Will GT7 stay away from the DLC parade?

• Thread starter Jaimz
  • 65 comments
Jaimzl
I sure hope so. Nothing worse than day one DLC. I wouldn't mind paying for premium car packs/tracks as long as it wasn't cut out released day one or shortly after. Driveclub does DLC exceptionally well. Free tracks each month up to this one (February is the last month for new tracks) a few free cars every month and then ~$5 for an event package that has 10-15 new events to work your way through. Basically everything you actually want is free and the events are great but not needed to actually enjoy everything the game has to offer. PD should take note

I certainly hope not. I want all the new content I can get my hands on. Nothing would be worse in this day and age than getting a game and having it for 2 or 3 years and not getting any new content. I'd rather have a mix of paid and free because I believe in the old adage that you get what you pay for. I'd like to see PD or anyone else invest some money in chasing after new or classic cars the fanbase has been asking for for years and securing some new licenses and putting some good content into the game. VGT's are fine to me only because they are free, but I'd rather have the option to pay for cars from this list in addition to or instead of VGTs any day:
upload_2015-2-12_16-1-17.png

I certainly hope not. I want all the new content I can get my hands on. Nothing would be worse in this day and age than getting a game and having it for 2 or 3 years and not getting any new content.
You misunderstood. OP meant day one DLC.

The fact that he talks about all kinds of DLC in the OP would seem to indicate otherwise.
I think you should read it just one more time. He says he wouldn't mind paying for DLC unless it's released day one or shortly after.

I think you should read it just one more time. He says he wouldn't mind paying for DLC unless it's released day one or shortly after.
He talks about all kinds of DLC in the first post. Day one, post release, free, paid etc. Clearly he's talking about all DLC. Not everyone knows what the DLC Parade is, it should be better defined.

He talks about all kinds of DLC in the first post. Day one, post release, free, paid etc. Clearly he's talking about all DLC. Not everyone knows what the DLC Parade is, it should be better defined.

Does "DLC by Update" (the method GT6 currently uses; see VGTs, Andretti Hudson, C7 Stingray Concept, M4 M Pace Car, FT-1, TS030, etc) count? :confused:

Does "DLC by Update" (the method GT6 currently uses; see VGTs, Andretti Hudson, C7 Stingray Concept, M4 M Pace Car, FT-1, TS030, etc) count? :confused:
DLC is anything you can download, paid or free, after release. So of course they are all DLC.

He talks about DLC in general, sure, but it's not very hard to see that what he's against is day one DLC. Therefore, without having the brain of Einstein, one can guess that 'DLC Parade' = developers releasing DLC day one.

He talks about DLC in general, sure, but it's not very hard to see that what he's against is day one DLC. Therefore, without having the brain of Einstein, one can guess that 'DLC Parade' = developers releasing DLC day one.
Fairly certain that even Albert himself would think that a DLC parade is actually the opposite of Day 1 DLC, but that's just me. :lol:

I sure hope so. Nothing worse than day one DLC. I wouldn't mind paying for premium car packs/tracks as long as it wasn't cut out released day one or shortly after. Driveclub does DLC exceptionally well. Free tracks each month up to this one (February is the last month for new tracks) a few free cars every month and then ~$5 for an event package that has 10-15 new events to work your way through. Basically everything you actually want is free and the events are great but not needed to actually enjoy everything the game has to offer. PD should take note
I dont remember PD ever using day one DLC, atleast not things that are exclusive, so I doubt that they'd start now. I do, however agree with your take on day one DLC, always thought that was a bit of a drag. However, I do not agree with that DC dlc what so ever. Paying for extra races, but getting free cars, that all seems a bit assbackwards to be honest. If anything should be free, it should be those events.

Agreed. It's fascinating Forza Motorsport still has a fan base the way Turn 10 does DLC. I even think they, and correct me if I'm wrong, released DLC packs for Forza 5 containing cars that were DLC for Forza 4 already, on the previous gen console(!) lol.
Yes, they did. How you expect everything to be ported over to a new generation of consoles,on the strict scheduling they had is beyond me.
I certainly hope not. I want all the new content I can get my hands on. Nothing would be worse in this day and age than getting a game and having it for 2 or 3 years and not getting any new content. I'd rather have a mix of paid and free because I believe in the old adage that you get what you pay for. I'd like to see PD or anyone else invest some money in chasing after new or classic cars the fanbase has been asking for for years and securing some new licenses and putting some good content into the game. VGT's are fine to me only because they are free, but I'd rather have the option to pay for cars from this list in addition to or instead of VGTs any day:
I happen to be with this as well. Pick and choose what paid DLC you want, you dont have to buy it all. By showing your support, you'll get free goodies every once in a while. Thats the way I like it.

Yeah, he only talks about that in his very first sentence, and goes on to talk about how DC's DLC spread is something he prefers. Reading anything after the first sentence should indicate that he's not only talking about Day One DLC, but DLC in general.

Think it's almost too late if they do manage to do that then that would be a +1 from me personally.

Generally, I'm not big on DLC, thanks to the fact that far too many publishers abused it during the last generation and pretty much continue doing so to this day. That's DLC done bad - which includes Day-One, on-disc ''DLC'' as well pre-order DLC (or bonuses as they're so elegantly called). However, DLC that is worthwhile content and adds value to the game post-launch, is good and something I happily would spend my money on (as proved by G:AS).

As Johnny hinted, one doesn't have to go further than the Suggestion forum to realize that PD is sitting on a gold mine.

Fairly certain that even Albert himself would think that a DLC parade is actually the opposite of Day 1 DLC, but that's just me. :lol:
When the thread title is "Will GT7 stay away from the DLC parade?" and the first post starts with "I sure hope so. Nothing worse than day one DLC." Is it that hard to see the possibility of DLC parade meaning developers, such as Turn 10, releasing day one DLC?
Yes, they did. How you expect everything to be ported over to a new generation of consoles,on the strict scheduling they had is beyond me.
Except the cars released in DLC on both consoles looks exactly the same. Look at the 1966 Chevrolet Nova and tell me you can see a difference between the two versions.

Also, nowhere in the OP can I see a claim that PD has used day one DLC. Other developers do release day one DLC these days though, which would be my guess to why this thread was posted. I don't think this is a thread about what PD have done, but what they will do.

Last edited:
When the thread title is "Will GT7 stay away from the DLC parade?" and the first post starts with "I sure hope so. Nothing worse than day one DLC." Is it that hard to see the possibility of DLC parade meaning developers, such as Turn 10, releasing day one DLC?
so everything we read, we should only really remember the first sentence of a paragraph? That's just nonsense.

Except the cars released in DLC on both consoles looks exactly the same. Look at the 1966 Chevrolet Nova and tell me you can see a difference between the two versions.
what you're not realizing is that bringing it from one console to the next probably isn't as simple as a copy and paste job. They still have to put it together on new hardware as well as having it used with new physics.

Still, I'm no genius in that area, and it would be off topic if I keep continuing down that path.

Also, nowhere in the OP I can see a claim that PD has used day one DLC. Other developers do release day one DLC these days though, which would be my guess to why this thread was posted. I don't think this is a thread about PD have done, but what they will do.
i really don't know where your getting at with this last statement.

so everything we read, we should only really remember the first sentence of a paragraph? That's just nonsense.
Did I say that? No, I didnt. What I'm trying to say however, is that some of you guys clearly don't know what the thread starter meant with 'DLC parade' but I think I do, and I have been trying to explain what I think he meant, but now I give up.
what you're not realizing is that bringing it from one console to the next probably isn't as simple as a copy and paste job. They still have to put it together on new hardware as well as having it used with new physics.

Still, I'm no genius in that area, and it would be off topic if I keep continuing down that path.
What you're not realizing is that for an experienced game designer, it's probably easier than you think. At least it should not take 3 months.
i really don't know where your getting at with this last statement.
You don't understand? Why am I not surprised?

What you're not realizing is that for an experienced game designer, it's probably easier than you think. At least it should not take 3 months.
What's the holdup for GT7 then given that Kaz has already said that the premium cars are next gen ready?

Did I say that? No, I didnt. What I'm trying to say however, is that some of you guys clearly don't know what the thread starter meant with 'DLC parade' but I think I do, and I have been trying to explain what I think he meant, but now I give up.
:lol: give me a break. You don't know either but your telling me I don't know. Just stop, please.

oh is that a fact? You should look up how long it takes PD.

You don't understand? Why am I not surprised?
Oh no I understood, the thin is it was just pointless to say.

I Think GT7 should have DLCs, but DLCs with new content, cars and tracks that wasn't in previous games, many game companies abuses DLCs alot, look at Forza Motorsport 5, it's nothing more than Forza 4 with fancy graphics and less cars, many cars that was included in previous games is being added in the game as paid DLC, this is an example of DLC abuse.

Even if the cars are good enough for the PS4, the tracks might not all be. Maybe they're spending a lot of time replacing a large quantity of standards with their premium equivalents, who knows right? They might also be spending a lot of time making that new sound engine sound good on the majority of the cars. That sounds like a huge job to me.

........Some of the day-one DLCs are justified - remember people don't print game blu-ray discs a day before launch, but several weeks prior to that. Game design could change, they might discover a bug, SOMETHING not foreseen can happen and devs have to release a day-one DLC (aka patch) to solve the issue. Not saying every one of these day-one DLCs are legit, of course.
Anyways, DLCs are here to stay - paid-for or free. It's not here for our benefit, but for the publishers who wants to milk the game as long as they can. PDI has made an exception so far, as some of their DLCs could easily have been a paid-for DLC. So I'm happy with that.

........Some of the day-one DLCs are justified - remember people don't print game blu-ray discs a day before launch, but several weeks prior to that. Game design could change, they might discover a bug, SOMETHING not foreseen can happen and devs have to release a day-one DLC (aka patch) to solve the issue. Not saying every one of these day-one DLCs are legit, of course.
Anyways, DLCs are here to stay - paid-for or free. It's not here for our benefit, but for the publishers who wants to milk the game as long as they can. PDI has made an exception so far, as some of their DLCs could easily have been a paid-for DLC. So I'm happy with that.
A day one patch is completely different then a Day One DLC. To think DLC and expansions are not here for our benefit is a bit odd. You are right though, there are some that fit that, Kind of like PD releasing a purchasable paint pack DLC as well as T10's pre-order exclusives( although, technically, you aren't paying for those.)

Still, if you're going to put down content add on's, saying its all just for milking purposes, then the same could be said about base games as well. "They aren't here for our benefit, but they're only here to milk us."

oh is that a fact? You should look up how long it takes PD.
PD is the last example you should use to prove your point about the Forza 5 car controversy. They managed to whip up 800 ported assets spanning a decade previously in what seems like 6 months with only a handful of glitches (none of which were widely known of), and Turn 10 couldn't even find the time to port the DLC assets that were created after work on Forza 5 had likely already started (and in a couple more infamous examples, after they had already announced Forza 5)? What about when they did the exact same thing a year earlier for Horizon vis a vis FM4?

PD certainly has had a problem justifying what you're spending your money on for DLC (higher prices than the competition, some of the cars being released before they were finished, releasing near duplicates of cars already in the game) and the cars from the special GT5 editions were pretty much Day One DLC in all but name; but Turn 10 doesn't get a pass over the issue when best benefit of the doubt you can give them is that they have a complete lack of foresight.

PD is the last example you should use to prove your point about the Forza 5 car controversy. They managed to whip up 800 ported assets spanning a decade previously in what seems like 6 months with only a handful of glitches (none of which were widely known of), and Turn 10 couldn't even find the time to port the DLC assets that were created after work on Forza 5 had likely already started (and in a couple more infamous examples, after they had already announced Forza 5)

PD certainly has had a problem justifying what you're spending your money on for DLC (higher prices than the competition, some of the cars being released before they were finished, releasing near duplicates of cars already in the game) and the cars from the special GT5 editions were pretty much Day One DLC in all but name; but Turn 10 doesn't get a pass when at best you could say they have a complete lack of foresight.
Yeah, I could have put together a better defense. I just find it odd that some of the things said about T10, PD arent far behind, yet some people just choose to ignore it. Without much knowledge about it, would I be able to assume that anything ported to the PS3 from its past generations would have been an easier traveled road, considering the difference in detail from a standard to a premium? Or would the 360 to the One transition be exactly the same as that PS2 to PS3, even with the difference in detail? It's an honest question, I'm not exactly sure how porting works.

The specifications of the hardware matter less than the game engine itself. Custom art assets and mods for the PC versions of GTA games could and would be hacked into the PS2 versions if you had a hacked PS2. To say nothing of all of the Android games that are made up of swiped assets from other games. The 360 was essentially a really nice PowerMac G5, so even porting actual code to and from x86 hardware shouldn't have been too much issue. The main stumbling point could come down to Forza Vista, because aside from LoD glitches the main regression GT5 had was all Standard cars became fully static models. The animated details like mudflaps and wipers were lost, and probably incompatible.

But, again, that's the difference between assets made before the Forza series was even a thing vs.
assets made while they were actively working on the latest game.

Back