Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
No benefit in Forza. To get the best visuals you have to choose 30fps and thats a no go for racing games these days.
I would be mad at Microsoft. How many times they scamed the userbase with promisses and then didnt delivere. Turn(around)1(8)0 and Philly promissed and then on release day, ooh not yet maybe with an upcoming patch. Thats a nogo. 6 years in the making and this is a current gen only game? There is no straw to hold on.

Fm dosen’t get up to gt7 now after spec ll update, its completly new game, the payouts are completly overhouled for custom and arcade races and its based on circuit experince and collector level progress and rewards increasing the better you doing, weakly challanges is welcome going to keep the game alive, the cars in the update drives good and sound fantastic to, the snow track is cool, 20 new events was added witch is good amount, and unlike fm its not time limited, they will stay, fm is never going to have a complete single player, by the looks of things,
Gt7 spec ll update was massive and its going to get me playing the game much more now, i am going to try gold some of circuit expeeinces i could not do before,
Its safe to say that gt7 is in much better state than fm right now, i dont expect a massive update like this for december, but maybe with good selection of cars just before chrismas

Why are people praising weekly events? It seems like a rehash of events already in the game that most people would have already completed. Am I missing something?
It's an added incentive to go back and replay some of the menu events.

I hope the limited time content doesn't get too overwhelming with future updates (one of the main reasons I quit FH4 and never picked up FH5).

It's an added incentive to go back and replay some of the menu events.

I hope the limited time content doesn't get too overwhelming with future updates (one of the main reasons I quit FH4 and never picked up FH5).
So was I the only one who thought this was going to be new, as in completely new, not in the game, events?

It’s another missed opportunity if you ask me. Sure the payouts thing is great for those who play to get credits and buy new cars, which I totally get, but we could have actually new events that would be a new challenge and still have the payouts.

So was I the only one who thought this was going to be new, as in completely new, not in the game, events?

It’s another missed opportunity if you ask me. Sure the payouts thing is great for those who play to get credits and buy new cars, which I totally get, but we could have actually new events that would be a new challenge and still have the payouts.

They finally make older events replayable thats a good thing otherwise you would not touch them again their is one special event in the mix with porsche 992 gt3 rs, maybe the through in one special event each week, weakly challanges is still a huge deal for gt7 and going to keep it alive for longer,
And last time i checked the update bring 20 new events that will proably be used from time to time the update is massive for the game and i hope they keep it up

They finally make older events replayable thats a good thing otherwise you would not touch them again their is one special event in the mix with porsche 992 gt3 rs, maybe the through in one special event each week, weakly challanges is still a huge deal for gt7 and going to keep it alive for longer,
And last time i checked the update bring 20 new events that will proably be used from time to time the update is massive for the game and i hope they keep it up
I agree with everything you said but calling old and permanent weekly events is playing with words. I expected better, but I can see that’s on me.

To be honest I prefer to have this old events replayable in weekly challenges than getting new ones which will disappear after one week.

This is great way to give you another way of earning credits weekly, but also not being predatory FOMO (Fear of missing out) so yeah this is perfect imho.

To be honest I prefer to have this old events replayable in weekly challenges than getting new ones which will disappear after one week.

This is great way to give you another way of earning credits weekly, but also not being predatory FOMO (Fear of missing out) so yeah this is perfect imho.

The only exclusive event seems to be the one make with gt3 rs maybe they have one of those kind of exclusive races each week its to early to say how it will work, but for me this is very welcome feature for gt7 in my opinion glad we can now get replay value for the events we have in the game

Last edited:
Will FM8 offer robust multiplayer? I don't know that much about it since I don't have an Xbox. Because that's the main issue with GT7 right now (ok the intense grind for artificially inflated car prices is one too) and the Spec II update showed that PD has no interest in fixing and improving Sport mode and lobbies.

Will FM8 offer robust multiplayer? I don't know that much about it since I don't have an Xbox. Because that's the main issue with GT7 right now (ok the intense grind for artificially inflated car prices is one too) and the Spec II update showed that PD has no interest in fixing and improving Sport mode and lobbies.
There are some things about the Forza multiplayer system I quite enjoy. First, there's per-race qualifying sessions (basically you can do up to 3 quali laps in free practice before the race starts) vs the imo nonsensical qualifying system in GTS / GT7. Races also rotate tracks from session to session, so for example one touring car race will be in Road America, the next one in Spa, the next one in Hakone, and so on. Classes still rotate weekly, so besides the permanent classes (Touring Cars and GT) there is one or more classes to race on for the duration of the week like Formula Mazda, historic LMP, and others. The best part for me is that they make great use of the dynamic time of day and weather in these online races, sometimes it's all dry, wet, it starts raining mid-race, etc.

There is one big caveat for all of this though, and it's that there's an issue with how matchmaking is set up. Basically, matchmaking is done at the moment you click race and enter a practice session, unlike iRacing or GTS/7 which do the matchmaking when the race inscription period closes and can just assign drivers optimally. Maybe the system works in theory (as in, the signees in your room are actually near your skill and safety rating), but it certainly doesn't show in practice - there's pretty much always a huge disparity of skill in all the rooms I've been in and I remain unconvinced the safety rating actually does anything. It's impossible to check if this is the case though because the game doesn't let you see other drivers' ratings either.

This isn't to say you can't have good races on it though, and at its best it's a really great system. With better matchmaking I'd say the online experience is better than GT7's personally.

Relax pd did a lot of quality off life changes and added a lot of content for single player with spec ll update for single player users,
It was what game needed the most, this wont be the last update their will be proably other that focus on adding things for sport mode players later, pd did listen to a lot of issues we had with single player, and we also got one of the most requested cars along with it,

Its still clear that pd focus most of time has been. For online racing otherwise they would not push gt world series so much, witch is still incrediable what they have made with those events i am not even a sport mode plsyer and i think those events is so exciting to watch and looking forward to next event in early december

Ok. I understand you may like Forza more. Nothing wrong with that. Everybody have different taste.

But saying „it has more to offer” you are stating facts not personal taste.

And GT7 has much much more content overall than Forza.

20 tracks in Forza vs 38 tracks in GT7
Forza has only 4 game modes with Builders Cup, Rivals, Custom Race and Multiplayer against GT7 10? I think?
Only thing Forza has more are cars but not substential number and cars have been strangly and awkwardly categorized with V8 Supercars against GT3 cars and other nonsense + cars are much worse quality than GT7
Forza lacks drift mode which GT7 has
Forza lacks split screen which GT7 has
No VR support for Forza
No 120 fps mode
Replays in Forza are horrible
Rain is downgrade from Forza 7 and very simplified without 3D puddles etc

I can go on and on. It is imposdible to defend statement that Forza has more to offer than GT7 actually.
In GT7 there is still not a Career at all...
In FM there is Builders Cup...
And those Championship Races are much more Motivating then the (only)Races we have with GT7!

In GT7 there is still not a Career at all...
In FM there is Builders Cup...
And those Championship Races are much more Motivating then the (only)Races we have with GT7!

There is career just not the same as previous titles and their is more career events in gt7 overall, and unlike fm its not fomo, all the new fm tours will be time limited, the events that added to gt7 is not taken away or put on time limit, and the new weakly challanges get good use of older world circuit events and give them purpuse to replay them, gt7 is by far in much better state than fm, no matter witch game you prefer,

I dont like the new fm at all, so many flaws, full of bugs and glitches, the sounds are also the worst in series so far, even with updates i dont see this game having a huge pontential thats a least how i feel about it,

Last edited:
Back