Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 532 comments
What if everything will be replaced with Lego, something like Lego Racers?
It's really out of place still, but it could be fun.

I still hope, it won't be LEGO. But as I already paid for it, I will play it regardless and maybe end up enjoying it.

I'm personally open for anything FRESH. F-R-E-S-H. Something new. LEGO definitely would be something fresh and new. The dramatic weather stuff has been done to death, and Hotwheels was fun, but not enough for me to return personally. The idea of going through loop-de-loops and boosting was fun for the first few days, but after it was completed I never returned.

LEGO definitely could be the fun we're looking for. The ability to literally build cars and race in crazy Lego themed environments definitely sounds awesome. I honestly don't get the hate but I'm not about to reignite that argument. Regardless, we should definitely see what's in store for us hopefully at E3.

Ever since the leaks, I've just been thinking "How bad can it be?" Every Forza Horizon expansion I've played (bear in mind I haven't played any of the expansions from the first two games) has left a positive impression on me and I trust PG to keep that momentum going.

Plus my mind keeps going back to the manner which Playground Games are deciding to announce the expansion; if a content update has secured a spot in Microsoft's press conference, then it must be a pretty big deal and something they know people are going to react to enthusiastically.

Seems to me that the old Forza vs Gran Turismo debate is becoming less of a thing. Forza and Forza Horizon is aimed at kids: Lego, Hot Wheels, silly avatar stuff etc
Gran Turismo is for a much more mature audience with things like Vision GT.
I can understand the appeal for young kids as far as Forza is concerned.

Seems to me that the old Forza vs Gran Turismo debate is becoming less of a thing. Forza and Forza Horizon is aimed at kids: Lego, Hot Wheels, silly avatar stuff etc

Yes, because a fake car powered by lasers like the Chaparral VGT is 'more mature' then LEGO cars. And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't GT Sport also have avatar stuff in the form of a suit livery editor? So really, what difference is that compared to race suits in Forza 7 and avatar clothing in Horizon 4?

You lot really need to get better troll jobs because good lord this is weak.

TDU was an arcade racer as well.

DriveClub was an arcade racer as well.

Heck, even NFS isn't this goofy!

So you're response is to post 1 series that got canned, one that's been purchased by a low-budget developer and one that is a shell of it's former self?

Sure FM7 is old now but Microsoft is clearly unleashing all they got on FH4 and leaving the "serious" game aside.

Every game eventually reaches a point where the developer stops updating it in order to focus on the next iteration.

I saw quite a few content creators leaving or simply slowing down their production because they felt Playground screwed them over, whether they stated it openly or not.

That's going to happen no matter how good/bad the game is. At the end of the day they are putting alot of time and effort into something they receive no compensation for. Eventually they either don't have the time to devote to it or don't feel it's worth the effort.

I really don't understand why people are so defensi

I wouldn't say I'm defending it as much as understanding why they would do something like a LEGO expansion. PG, T10 and Microsoft are still for-profit companies, something like LEGO is a hell of a lot more appealing for an E3 presentation than another "slightly different than the main map" expansion.

I wouldn't say I'm defending it as much as understanding why they would do something like a LEGO expansion. PG, T10 and Microsoft are still for-profit companies, something like LEGO is a hell of a lot more appealing for an E3 presentation than another "slightly different than the main map" expansion.

Plus, going back to FH1, there's always been a pretty easy to see pattern with regards to expansions - usually the first one is offroad based (Rally, Storm Island, Blizzard Mountain, Fortune Island) and the second one is one that brings out the interesting stuff (1000 Club if you want to count it, Porsche, Hot Wheels, whatever comes down the pipe now)

Again, I see why people are complaining, because to be frank, Playground hasn't exactly instilled a lot of confidence that the future of the Horizon series is in good hands, and I can see quite easily that we might be at the point where as a collective, there needs to be some questioning as to what makes the next Horizon a better game then the iterative improvements from 2 onward. But what's really making me both laugh and get pissed off is just the amount of hyperbole and frankly asinine thought processes going into the potential of the second expansion being LEGO. And we haven't even gotten a look at what the big idea is yet! I'd be more inclined to believe people's bitching and moaning (because that's all that it really is at this point without even an inkling of confirmation, just rumors) if there was gameplay to parse, but there isn't. So what's the point?

I would say you're spot on, i've always left like GT was slightly more 'mature' than Forza, with the licenses, the many events like GT academy, the unforgiving physics and the fact that they're aiming for photrealism.
I even remember that the circuits in Forza 1 up to Forza 4 were upscaled to make passing more easy in online races, never managed to get realistic times on the Ring or Tsukuba.

It's what the majority wants though.

Hey, did you know GTPlanet has a section dedicated to Gran Turismo?!

It's right over there (you have to take the left at Albuquerque), which is certainly not here as this is the Forza Horizon section.

99% LEGO is real, but could it be HALO and not FH4?? Plss!! :yuck:
(There was a project for this that got cancelled so maybe it got picked up again?)

I wish they would add bikes!! :D
It was great addition to DriveClub but they would suck on winter haha

Has LEGO ever been featured in a DLC content for another game? Could the object of an eventual LEGO appearance at the Xbox presentation be a standalone game developed in collaboration with MS and/or making use of a Microsoft-owned IP, rather than a FH4 DLC? Could it be a "standalone EP", a la FH2 Fast and Furious, which is not necessarily the EP2 covered by the Season Pass?

Whatever, just thinking out loud. I guess we'll find out in about 20 hours.

I'm actually very excited for this. As someone else said, if the expansion is LEGO, it'll be fresh and new. If it isn't LEGO, well I have absolutely no idea what it could be so it'd be pretty exciting too. Granted the expansion itself could be rubbish but at least it'll be new content. It isn't much, but it's something.

99% LEGO is real, but could it be HALO and not FH4?? Plss!! :yuck:
(There was a project for this that got cancelled so maybe it got picked up again?)

Halo is linked with Mega Bloks, so there won't be anything LEGO related in that franchise.

I couldn't play it if it was a Lego expansion. Just like I don't play any Lego game, Avengers, Indiana Jones etc. That would be a poor choice. A new real world location is a much better idea.

I saw this rumor hit Reddit the other day. I honestly hope it is not LEGO themed, as I have zero interest in that kind of expansion. I tried the Hotwheel one because I had the ultimate of FH3 and I played it for awhile, but never really got into it, Blizzard mountain was awesome however. I have the ultimate again with FH4, so I guess it doesn't hurt to try it out, but expectations are set extremely low.

For context, I lean more towards the sim side of the genre, FH4 is fun to hoon around in my rig and drift around an open world map and just drive. I did enjoy the needle hill climb in fortune island a lot.

It's still too early to officially say I called it but...this is what I wrote May 17th:

Globally-known IP? Almost like a new game?

I'm gonna go ahead and make a prediction: LEGO

Picture it: The whole FH4 main map replicated in Lego, Lego versions of many (Most? All?) of the vehicles in the game, Lego minifig avatars...building your own cars out of Lego pieces...

It's exactly the kind of blockbuster/bombshell announcement you can picture them making at E3, especially with no FM8 coming this year.

Yes, because a fake car powered by lasers like the Chaparral VGT is 'more mature' then LEGO cars. And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't GT Sport also have avatar stuff in the form of a suit livery editor? So really, what difference is that compared to race suits in Forza 7 and avatar clothing in Horizon 4?

You lot really need to get better troll jobs because good lord this is weak.

Suit livery editor is actually much more mature than the wacky crap in fm7 and horizon 4.

Majority of the suit livery editors I can tell you most of the people downloaded and used racing suits that are seen in real life.

Forza Motorsport most likely has now been relegated to the back seat due to Forza Horizon just like how Forza Motorsport made PGR take the back seat the same thing is happening to the motorsport series.

We need something big as next expansion. Lego would ruin the game. How can they even talk about it. What am i like 3 years old

Back