Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 4' started by mustafur, Jun 6, 2019.

1. UKMikey

UKMikey

2. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

If it's in 2 hours than it's just the usual time everything is always released. Which always means I'm at work and I have a long day ahead of me.

3. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

They just said in the stream it will be live in about two hours. So yeah, about 1000 Pacific Time. And I don't get off work until 1800.

4. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

I'll be off at 3PM. I'll just download it when I go home for lunch so it'll be ready as soon as I get home.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  5. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

and I'll download now. In spite of my own moping, I'm going to try it out of curiosity. because I bought the Ultimate Edition including the expansion pass and I will make sure I get my money's worth out of this damn thing. I have the day off today, so I can try it as soon as its ready to go. :p

raven214 and Losco like this.
  6. raven214

raven214

Watching the stream... Racing a Lego car alongside real cars looks so weird!! I guess I'll get used to it, but man it looks strange. I suppose you can think of the "real" cars as being Hot Wheels, and then they're all toy cars at that point. I'm still going to give this a fair try - hopefully I will have some time when get home from work tonight.

7. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Kind of disappointing there are only three LEGO cars, especially when the Speed Champions catalog is fairly extensive. The map looks really cool though and it does look like there's plenty to do in the game as well.

8. Nielsen

Nielsen

They're probably saving some for Series 11 weekly rewards. I hope I'm wrong though.

9. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

It seems unlikely. Weekly reward cars are normally available to everyone. I would think LEGO cars will only be available to people who have the DLC.

ImaRobot likes this.
  10. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

That the most logical, to be honest. They're not going to release a large expansion only to give away cars for free that should be part of the expansion. They also aren't going to lock the majority of the playerbase out of acquiring new cars.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  11. Nielsen

Nielsen

It would be an opportunity to advertize the expansion to players who haven't bought it. Appetizers so to speak. I don't see why they wouldn't hand out a few LEGO cars to everyone when the expansion has so much more to offer.

Remember how FH3 had weekly Porsche models in Forzathon available to everyone despite there being a paid Porsche pack? Not exactly the same to compare, but still.

GTvsForza likes this.
  12. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

The problem being is that compared to past expansions, this has a major lack of vehicles, so that wouldn't rub well with people who have bought the expansion. If I remember, the Porsche pack came with a good amount of vehicles, making it less of a problem to give away free Porsche' in the long run.

13. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Seems like they should have exclusive events in the Lego world where you can win new cars or something.

14. Nielsen

Nielsen

Who is locked out from obtaining cars in seasonal events?

The appeal of the LEGO cars is largely tied to the new LEGO map, so I don't see it causing a major uproar from expansion owners if some cars were offered in the Festival Playlist. Again, barely more than appetizers for the expansion. I wouldn't be happy about it personally, but that's because I would prefer "normal" cars instead.

That's another possibility. Fortune Island has one-time seasonal events but the rewards are generic.

15. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

That was hypothetical, extending my first sentence.

I do. There's already lots of people having issue with there apparently only having 3 cars in the LEGO expansion. So if they immediately started giving away LEGO cars for free after they just released a paid expansion that is lacking LEGO vehicles, I can imagine it would sit even worse than how most people are already reacting about the expansion in the first place. It'll also give the naysayers who are already not fond of the pack another bone to pick with the expansion they hate so much.

16. Nielsen

Nielsen

So far everything on the Festival Playlist has been available to everyone with a Gold account. No one would be locked out.

17. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Yes, I know. That's why I said it's a hypothetical that extends directly from my first sentence. It wasn't a sentence to be read individually. It's a continuation of what I was alluding to.

They wont release cars that should be in an expansion that they're barely releasing. If they do, I feel that it would have to be locked to the expansion pack owners, to not leave sour taste in their mouths otherwise, but that would lock out others. Both are bad choices in my opinion.

18. Doomotron

Doomotron

It doesn't work. The servers are down (but strangely online still works) and no mention of Lego anywhere in the game.

I paid £80 for this game.

19. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

I paid $100. Some people paid $60. Some people probably got it for free as gifts, or significantly cheaper as used. I'm not sure what that matters? Maybe have a little patience and look into the official source?

raven214, NLxAROSA and RazorSharkz like this.
  20. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

Give it time, stuff like this happens.

21. Nacho Libre

Nacho Libre

Wait, what? Another update (8.2 GB)?

22. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

Is everything awesome yet?

SecretAgentZero likes this.
  23. The Chosen One

The Chosen One

I'll have to check in a few hours. I canceled the update because the internet connection was awful.

I now have to reinstall the entire game and all of the DLC.

24. JR98

JR98 Premium

This is the best Forza Expansion ever
    3AAEF85C-0E00-4B75-8C23-2709BB1CDC3B.png

palqo, VXR, SecretAgentZero and 4 others like this.
  25. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

26. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

Methinks the Lego F40.

ImaRobot and JR98 like this.
  27. JR98

JR98 Premium

LEGO F40 with no rear wing because of cosmetic damage

ImaRobot likes this.
  28. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

Well that sucks. Good luck with the reinstall.

29. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Weird how drastically it threw me off lol.

30. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

It's a bit of a dead ringer for a Z or similar without the wing. I was thrown off for a second, too.