms of this Agreement at any time. You are responsible for reviewing the terms of this Agreement each time you log in to play. By accepting this Agreement and by playing the game online, you agree to be bound by all the current terms of the Agreement.

Taken from GT5's terms of use.

Last edited:
When in game, go to Options - under Others- Network - Terms of Use, I think those who support hybrids in GT5 never read this or decided to breach their own usage agreement with Sony.

There's a number to call to report violations to this agreement as well to inquire about a blocked account.

Taken from GT5's terms of use.

Thank you! I can't believe that the biggest Gran Turismo forum site includes hacks.

I just don't get why people are hybriding. I wanted to do it at first, but I realized that hacking a game that is built with blood and sweat is wrong.

Why? See below..

Wrong? No. Just for the fact that the HP Multiplier is still working since GT3..
With blood and sweat? No. More than this: with love 👍
Like, inject non-obvoius stuff into your savegame. Badly programmed games will most likely eff up and stuck your whole console. GT5 on the PS3? You're just thrown back into GT-Life. You have to REALLY badly override things until the game is totally stuck..
If any of the GT5 coders reads this: I adore your work :)

I don't mind doing it offline, but online is a totally different story.

And that's why, my PS3 hasn't been online since I started to dig around in files. For the small exception of updating to 2.11 (with a genuine savegame)..

So why the hell I am doing this? I want to go beyond the limits of the game. OFFLINE. I've had such undeniable fun, upping the corolla levin to like 120.000 HP (no, that's not it's total limit), finally doing a wheelie at 800 km/h and fitting the r35-tc engine into the samba bus.. Also doing neat wheelies..

Observing what other people come up with in the "hybrid showcase" thread in the photomode subforum. Slamming/Stancing/Whatnot. I'm still ashamed of the picture I have posted there :guilty:
I just don't have the time for learning the photomode and taking pictures in general :D

Breaking terms of use that you have agreed before hand is never right, no integrity at all, ... I have Computer Science degree, have been working in the IT field for the past 12 years, I can edit hex codes too, but I don't do it, I have integrity, I have principal in life that I strictly follows, I am a man of my words, I don't break an agreement just for simple reason of fun. I bought the license to play the game as I agreed.

I was offered to be gifted a hacked car by a friend when online in a room, he drove it on the track, showed me how cool to have engine swapped drift car. I declined the offer politely, no matter how tempting these cars, my integrity comes before all else, shame on those who succumbed to mere temptation. Integrity comes from small things, if I can't adhere to something that I've agreed, albeit only in a software agreement, then I would have failed myself as well in bigger things in life.

The simple fact is this, when we decrypt the save files ( defeat the security measure ), when we modify the data inside, we have broken the terms of use ( our own agreement that allow us to play ). No matter how we spin the words or excuses of other glitch or exploits, it is still wrong, it will never be right.

The Poll results is a sad reflection of GT5 society ... shows their lack of integrity, honesty and moral conscience.

I lived by moral and law, does breaking an agreement ever right both morally and legally ?

Um... it's a contract. Contracts are terminated literally all the time. It's absolutely ridiculous that you equate breaking a terms of use agreement with immoral behavior.

Um... it's a contract. Contracts are terminated literally all the time. It's absolutely ridiculous that you equate breaking a terms of use agreement with immoral behavior.

Simple question, when you agree to abide to certain rules in a contract, what do you feel when you break it ? My moral conscience says it's not right, it is wrong.

When contract is terminated, by all means you are free from the agreement, but it's not the case with GT5 ( Sony's terms of use ) - unless you stopped playing/using the software ( online ), or Sony went out of business.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the tos for the psn, or did we agree to something by simply playing the game? I know when I bought it I believed it had the capabilities the box said it did lol.

Maybe it's similar to the 2nd os we where told we could use when we dropped our change on the machine.

Simple question, when you agree to abide to certain rules in a contract, what do you feel when you break it ? My moral conscience says it's not right, it is wrong.
That depends entirely on the context that I break it with, but since you want a simple answer for this scenario: I used the hybrid X1 once, offline in single player, just to see what was up with it. I didn't particularly care what the ToS said, because I never had any intention of doing anything with the car that affected anyone else, which is what the ToS is in place to prevent.

Now, by all means complain about the cars ruining online or how you think Sony needs to do something about it or whatever; but you have an extremely skewed sense of what morality is if you think it can be dictated by legal contracts. Particularly when terms of use agreements have a sketchy past in regards to legality to begin with.

When contract is terminated, by all means you are free from the agreement, but it's not the case with GT5 ( Sony's terms of use ) - unless you stopped playing/using the software, or Sony went out of business.

Sony's Terms of Use apply to using PSN, which is why they can (and possibly will, though it's doubtful) ban people over it. Not to the game itself, because it isn't a service. Providing game updates is a service, and Sony is perfectly within their rights to bar you from those over the usage of hybrid cars too; but you're not renting GT5, nor does it fit into that quasi-rental concept that digital distribution title have. So long as you're not breaking the law with what you do with it, it makes no difference what you do if you aren't using Sony's service that the ToS applies to in the first place.

Last edited:
That depends entirely on the context that I break it with, but since you want a simple answer for this scenario: I used the hybrid X1 once, offline in single player, just to see what was up with it. I didn't particularly care what the ToS said, because I never had any intention of doing anything with the car that affected anyone else, which is what the ToS is in place to prevent.

Now, by all means complain about the cars ruining online or how you think Sony needs to do something about it or whatever; but you have an extremely skewed sense of what morality is if you think it can be dictated by legal contracts.

Sony's Terms of Use apply to using PSN, which is why they can (and possibly will, though it's doubtful) ban people over it. Not to the game itself, because it isn't a service. Providing game updates is a service, and Sony is perfectly within their rights to bar you from those over the usage of hybrid cars too; but you're not renting GT5, nor does it fit into that quasi-rental concept that digital distribution title have. So long as you're not breaking the law with what you do with it, it makes no difference what you do if you aren't using Sony's service that the ToS applies to in the first place.

True that there are no law being broken, what I was trying to say is that breaking the agreement is morally wrong and shows the lack of integrity.

These are the license agreement that I know of :

PS3 EULA

SEN TOS - online service

Then there's GT5 TOS, accessible from within the game - go to Options - Others - Networks -Terms of Use ( online service for GT5 )

Of course common sense dictates that for offline use, these agreement does not apply as a whole, but the act of decryption, modifying save is still not right in my book.

I am fine with those who have got hybrids through gifts or borrow glitch, as they don't break into the game save then altering the save data, they merely own/use the car that has been hacked, but I still frowned upon their (hybrid ) use online. I was pointing out at the creator or those who hacked the game save, then share the details and their creation to the world.

I broke down and acquired some hybrids after the 5G came out. I have some large HP cars, but I don't see the point. That's just my opinion. I much prefer the hybrids that change the unchangeable paint. Such as the black Ferrari F2007.

Of course common sense dictates that for offline use, these agreement does not apply as a whole, but the act of decryption, modifying save is still not right in my book.

Why not? Do you not feel you own what you buy? I wonder if you wanted a faster car if you would modify the engine or go ahead and buy a whole new car in the name of doing the right thing.

I used the hybrid X1 once, offline in single player, just to see what was up with it. I didn't particularly care what the ToS said,

With all my testing of things in the savegame and whatnot at the moment, I don't care about the Sony TOS, too. Not because I'm feeling like an outlaw that has to do rebel stuff, but I'm strictly doing all that stuff offline. Thus, I don't think that I'm even violating the TOS then.

So, does the TOS apply when I'm reloading my savegame on a secondary account on my PS3 from USB? An account for which I don't care at all about its trophies (no, I didn't glitch any through savegames). An account which was never seen in any online-lobby whatsoever?
No. I don't feel bad about it. Not the least. I just feel bad when I notice that people try to use the capabilities to gain access to unpaid content..

Why not? Do you not feel you own what you buy? I wonder if you wanted a faster car if you would modify the engine or go ahead and buy a whole new car in the name of doing the right thing.

We buy the license to play the game and even though we do have the hard copy, we do not have the right to alter the software contents through other means than what the game allows ( it's protected by copyright ), thus we are not allowed to break the security measure PD has put on the game save, they gave us the means to copy it for back up purpose, not to hack it away.

Can you show me the copyright law on it? I've never seen it but I do know there is a movement that people tolerate not owning what they buy.

I'm not talking about distributing, pirating, etc. Do you own your ps3 and copy of gt5 or not?

I'd love to see one of you make a game with hard work, let alone 5 years, and let it get hacked to death. All I see in drag lobbies are 1400 hp Karman Ghias and lifted Dodge Rams that ruin the fun.

You are speaking of online only 👍

There is also a time frame to consider, have you ever considered patent laws etc? This kinda falls into that.

We buy the license to play the game and even though we do have the hard copy, we do not have the right to alter the software contents through other means than what the game allows ( it's protected by copyright ), thus we are not allowed to break the security measure PD has put on the game save, they gave us the means to copy it for back up purpose, not to hack it away.

Weird arguments..

There is no need to alter the software on the PS3 to let hybrids come to life. My PS3 is running totally legit original firmware. And it is capable of firing up some strange creations :D
PD haven't put any security on the savegame. They have counted on data integrity on another level. The flaws of inefficient encryption on the savegames is to be found somewhere else..

Back