Will GT7 stay away from the DLC parade?

• Thread starter Jaimz
  • 65 comments
Too late...

CP03_XJR-9.jpg

I have no problem with them doing it though as long as it's actually a re-done model (paint chips on the other hand, are inexcusable). This goes for both games as well as even some of the models in F4 were rather low quality.

Having said that, both games are guilty of my biggest reason for disliking DLC and that is the lack of utilization in the game. I see no reason why they can't add a new career event or two every time they release some DLC cars or tracks. For instance, if a DLC pack contained a GT3 car I see no reason why they couldn't add a GT3 championship. This is something I've only seen done in a couple games (Shift 2 and GAS) and it has made pulling the trigger on DLC a rather easy choice to make.

I also have no problem with monthly DLC as you at least know when you are getting it.;)

Ugh, don't remind me. That's the reason I say I don't want PD to follow T10 in charging for old cars, they have 800 old cars they could remodel and ask us to pay for.

I agree that when they add content they should implement it into the game better. It would do a lot to add value to the DLC without needed to actually have more content.

So you felt strongly enough to disparage T10 over it, but not strong enough to investigate if they were actually doing it? Curious.

You should reread the post I was replying to, he said recently. Since I haven't recently been keeping track of the Forza DLC I said so. I don't know how that wasn't obvious.

Are you implying you actually want to pay for DLC?

I'd like to pay for good DLC for a solid game.

I have no problem paying for extra content that I feel I enjoy in a game that I already feel like I have gotten more than my money's worth of entertainment out of. That's how good DLC is done, provide good value up front on the retail disc, and then offer your customers the opportunity to give you more money for something else of value.

Ignoring the fact that Shift 2 was an awful abortion of a game, it had one of the best DLC packs I've ever seen in a racing game.

Ten bucks for that.

Seriously, tell me that if those cars and tracks (and there was events too!) were in a GT6 DLC pack you wouldn't be flinging money at your TV.

I would scream if PD announced a dlc pack like that and gladly give them 10 dollars for it. 5 tracks and 13 cars; that's totally worth the money!

I highly doubt PD wouldn't go with a monthly DLC cycle. However, given their track record with release dates, it's likely that there'll be people complaining 'Where's my car pack for this month?' Eventually it will end up being free because it arrived 2 months after the slated release date.

I hope PD don't do something stupid like a DLC "locked per account" again, like they once did.

- Anyone remember that?

Back