Will currently supported racing wheels work on GT7/PS4?

• Thread starter Voxalizer
  • 114 comments
Too bad that for the most of us,spend more than $1000 in a new wheel for just one game,it's not simple as that... :indiff:
When GT7 comes out and I can not afford to buy a new wheel well I just have to use the controller until I can afford one.

I was looking around about this T300RS... C'mon.. It can be a holly good wheel,but Ill be paying 200$ more for a wheel that there's no shifter and clutch. To be honest,it dont worth it for me. And the T500RS...:lol:... So I keep stuck on the same point. :indiff:
It sucks but you only have a couple of other choices. Play with a controller on the PS4/XBone, or go to PC which is another ballgame altogether.
Because Logitech has stop making wheels, and that is why the company is not going to support the next generation console.
It's not Logitech not providing support it's Sony and their "security chip" that prevents the older wheels from being compatible with the PS4. Fanatec Wheels won't be working either and they are still in the business. All the wheels still work on PC.

It sucks but you only have a couple of other choices. Play with a controller on the PS4/XBone, or go to PC which is another ballgame altogether.
It's not Logitech not providing support it's Sony and their "security chip" that prevents the older wheels from being compatible with the PS4. Fanatec Wheels won't be working either and they are still in the business. All the wheels still work on PC.

The money I would spend in a PS4+GT7,will go to a new gaming PC. What's a shame,cause GT is my favourite game,for real. :(

I contact Logitech a few weeks ago and they said to me that DFGT, G27, & G25 wheels are not supported by the Playstation 4.

Reactions: 550
Yep. And at this rate, they will never be.

Which means that I am no longer going to expand my library of GT games. Sorry. I love the game, I love the community, but I WON'T go back to a controller. AND, I WON'T buy a high-priced wheel to replace a perfectly good one that I enjoy.

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or DO WITHOUT!!!!

Last edited:
I think I can fully believe @TRLWNC7396 's story about the lawsuit. I think....

Why you ask? Well the other day I sent MadCatz an email about the use of PS3 Triton Kunais on the PS4. Mind you, I've had these headsets for more than a year now. Surely it would need a "Security Chip" if it has been around for that long no?

It doesn't. They told me that the headset I have works fully on the PS4 as is. Though I don't have a PS4 (Yet...) , I can believe them.

So really this jazz about Logitech wheels not having a Security Chip is all smoke and mirrors as someone said earlier in this thread. Either Sony struck a deal with Thrustmaster or somebody was slippin'

Worse off for me, I contacted Thrustmaster about distributing wheels in South Africa. Firstly, they said they don't supply, secondly they said they don't know about the future for us South Africans...

The way some decisions are alienating people astounds me.... Fix yourselves Sony and Logitech

I think I can fully believe @TRLWNC7396 's story about the lawsuit. I think....

Why you ask? Well the other day I sent MadCatz an email about the use of PS3 Triton Kunais on the PS4. Mind you, I've had these headsets for more than a year now. Surely it would need a "Security Chip" if it has been around for that long no?

It doesn't. They told me that the headset I have works fully on the PS4 as is. Though I don't have a PS4 (Yet...) , I can believe them.

So really this jazz about Logitech wheels not having a Security Chip is all smoke and mirrors as someone said earlier in this thread. Either Sony struck a deal with Thrustmaster or somebody was slippin'

Worse off for me, I contacted Thrustmaster about distributing wheels in South Africa. Firstly, they said they don't supply, secondly they said they don't know about the future for us South Africans...

The way some decisions are alienating people astounds me.... Fix yourselves Sony and Logitech
When you said, Either Sony struck a deal with Thrustmaster that's why I think that Logitech is no coming to the party, and if Sony had the security chip why are they not going to use it or is it Logitech have said they are not going to supporting the PS4.

Last edited:
Controllers are VASTLY different from headsets!

Anyone can build a device that receives and sends a pass-through signal. It's different when you want to manipulate stuff. ;)

Apparently Fanatec is going to be releasing new wheels and components for the Current Gen console market. They will differ in prices, quality and materials. If I can build something Fanatec that's a replica of the G27 for the cost of a new G27, I won't be too bothered. However, I'd still have to import and that costs money.

Wheel issues....:banghead: and my G27's starting to malfunction...

I could hardly believe that there are no resellers for Thrustmaster wheels in South Africa, therefore I did a Little Research at
http://www.thrustmaster.com/where-to-buy
and found the following:

Thrustmaster%20Resellers%20South%20Africa.JPG

There may be more, as I also found this:
http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70409

There may be still even more than that, I just did a simple Google-Search with
"Thrustmaster distributors South Africa"

Google%20Is%20Your%20Friend.jpg

Last edited:
I could hardly believe that there are no resellers for Thrustmaster wheels in South Africa, therefore I did a Little Research at
http://www.thrustmaster.com/where-to-buy
and found the following:

Thrustmaster%20Resellers%20South%20Africa.JPG

They don't have suppliers here, I even contacted Thrustmaster directly. I checked Kalahari.net and takealot.com . I went to Look n Listen , Musica and even Toys R Us and they were like "Thrustmaster? Racing wheels? Wut?" Eventually I gave up on them.

Well,
I just wanted to help, not knowing that things are that bad in S.A.
At least one more country for me not to emigrate to! :D

Sony knows people are pissed about this, doesn't mean they will/can change it, especially if its a lawsuit like I heard it was.

Sony knows people are pissed about this, doesn't mean they will/can change it, especially if its a lawsuit like I heard it was.
Yeah, that's the dark side of ALL These companies: they do what THEY want, even though they all don't get tired to tell us:
"We listen to our customers"
and
"The wishes of our customers are important to us!"
BS!
They should go and get ALL the wheels (most of them Logitech) that work on PS3 (GT6) working on PS4 too!
So you have bought a new PS$? Thank you for that!
Oh... and now you have to buy a new wheel? Sorry for that, but not our fault!
NOT EVEN THE BLU-RAY REMOTE-CONTROL THAT WORKS FINE ON PS3 WORKS ON PS4! AND THAT'S A GENUINE SONY PRODUCT!!!
So we recommend you buy a SONY TV, the you can control the PS4 with your TV's Remote Control.
Thank you very much for the hint, SONY, but I was Kind enough already to buy a SONY 55" TV, so don't try to sell me another one!
I bet SONY doesn't give a $h|t if we are all pissed or not!

@EmaNymton come to South mate, I've been nearly everywhere, asked around and to no avail. I've used Google already thank you plus have you seen how old that article is? Go phone and contact these "suppliers" and they'll tell you the same thing. Everyone has told me, "Eish you'll have to import." "No we don't have..." "Thrustmaster? We haven't haven't heard anything from them, we have Logitech wheels for you though." So what point are you trying to convey to a person that lives in the actual area? In fact the hub where all these things would come first? No offence though.

Either way I'm not buying another wheel at that ridiculous price. Tis even more than the console itself!

Anyways. The internet is setting DriveClub alight right now...

15217517778_b9141e96ca_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
Well looky here, Sony previewed an update

What's significant of this update though is the addition of a USB music player and by the images, maybe a USB Movie player too. Plenty of PS4 owners complained about this and it seems that Sony is starting to listen now.

A sign that we Logitech wheel owners may be lucky? It could happen, I mean the whole Logitech wheel support issue is gaining awareness. So by the time GT7 comes about, will we be in safe hands?

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I bought my g27 when they first came out. Had my fun, and put it up in storage. ps3 died shortly thereafter(rip)

I bought a 360 to try forza and custom soundtracks!

Fast forward to this summer. I started debating which new system to purchase. the first question was obviously; who supports the g27. No one?! Fml.. both systems support the RS series, but THE WHEEL BUNDLE IS $500. And that's not counting the system.

So I decided to wait for the systems and wheels to come downin price, and bought another ps3 to bid my time enjoying gt6(which I have never played, but look forward to the hours or days of updating). just working on another rig for my wheel

Btw this is my first post. was a member years ago now I back..

I'm guessing a lack of Steering wheel support will affect the development of Gran Turismo 7?
If Sony are going to change their minds and offer legacy support, they should do it now... the sooner the better.

Reactions: VBR
Due to the details of the court settlement, there is absolutely NO possibility of getting ANY Logitech controllers of ANY kind to work with/on the PS4.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a fact of life at this point..... :mad:

Due to the details of the court settlement, there is absolutely NO possibility of getting ANY Logitech controllers of ANY kind to work with/on the PS4.

What details? Please share them.

:)

Look at my post on previous pages. Also, do a web search for "Logitech and Sony". There are SEVERAL forums that cover FAR more details than my previous post.

It boils down to this, though: Logitech wants a BIG cut of EVERYTHING that uses their "immersion" system, and Sony and M$ have BOTH been shafted by their greed.

So, in the court settlement, Logitech demanded a pretty hefty commission on anything that can be used with their system (in our case, the racing wheels). Sony and M$ are both unwilling to comply, so Logitech has stopped doing business with both companies. Not to mention ALL gaming.

Everyone loses.

After reading those articles (and I thought I had the best one bookmarked, but it's not on this computer), I am not (quite) so unwilling to support Sony.

My post about the court case is on page 2 of this thread.

Interesting thing is this person on gamefaqs is claiming that the G27 is recognized by the PS4, he can do stuff with it. But DriveClub doesn't recognize it.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704524-driveclub/70263098
If this is indeed true it means there is probably just some code writing needed by someone to make it work. The way I see it, the success of GT7 very much depends on logitech compatibility so Sony may not put much $/effort into the issue until GT7 gets closer.

Back