Will a PAL GTC play on US ps2 with slide card?

• Thread starter Mike141
  • 8 comments
Is the PAL version and the Japanese version of the game different in any way? I heard that the PAL version had more cars, is this true? Thanks

Yes, the PAL version (GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva) has more cars than the J-NTSC version, which only has cars from the Tokyo saloon.

Go for Tokyo-Geneva!
I guess it will work too.

Originally posted by Bill-182
You can get a J-NTSC version of GTC: Tokyo Soel so you know from www.play-asia.com

and yes, the J-NTSC will work 100% with the slide card boot disk.

I have the orignal import NTSC and I can't boot the game using the swap discs. I can't back up the disc either.

I tried to play the PAL version on my US ps2. The game loads and plays fine, but the screen flips and it is in black and white, is there a way to fix this? And I know you cannot backup the game because it is a DVD9 format.

there have ben MANY discussions if Gran Turismo Concept would be released for the US, the answer... NO!

I tried to play the PAL version on my US ps2. The game loads and plays fine, but the screen flips and it is in black and white, is there a way to fix this? And I know you cannot backup the game because it is a DVD9 format.

from what i have heard it is said that it might be because of the TV, you need a PAL version TV to display it correctly, and you might need a NTSC-PAL converter, but yet i do not know, please correct me if im wrong for those who do know

Originally posted by oscarfulz
from what i have heard it is said that it might be because of the TV, you need a PAL version TV to display it correctly, and you might need a NTSC-PAL converter, but yet i do not know, please correct me if im wrong for those who do know
Yea those big problems in the big and mighty USA:lol:.

I just bought the cheapest 28" widescreen TV I could find and it supports all PAL, NTSC, 50/60Hz, S-video and RGB modes... Everything I need for my modded silver V9 PS2 :D.

Back