Will currently supported racing wheels work on GT7/PS4?

• Thread starter Voxalizer
  • 114 comments
This is more so a question for Sony and Logitech. Im certain that GT PS4 will support any wheel the PS4 supports.
This is very true. For ages, Logitech supported Playstation and Gran Turismo with wheels of good to fantastic quality, but that relationship is now in question with Logitech stating they're going to focus on PC racing. There are no indications that Logitech won't be working with SONY to support existing wheels on PS4. But we don't know the situation with new wheel makers such as Thrustmaster and existing ones like Mad Cats, who might be lobbying to be given exclusive licensing for PS4 racers and to make official wheels for games like GT7. We might learn something more at E3 in a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure they will work on PS4, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Good question!

As things stand I'm pretty sure they won't, DC devs said they wanted to support them but it was out of their hands, unless Sony and Logitech work out something in the future (a big IF) the answer is no, also Like I said it isn't something up to the devs so Kaz won't provide an answer.

This is very true. For ages, Logitech supported Playstation and Gran Turismo with wheels of good to fantastic quality, but that relationship is now in question with Logitech stating they're going to focus on PC racing. There are no indications that Logitech won't be working with SONY to support existing wheels on PS4. But we don't know the situation with new wheel makers such as Thrustmaster and existing ones like Mad Cats, who might be lobbying to be given exclusive licensing for PS4 racers and to make official wheels for games like GT7. We might learn something more at E3 in a couple of weeks.

Problem is Mad Cats controllers are crap, and the only Thrustmaster wheel PS4 compatible is T80 Drive Club edition, .......not much better.

No shifter (seq Paddle shifter only), no clutch pedal, wheel itself looks cheap, but hey it includes the share button. The T80 Drive Club Edition racing wheel is about as serious, as Drive Club the game. (a pretty arcade racer).

I'm wanting wheel support for a SIM worthy title like Project CARS.

As things stand I'm pretty sure they won't, DC devs said they wanted to support them but it was out of their hands, unless Sony and Logitech work out something in the future (a big IF) the answer is no, also Like I said it isn't something up to the devs so Kaz won't provide an answer.
This is completely in Sony's hands and don't let anyone tell you different. The only thing that will be contentious here is money. Sony needs the drivers made to support their driving games, Logitech probably doesn't care one way or the other if they are out of the console wheel business. It's therefore upon Sony to force the issue, show up with a chequebook and say, "Get it done, how much?". If it doesn't get done, the blame entirely rests with Sony IMO.

I have a DFGT and would really like to know this as well. Why has this question not been addressed yet? A confirmation is all we are asking for.

Reactions: VBR
Considering previous versions, and basic logic, all (or at least the Logitech GT ones) controllers will be supported by PD. We will see, but, really, they would be insanely stupid to not.

News from Project Cars is that the PC version will take all wheel brands, but the PS4 and XBox One versions only have Thrustmaster support, as it stands atm.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

News from Project Cars is that the PC version will take all wheel brands, but the PS4 and XBox One versions only have Thrustmaster support, as it stands atm.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
And here's a link to the list if anyone is interested. Note also, the list is not final. More peripherals are expected to be added to the list before game launch.

PS4 Supported Wheels
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback
Thrustmaster T80
Thrustmaster TH8RS
Thrustmaster TH8A
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
Thrustmaster T500RS

I'm glad this question is quickly making its way up the list. Hopefully PDI & Sony get the idea that this is a major issue for racing gamers and a real way for them to get a competitive advantage for the PS4 over Xbox.

I could contact Logitech. @amar212 , thank you to pass the message on NeoGAF. I'm sorry but it's French.

"Malheureusement, aucun de nos produits n'est pour le moment compatible avec la PlayStation 4 et à l'heure actuelle aucun développement, n'est fait en ce sens, cependant cela n'exclut pas un changement dans le futur"

And when I asked if this decision comes only from them or if a tier as Sony has something to do with it:

"Le procédé est compliqué mais globalement nous sommes unique décisionnaire. Sony nous ont autorisés à développer la compatibilité sur la PS4, mais pour le moment nous ne souhaitons investir sur ce nouveau marché"

Clearly, if you want your Logitech wheel is compatible with the PS4, we must massively contact Logitech !

@Jordan , it would be nice if you put their responses on GTPlanet news.

I could contact Logitech. @amar212 , thank you to pass the message on NeoGAF. I'm sorry but it's French.

"Malheureusement, aucun de nos produits n'est pour le moment compatible avec la PlayStation 4 et à l'heure actuelle aucun développement, n'est fait en ce sens, cependant cela n'exclut pas un changement dans le futur"

And when I asked if this decision comes only from them or if a tier as Sony has something to do with it:

"Le procédé est compliqué mais globalement nous sommes unique décisionnaire. Sony nous ont autorisés à développer la compatibilité sur la PS4, mais pour le moment nous ne souhaitons investir sur ce nouveau marché"

Clearly, if you want your Logitech wheel is compatible with the PS4, we must massively contact Logitech !

@Jordan , it would be nice if you put their responses on GTPlanet news.
You should go to google and translate those and post the translations. Posting in anything other than english is not allowed.

And here's a link to the list if anyone is interested. Note also, the list is not final. More peripherals are expected to be added to the list before game launch.

If no one supports the G27 then I'm officially done... Didn't spend the money for my wheel to be in its box and plastics for me to go and buy another one

I wonder what DriveClub is up to

If no one supports the G27 then I'm officially done... Didn't spend the money for my wheel to be in its box and plastics for me to go and buy another one

I wonder what DriveClub is up to
If PCars doesn't support the G27, neither will DriveClub or GT7 for that matter. This is a PS4/Sony thing, not an individual game thing.

Here is the translation to Zlorks post above...

"Unfortunately, none of our products is not currently compatible with the PlayStation 4 and at present no development is done in this direction, however this does not exclude a change in the future"

And when to I Asked if this decision comes only from em or if a tier as Sony HAS something to do with it:

"The process is complicated but overall we are single decision maker. Sony have allowed us to develop compatibility on PS4, but for now we want to invest in this new market"

You should go to google and translate those and post the translations. Posting in anything other than english is not allowed.

@amar212 for neogaf.

Yes, I'll translate :

"Unfortunately, none of our products isn't currently compatible with the PlayStation 4 and at this time, no development is planned. However this doesn't exclude a change in future".

More important, when I asked if this decision comes only from them (Logitech) or if a tier as Sony has something to do with it:

"The processing is complicated but we are only decision makers. Sony kindly autorised us to develop compatibility on PS4. But, at the moment, we don't want invest in this market"

Bonus :

9PW5MJe.png

Last edited:
Hmm... may be saving up for a Thrustmaster...

I want one anyway, but it would be nice not to have to buy a PS4 and a wheel with my game, like I did with my 360 Leet and Forza 2. MS had the wheel market under a hard lockdown on X360, unlike SONY, but it was the same situation. About $800 to play my racer with a wheel.

Eh, I guess I'll budget for that anyhow. I know I'll want a few games with my PS4. And then if we get G25/27 and DFGT drivers, I can lay back and use my perfectly fine racing wheels for the time being.

Back