Will currently supported racing wheels work on GT7/PS4?

• Thread starter Voxalizer
  • 114 comments
If my G27 is not going to be supported on PS4/GT7, then I wont be supporting sony/ PD. I cant believe that any company would treat their clients like this. I just forked out near $600 nz dollars for a new wii-u to play online MK8 with, only to find that it is damn near impossible to hook up to wi-fi with. Bloody thing doesn't even have a lan plug. Sick of being treated like an idiot by these greedy corporations. I was quite happy to buy a ps4 to play gt7 on, but I am NOT forking out $600 for console, $100 for game and another $1100 for a ts500. Do these people think we are all retired millionaires? Just for the record, I can afford it, but wont on principle. Guess GT6 wont be supported for very long once 7 appears. Oh well, we got a year or so out of it, bugs and all. SONY CAN JAM THEIR PS4 WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE. Bastards. Think I might build me a mother of a gaming pc and see what else is available.

If my G27 is not going to be supported on PS4/GT7, then I wont be supporting sony/ PD. I cant believe that any company would treat their clients like this. I just forked out near $600 nz dollars for a new wii-u to play online MK8 with, only to find that it is damn near impossible to hook up to wi-fi with. Bloody thing doesn't even have a lan plug. Sick of being treated like an idiot by these greedy corporations. I was quite happy to buy a ps4 to play gt7 on, but I am NOT forking out $600 for console, $100 for game and another $1100 for a ts500. Do these people think we are all retired millionaires? Just for the record, I can afford it, but wont on principle. Guess GT6 wont be supported for very long once 7 appears. Oh well, we got a year or so out of it, bugs and all. SONY CAN JAM THEIR PS4 WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE. Bastards. Think I might build me a mother of a gaming pc and see what else is available.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/assetto-corsa.315/

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/project-cars/

My Problem is the following:
I have a PS3 + Logitech Driving Force EX and like to Play GT6 with that.
The reason why I like the Driving Force EX so much is, that I can just simply pull the cable of the FF Controller and drive without FF.
Also the resistance of the (2) pedals is very low, so it is more like in my real car.

Now, in the light of upcoming games such as Driveclub, I purchased a Thrustmaster T300RS but didn't like it at all, for exactly the 2 reasons why I like my Driving Force EX so much: on the T300RS the resistance on the pedals is much too high, so I would get a cramp in my feet after 10-15 minutes of driving. And the FF is much too strong, and you CANNOT Switch off FF at all (you can just set the value to 1, which is still so strong that it is totally unrealistic).
And last but not least, the 1080 degrees makes you turning the whell in hairpins as if you were steering a Bus or a tractor, sometimes one has to steer cross-handed to get around hairpins.

Now all that led me to send back the Thrustmaster in the first place.

As apparently NO LOGITECH (legacy) WHEELS WILL WORK ON PS4, the question is either
1.) which wheel to use instead (preferring wheels with only 2 pedals and FF can be switched off) or
2.) is there way to make Logitech (legacy) wheels work on PS4?

During my search to answer question 2.) I have found the CronusMAX ControllerMax which promises that "The crossover feature allows you use your favorite controller on PS4, XBOX ONE, PS3, XBOX 360 and PC."
You can find the product here:
http://controllermax.com/

Well, I'm dumb and don't know what all this means, does it mean this "Adapter" does the miracle and may make my old Logitech wheel playable on PS4?

I hope there are experts out there who know more than I do what this Thing does, and maybe able to tell.

Another question is, if GT7 will be made available on PS3 as well (and if yes, if the Logitech wheel will be supported THERE).

The whole subject is just heartbreakingly ridiculous, I don't understand neither the developers nor SONY!
The only ones who suffer are the Gamers (but I guess they just could't care less).

No, GT7 has absolutely NO chance of being on the PS3.

As for the Logitech problem, please refer to my post about the lawsuit...... :(

Thanks,
but if GT7 will not come to PS3 and PS4 will NEVER (???) Support legacy Logitech wheels, then there will be no GT7 and no PS4 in my home.
And as far as lawsuites are concerned: I'm not a lawyer, therefor reding ###pages of arguments I don't understand anyway makes me too tired to waste my time with!

My Problem is the following:
I have a PS3 + Logitech Driving Force EX and like to Play GT6 with that.
The reason why I like the Driving Force EX so much is, that I can just simply pull the cable of the FF Controller and drive without FF.
Also the resistance of the (2) pedals is very low, so it is more like in my real car.

Now, in the light of upcoming games such as Driveclub, I purchased a Thrustmaster T300RS but didn't like it at all, for exactly the 2 reasons why I like my Driving Force EX so much: on the T300RS the resistance on the pedals is much too high, so I would get a cramp in my feet after 10-15 minutes of driving. And the FF is much too strong, and you CANNOT Switch off FF at all (you can just set the value to 1, which is still so strong that it is totally unrealistic).
And last but not least, the 1080 degrees makes you turning the whell in hairpins as if you were steering a Bus or a tractor, sometimes one has to steer cross-handed to get around hairpins.

Now all that led me to send back the Thrustmaster in the first place.

As apparently NO LOGITECH (legacy) WHEELS WILL WORK ON PS4, the question is either
1.) which wheel to use instead (preferring wheels with only 2 pedals and FF can be switched off) or
2.) is there way to make Logitech (legacy) wheels work on PS4?

During my search to answer question 2.) I have found the CronusMAX ControllerMax which promises that "The crossover feature allows you use your favorite controller on PS4, XBOX ONE, PS3, XBOX 360 and PC."
You can find the product here:
http://controllermax.com/

Well, I'm dumb and don't know what all this means, does it mean this "Adapter" does the miracle and may make my old Logitech wheel playable on PS4?

I hope there are experts out there who know more than I do what this Thing does, and maybe able to tell.

Another question is, if GT7 will be made available on PS3 as well (and if yes, if the Logitech wheel will be supported THERE).

The whole subject is just heartbreakingly ridiculous, I don't understand neither the developers nor SONY!
The only ones who suffer are the Gamers (but I guess they just could't care less).
Your T300 problem is a problem with GT6 specifically, not the wheel itself. The FFB model for TM wheels got screwed up with the last update. This shouldn't be an issue with other games. The T300 received some rave reviews for the accuracy and smoothness of its FFB so I'd stick with it if i were you and ride out this rough spot in GT6 the best you can until it gets resolved.

Your T300 problem is a problem with GT6 specifically, not the wheel itself. The FFB model for TM wheels got screwed up with the last update. This shouldn't be an issue with other games. The T300 received some rave reviews for the accuracy and smoothness of its FFB so I'd stick withitifi were you andride out this rough spot in GT6 thebest you can until it gets resolved.

When I installed the T300RS, it was not listed in the list of supported wheels in GT6.
Then with the latest update (which brought the Circuito di Sierra etc.), the T300RS was listed.
However, I have sent back the wheel already, so I may have to buy it again?
I was surprised, because there is a Review of the T300RS on YouTube and the guy handles the wheel quite smoothly, completely different from my experience!
But how do I know when they have fixed the glitch in GT6?
Because the T300RS is the only wheel I would want (if I still wanted to buy a PS4, which I currently doubt very much).

When I installed the T300RS, it was not listed in the list of supported wheels in GT6.
Then with the latest update (which brought the Circuito di Sierra etc.), the T300RS was listed.
However, I have sent back the wheel already, so I may have to buy it again?
I was surprised, because there is a Review of the T300RS on YouTube and the guy handles the wheel quite smoothly, completely different from my experience!
But how do I know when they have fixed the glitch in GT6?
Because the T300RS is the only wheel I would want (if I still wanted to buy a PS4, which I currently doubt very much).
You'll only know about the wheel and GT6 from this forum most likely. Keep reading this thread because any changes will be reported there.

Here's a glowing review of the wheel in case you missed it: http://www.citizengame.co.uk/Review-detail/thrustmaster-t300-rs-wheel-accessories

You'll only know about the wheel and GT6 from this forum most likely. Keep reading this thread because any changes will be reported there.
Will I know any News about this glitch in this THREAD or is there yet another one?
Thanks to Point me there!
They are talking about the smoothness of the FF and the pedals-resistance... well, from my 1st experience in GT6 on the PS3 I would not sign that contract, compared to the Logitech Driving Force EX the pedals were hardly to press down (both gas and Brakes) and the FF was anything but smooth!
However, after having sent the 1st T300RS back, after your hint I have just re-ordered it, since there seems to be no way around it if one wants to Play GT7 (and Driveclub and Project Cars).
And MAYBE I'll get used to it as well... who knows?

But thanks for your info anyway!

Will I know any News about this glitch in this THREAD or is there yet another one?

Thanks to Point me there!
They are talking about the smoothness of the FF and the pedals-resistance... well, from my 1st experience in GT6 on the PS3 I would not sign that contract, compared to the Logitech Driving Force EX the pedals were hardly to press down (both gas and Brakes) and the FF was anything but smooth!
However, after having sent the 1st T300RS back, after your hint I have just re-ordered it, since there seems to be no way around it if one wants to Play GT7 (and Driveclub and Project Cars).
And MAYBE I'll get used to it as well... who knows?

But thanks for your info anyway!
Compared to the EX they are probably hard, but compared to most good modern pedal sets they are probably quite light. I have a brake mod for my G27 and while I haven't measured it, I'd guess it's a good 20+ lbs (10kgs) of force required to bottom out the brake pedal. I'd guess the T300's pedals are about as light as you are going to get in any current generation wheel. Only the older Logitech pedals will be lighter than that.

Project Cars will have more than enough adjustability to the wheel that I think you'll have no trouble finding what you want. It's closer to a PC sim than a console game and PC sims come with a vast array of adjustments and with much finer adjustment levels. 0-200 in increments of 1 for overall wheel effects for example in Assetto Corsa. Separate adjustments for curbs, tire slippage, linearity etc.

This video at 7:20 gives you a glimpse of the wheel adjustments available in Project Cars but remember it's still in beta so it may get even better. Whether GT7 will be on this level remains to be seen:

Take a look at 6:49 for the camera settings :eek::eek:

No..no no no no... I just cant believe in that thing... A brand new G27 its still in my plans for this year...And you guys are telling me that I will not able to use it in future on PS4 and GT7? This is 🤬. :mad:

So, G27 and other Logitech wheels will not be compatible with PS4 and GT7? This is really 🤬 serious? :banghead:

If so,then my history with Gran Turismo that started with GT1 in 1998,will end with GT6 when they close its online services. Simple as that.

No..no no no no... I just cant believe in that thing... A brand new G27 its still in my plans for this year...And you guys are telling me that I will not able to use it in future on PS4 and GT7? This is 🤬. :mad:

So, G27 and other Logitech wheels will not be compatible with PS4 and GT7? This is really 🤬 serious? :banghead:

If so,then my history with Gran Turismo that started with GT1 in 1998,will end with GT6 when they close its online services. Simple as that.
If you haven't bought the G27 yet, look at another wheel. The T300RS is more money, but it's a heck of a wheel too. You're shelling out $500 for the game+console anyway what's an extra $200 for a much better quality wheel?

If you haven't bought the G27 yet, look at another wheel. The T300RS is more money, but it's a heck of a wheel too. You're shelling out $500 for the game+console anyway what's an extra $200 for a much better quality wheel?

It makes sense,but I have the same problem as others here,in my country,the Logitech G27 is pratically the only popular selling wheel here... Im not sure where I can't find other kind of wheels,I guess I would have to import,and this means a lot of money that I dont have to spend on.

It makes sense,but I have the same problem as others here,in my country,the Logitech G27 is pratically the only popular selling wheel here... Im not sure where I can't find other kind of wheels,I guess I would have to import,and this means a lot of money that I dont have to spend on.

I'm in the same boat. Sony and Thrustmaster didn't think this through.

How much will it cost you in total to get a T300RS with pedals and a shifter?

Reactions: 550
How much will it cost you in total to get a T300RS with pedals and a shifter?

I have totally no idea about that. But I'm sure,not less than $1000,including the shiping and all stuff...

Contact Thrustmaster and find out directly. Can't hurt.

I was looking around about this T300RS... C'mon.. It can be a holly good wheel,but Ill be paying 200$ more for a wheel that there's no shifter and clutch. To be honest,it dont worth it for me. And the T500RS...:lol:... So I keep stuck on the same point. :indiff:

It's laughable that I buy a new G27 in February but it will be redundant once I get my hands on a PS4. Well, it was a summer of a lot of bugs and my only use of a racing wheel :)

You guys need to remember that we still have a few years until GT7 comes and GT6 is still relevant. I know it sucks that Logitech wheels wont be supported on PS4 but at least it wasn't an extremely sudden thing.

I cant believe that any company would treat their clients like this.
Because Logitech has stop making wheels, and that is why the company is not going to support the next generation console.

Because Logitech has stop making wheels, and that is why the company is not going to support the next generation console.

That sounds clear enought for me. Everything makes sense now. But still,they should support the G27 for the next gen,at least. G27 was the most selled wheel,and many people bought it to use in PS3,thinking on PS4,too. PS4 come too fast,G27 is not that old.

Last edited:
That sounds clear enought for me. Everything makes sense now. But still,they should support the G27 for the next gen,at least. G27 was the most selled wheel,and many people bought it to use in PS3,thinking on PS4,too. PS4 come to fast,G27 is not that old.
There is going to be a lot of unhappy customers like myself but it is their decision to do that, so I just have to go and buy another wheel when GT7 comes out.

There is going to be a lot of unhappy customers like myself but it is their decision to do that, so I just have to go and buy another wheel when GT7 comes out.

Too bad that for the most of us,spend more than $1000 in a new wheel for just one game,it's not simple as that... :indiff:

Back