Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 532 comments
I was able to put in three solid hours on the game today. It was a lot of fun discovering so much of the map. Still need one more beauty spot, but I’ve found all the roads and 3-starred all the danger signs, including the seasonal objective. I’m having fun.

The first thing I did was find all of the roads, beauty spots and danger signs. IIRC when I unlocked the Achievement for smashing all of the signs it said 0.04% of players had unlocked it, probably the least common Achievement I've ever earned! The Treasure Map really paid off and it was essentially free as I purchased it with the £5 credit I got from my Bing Rewards points 👍

Last edited:
IMO the Falcon Loop layout is going to favor cars with more high-speed cornering potential as T1 is really tight and your exit speed there decides the rest of the lap. Really looking forward to seeing all of the layouts on the circuit in my next gameplay session.

The thought of entering a barn only to find a worn and partly disassembled LEGO car is beyond strange. Fingers crossed it's something else.

This expansion back is not too bad after all, the reason being that the leggo element doesn't intrude too much at all. It's just a typical FH expansion giving you more of the same that's in the main game, but with bits of leggo lying about, and trees and buildings apparently made of leggo.

But then what's the point of the whole leggo angle? If you take the Hot Wheels pack, that introduced a new type of gameplay. But the Leggo thing seems to be a bit pointless and does not impart anything new or original into the game.

I'm sort of happy enough with this outcome, I just think the whole thing is wrongheaded. But some leggo fans aren't happy, understandably.

When I first heard what the expansion would be I was disappointed like everyone else. However I kept an open mind and looked forward to it. After playing it, I actually do enjoy this expansion and I am actually having a great time playing it. I almost hate to admit it, but I have been enjoying this more than I did with Fortune Island. Also, dare I say, out of all the expansions from the recent 3 Horizon games, this is my second favorite (behind Hot Wheels.) Never thought this would happen.

But of course like anything it's not perfect. I know everyone pointed out the issue with the number of cars and I'm sure there will be more. But being a Lego expansion, I just wish there was more in the "building aspect". Actually building your own custom kind of house would have been great. Actually putting the pieces to your Lego F40 would've been sick. I have always been against the introduction of clothing customization in FH4 but I feel like customizing your Lego character would have fit perfectly.

I wanted to talk about the map. I love the way everything looks from brickchester, the stunt park, and everything else. But I can't help but point out the fact that like the entire expansion, it has potential written all over it. For example the football stadium. Imagine a much larger version where you could actually play soccer with your cars (like the Forza Youtubers do with the Peel P50 as the ball). Or make that one of the new Playground Games, how cool would that be! Or maybe going along with my point about building, you can use your lego pieces to make your own obstacle course/stunt park that can be blueprinted as some kind of custom racing or drifting course. But then again, just like with blizzard mountain showcasing weather (which would be step towards seasons in FH4), I'm sure the developers are using this to hint at better things to come in next installment, or at least I hope.

I also wanted to ride the roller coaster and the planes, but that may be asking for too much....

Been playing some of the expansion and can't help but feel disappointed. The map just feels like a standard uninspiring chunk of a Horizon world with a Lego face on it. The FH3 Hot Wheels pack at least had some shock and awe value to it, as well as novelty.

Sadly the Lego expansion really lacks that novelty value. It just feels like more of the same as the standard game. Even the "building" aspect feels like a let down since we can't build our own house the way we want to or put the Lego cars together ourselves.

Sure it looks cool and the Lego cars are cute, but I feel its all a missed opportunity.

Tried the DLC last night and it is fun because of the map design, the Hotwheels DLC still feels more unique in terms of gameplay. The map is nice and more dirt routes that actually runs on dirt is better too, the tiny circuit around Brickchester with a full grid of Lego Mini is a joy to watch and play.

That would be unfair to those that don't buy the expansions so it makes sense why they don't.

The content's mere existence is unfair to those that don't have it, so I don't see the point of this argument.

I also don't think anyone is asking for the playlists on the main map to feature stuff taking place on the expansion maps, just (probably smaller) playlists specifically for those maps.

The content's mere existence is unfair to those that don't have it, so I don't see the point of this argument.

I also don't think anyone is asking for the playlists on the main map to feature stuff taking place on the expansion maps, just (probably smaller) playlists specifically for those maps.
And the prizes would be the same as the main map, so you don't have to worry about any DLC exclusives if you don't have Fortune Island or LEGO.

I have a question, shortly after landing in LEGO Valley I changed to B class car to complete the Extraterresidential challenge but now I can't find the LEGO car they gave me when I started the expansion. Do I have to unlock it again by doing events? What happened to the LEGO vehicles?

I have a question, shortly after landing in LEGO Valley I changed to B class car to complete the Extraterresidential challenge but now I can't find the LEGO car they gave me when I started the expansion. Do I have to unlock it again by doing events? What happened to the LEGO vehicles?
The Mini is S1.

You can find the expansion cars under the LEGO Speed Champions manufacturer in your garage.

The Mini is S1.
That's right, that's why I had to change it for another car.

You can find the expansion cars under the LEGO Speed Champions manufacturer in your garage.
Thanks. The LEGO manufacturer didn't appear until later. Maybe I had to collect more bricks first.

I don't get why i've been quoted since I basically said exactly what you did in the first sentence lol. Although i didn't choose the best wording i guess?

I don't get why i've been quoted since I basically said exactly what you did in the first sentence lol. Although i didn't choose the best wording i guess?

I'm saying it being "unfair to those that didn't buy it" isn't a valid excuse to not do something in the game since people have the choice to buy it or not. If you choose to forgo certain things, you do so with the understanding you will be missing out on some things. It's also why I feel no sympathy for those who can't get prizes that have to be won via online events because they don't have Gold (them being locked behind horribly ran events is another matter).

And the prizes would be the same as the main map, so you don't have to worry about any DLC exclusives if you don't have Fortune Island or LEGO.

I wouldn't mind exclusive cars as it would give me a reason to re-visit the expansion maps, which has been one of my biggest gripes with the way Forza does expansions.

Last edited:
Are you people that dense? Cars exist, humans exist, and England exists.
Therefore something like Horizon could very well happen in real life, eventhough it's very unlikely, but therefor it still comes over as believable.

The Lego part however, perhaps in another universe? It's like comparing Star Wars with Jason Bourne...
Crashing 200 mph into the wall and your car not being totalled is "believeable"?
There are hot wheels cars in this game, that dont exist. A Final Fantasy car, a Halo car, that dont exist. A showcase where you're driving on a Halo.
Just say you don't like it, instead of this ******** gatekeeping.

edit: Go play, like any racing sim if you want believability. Cause thats not what Horizon is about.

Been playing some of the expansion and can't help but feel disappointed. The map just feels like a standard uninspiring chunk of a Horizon world with a Lego face on it. The FH3 Hot Wheels pack at least had some shock and awe value to it, as well as novelty.

Sadly the Lego expansion really lacks that novelty value. It just feels like more of the same as the standard game. Even the "building" aspect feels like a let down since we can't build our own house the way we want to or put the Lego cars together ourselves.

Sure it looks cool and the Lego cars are cute, but I feel its all a missed opportunity.

But that's exactly what I was looking for. "More of the same". I'm sure the average Horizon player agrees.

The fact some people want "shock and awe" is how we ended up with Lego branding in a map that could have been pretty much anything else. That being said, the Lego aesthetic is one of the high notes of the expansion.

I really don't get all the fuss over Hot Wheels, seriously. Hot Wheels was the least Horizon-like map in the history of the franchise. It just doesn't fit. The cars fit better than the Lego cars, but the map?

In a game with dirt and cross country racing, you'd expect an expansion to cover all possible bases, but Hot Wheels basically made trucks, buggies and pretty much anything offroad useless, contrary to Blizzard Mountain, where Playground was able to slide some Road Racing events into, despite how severe the conditions were.

Exploration in Hot Wheels was extremely linear. To find exp boards, or rather, to simply go anywhere, you had to figure out which route to take instead of just plowing through with your favorite car. Not what I'm looking for in an open world game... I was surprised it even had a Barn Find.

Hot Wheels, as content, was biased towards a single type of content: ultrafast cars. Surely enough, the people who beg for the newest hypercars make one of the most sizable communities in all of Forza, but they were the only ones able to get anything out of the expansion...Which wasn't smart on Playground's part.

I quite like the map we got with the expansion, especially the racetrack. I always wanted a real racetrack to free roam and race on in a Horizon game.
I'm still disappointed that there are only three LEGO cars. In my opinion that's just not enough for an expansion. I was also quite suprised to see that the AI doesn't even use them in races or free roam.

That's because, so far, no one has driven them much. Drivatars use whatever your friend drives the most. If your friend hasn't driven a car from that category at all, it defaults to one of the starter cars or to the one they first earned.

Actually, the amount of Drivatars driving these placeholders could hint at this "10 million players" number not reflecting the current player base. In the achievements list it shows that 60%, give or take, made it past the introductory season loop, which trims that number down to 6 million already.

That's because, so far, no one has driven them much. Drivatars use whatever your friend drives the most. If your friend hasn't driven a car from that category at all, it defaults to one of the starter cars or to the one they first earned.

Actually, the amount of Drivatars driving these placeholders could hint at this "10 million players" number not reflecting the current player base.

I'm pretty sure the only thing Drivatars use from their associated account is the license plate.

As much fun as this expansion is it honestly feels rushed. Traffic just being the standard 65 Mini, only 3 “new” cars, the barn find being locked behind a future update and the map size (among other things) really isn’t enough for an expansion. They should’ve just waited at least an extra month before releasing it.

As much fun as this expansion is it honestly feels rushed. Traffic just being the standard 65 Mini, only 3 “new” cars, the barn find being locked behind a future update and the map size (among other things) really isn’t enough for an expansion. They should’ve just waited at least an extra month before releasing it.

It feels that way (especially with the car count), but I guess the priority was to get the expansion announced and released during E3.

Crashing 200 mph into the wall and your car not being totalled is "believeable"?
There are hot wheels cars in this game, that dont exist. A Final Fantasy car, a Halo car, that dont exist. A showcase where you're driving on a Halo.
Just say you don't like it, instead of this ******** gatekeeping.

edit: Go play, like any racing sim if you want believability. Cause thats not what Horizon is about.

Please don't put words in my mouth, i did enjoy FH 3 and 4, who are you too say i dont?

Also you're not seeing the differences, the cars in FH3 were made to look realistic, and yes, 'believeable'.
Realistic tires, engine, and moving visible suspension, and allot of the Hot Wheels, and i believe even the Warthog do have real life counterparts or replicas.

Even the HW track was supposedly build up on a private island, not realistic, nor possible, but at least they made it sound plausible.

And the 200mph into the wall thing.. couldn't you do that in Forza Motorsport aswell? Or Gran Turismo? Live For Speed, rFactor?
Great example you got there..

And one thing, if you don't know what something means don't say it, i'm not gatekeeping anything here.

Edit : Telling me to just play another game because i have some critique and disagree with you, now that's gatekeeping if i ever saw it.

Last edited:
Back