Will GT7 stay away from the DLC parade?

• Thread starter Jaimz
  • 65 comments
c'mon people, they are delivering unfinished games and you are thinking about payed DLC?

I don't mind to pay if the content is good and is something worthy, the Porsche DLC for Forza 4 was the most expensive from that game but was really cool, on the other hand Turn 10 released monthly DLCs and most of them weren't appealing to me at all... Anyway all of the cars delivered looked and sounded good.

DLC does not necessarily mean that the game is unfinished, let alone if it is paid. If it is in an unfinished state, the DLC would generally be free if it is to be released upon the game's release date.
I have heard Kaz boast about how much 'easier' it is to code for the PS4, but that statement has yet to be tested regarding the discrepancy between the graphical fidelity of the cars in GT6, and PD's previous statement on standard cars appearing in GT7. What I am trying to say is that I hope for quality over quantity this time around, and not that the apparent ease of use of the PS4's architecture is exploited for their monetary gain.

You know it's possible to think about both 💡
of course it is and also think about GT8 even when 7 isn't out yet.

I was thinking more on the fact that delivering an incomplete game and then spend time preparing DLC it's more what EA would do, not PD

Gran Turismo 7 doesn't even launched and you guys are already talking about DLC? I mean, c'mon!

I hope for basically what Johnny said, for PD to do a combination of free & payable dlc. Which leads me to another thing, I hope for PD to finally break out of their subborn shell and actually go outsource to other companies for crying out loud. That way, they can have more cars modeled.

of course it is and also think about GT8 even when 7 isn't out yet.

I was thinking more on the fact that delivering an incomplete game and then spend time preparing DLC it's more what EA would do, not PD
Well, pd have been releasing content while areas still need fixing.

I really don't see the problem with someone releasing certain types of DLC while a game also needs some patches in the core of the game. Do you think a 3D modeller can fix a problem in the game's engine? While the coders deal with that problem, what's wrong with some of the 3D modellers working on new cars or characters or monsters, or the world designers designing new levels/tracks/dungeons? If these guys finish their work before the coders are done with the technical issues, why should you not release them right away?

If they do DLC, they'll be bitched at for creating half a game and shipping it. If they don't, they'll be bitched at for being lazy. So, as always, they're in a no-win situation.

I really don't see the problem with someone releasing certain types of DLC while a game also needs some patches in the core of the game. Do you think a 3D modeller can fix a problem in the game's engine? While the coders deal with that problem, what's wrong with some of the 3D modellers working on new cars or characters or monsters, or the world designers designing new levels/tracks/dungeons? If these guys finish their work before the coders are done with the technical issues, why should you not release them right away?
Nothing is being done about the issues.

I dont think PD has a choice but to continue offering DLC. Hopefully PS4/GT7 WILL make updating easier for PD. This way, when 2017 cars arrive, we can get DLC as bigger packs rather than dribs and drags.

Look at the M4. We got the car. Then we saw the Pace Car. The car was updated in a short time with new parts. Maybe DLC will offer car updates even if the design stays the same for a few years(GT Auto including updated new model wheels, model year bumpers, etc.)

Nothing is being done about the issues.
That's a strange thing to say, considering I did not mention any games by name :P. It was a general statement about DLC in general.

A development team has a pretty diverse set of people with different skillsets. Throwing every person on one problem isn't going to fix anything faster.

That's a strange thing to say, considering I did not mention any games by name :P. It was a general statement about DLC in general.

A development team has a pretty diverse set of people with different skillsets. Throwing every person on one problem isn't going to fix anything faster.
In general I do agree that developers should release dlc while sorting out issues

Personally I could deal with a no DLC world. Then again it depends on the game like Burnout Paradise was a game I remember DLC done right. Game was finished I had no qualms about it what so ever. When they released it felt like hey more to a game I really liked.

What I hope doesn't happen is Assassin's Creed that game single-handily made me hate DLC forever those two missing chapters which at the time was pissed they were even missing, and then some year later when I had nothing better to do purchased them only to find out they were completely useless yeahhhh no fun.

@TeamCZRRacing

There is a situation they can win just release a full game stop promising s*** you probably won't deliver.

I am glad they aren't releasing DLC(separate) and charging for them though I'll give them that, but they had no choice it's been a year and some days now where is the B-spec/Track Creator?

If you look at the very basics of DLC, it's really no different from expansion packs in the 1990s, except delivered over the internet and in smaller increments. There exists DLC that is meaty enough to almost pass for a proper expansion pack, although they are rare.

Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with the dlc packs with Forza does other than including cars from older games.

I think GT should do something similar with dlc cars actually. First though, outsource in order to increase the model productivity, then do this:
7 cars per month:
- 2 cars being premiumized standards.
- 5 cars being new to the game.

If they do DLC, they'll be bitched at for creating half a game and shipping it. If they don't, they'll be bitched at for being lazy. So, as always, they're in a no-win situation.
You're dramatically overestimating the impact of a handful of negative nellies on an internet forum.

Why would we want DLC like Forzas? The way they do it is awful...
You mean all the tracks being free, some of the car packs being free, and the rest paid? Yeah, that's awful, how dare they charge for continuing to add 100
real cars to the game after it launches:mad::mad: I'd much rather have a handful of free fantasy cars.

/sarcasm

Ok, awful is a strong choice of words. I am just not a fan of T10s policy of releasing cars that were in the series before as paid DLC. That's certainly not something I want PD to replicate.
They aren't doing that so much now. Have you seen the last years worth of dlc they've been releasing for both fm5 and fh2?

I just really hope that PD doesn't charge for older cars.

Too late...

CP03_XJR-9.jpg

I have no problem with them doing it though as long as it's actually a re-done model (paint chips on the other hand, are inexcusable). This goes for both games as well as even some of the models in F4 were rather low quality.

Having said that, both games are guilty of my biggest reason for disliking DLC and that is the lack of utilization in the game. I see no reason why they can't add a new career event or two every time they release some DLC cars or tracks. For instance, if a DLC pack contained a GT3 car I see no reason why they couldn't add a GT3 championship. This is something I've only seen done in a couple games (Shift 2 and GAS) and it has made pulling the trigger on DLC a rather easy choice to make.

I also have no problem with monthly DLC as you at least know when you are getting it.;)

Too late...

CP03_XJR-9.jpg

I have no problem with them doing it though as long as it's actually a re-done model (paint chips on the other hand, are inexcusable). This goes for both games as well as even some of the models in F4 were rather low quality.

Having said that, both games are guilty of my biggest reason for disliking DLC and that is the lack of utilization in the game. I see no reason why they can't add a new career event or two every time they release some DLC cars or tracks. For instance, if a DLC pack contained a GT3 car I see no reason why they couldn't add a GT3 championship. This is something I've only seen done in a couple games (Shift 2 and GAS) and it has made pulling the trigger on DLC a rather easy choice to make.

I also have no problem with monthly DLC as you at least know when you are getting it.;)
Well tbh I would rather them not charge for previously seen content

Back