Will GTM PSP Play well???

• Thread starter Shimist
  • 21 comments
Unless the new psp has pressure sensitive buttons (like the PS2 PS3) it will play like 🤬. All or nothing doesn't work in a driving game!!

Sorry to put a downer on it

Last edited by a moderator:
All or nothing worked JUST fine in my GT1/GT2 days. I played GT2 to death until GT3 came out and I had no issues with it. Learn how to feather those buttons. :)

Racing games have worked and worked well on PSP for years now including GT2 :). Obviously it wont be perfect but Race Driver pulled it off twice.

Unless the new psp has pressure sensitive buttons (like the PS2 PS3) it will play like 🤬. All or nothing doesn't work in a driving game!!

Sorry to put a downer on it
1. maybe on PSP go you can use the PS3's controller since it has bluetooth

2. X + Square + left + right is more than enough to enjoy GT, there is really no need for pressure sensitivity unless you're using a wheel, there really isn't. I'm sure PD have optimised it for the PSP as well.

If I've learned anything in life, it's to never doubt Polyphony Digital... unless you go on a date with... polyphony digital, since it'll probably be late..

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn5rBftQ1b0

The guy seems to be in NFS mode by applying the hand brake every time he tries to turn, what an idiot. XD

Last edited:
Didn't the PS1 not have sensitive buttons as well? When I played GT2 on my pc I actually didn't had any problems to drive without sensitive buttons

I've had another look at the GT-PSP video and when the first showing of the console swings around to show the back you can see one of the shoulder buttons and it looks like it's got more than enough travel to have an analogue response.

All or nothing worked JUST fine in my GT1/GT2 days. I played GT2 to death until GT3 came out and I had no issues with it. Learn how to feather those buttons. :)

I also played GT1 and GT2 with no problems... I'm sure my feathering skills will come back. 👍

Regarding gt mobile controls I only see problems with button spacing on the go. they look awefuly tight! :ill: I also fear hitting the PS home button with my fat, fat hands. My only problem with GT2 was hand cramps so I think I'll stick with the psp3000.

I wasn't saying it would play badly!
and there was nothing wrong with GT1 and GT2 but this is 2009 and i think the tech is small enough to be Implemented in the PSP Go!
I just think it would have made it as good as it could be!!

This is very interesting.. I wonder if GT:M / PSPGO would recognize the touch sensitive controls from the ds3.

I bet someone out there is going to figure out a way to integrate DFP or G25. :dunce:

This is too funny and absolutely pointless.
Gonna sit in your massive racing rig and play GT mobile on a 4 inch screen?
That's just stupid.

Back on topic:

The freaking shoulder buttons are pressure sensitive, you can tell just by looking at them.

So set your config up like:

R(1?) = Accelerate
L(1?) = Brake
Square = shift up
X = Shift down
circle = handbrake
triangle = reverse
select = change view

What more do you really need?

This is very interesting.. I wonder if GT:M / PSPGO would recognize the touch sensitive controls from the ds3.

I bet someone out there is going to figure out a way to integrate DFP or G25. :dunce:

Steering_Wheel_Brick_Game.jpg

the new psp go g25:)

http://home.myhughesnet.com/games_channel/preview_read.php?games_rip_id=990283
As far as how it actually plays, Polyphony Digital has done a great job of translating the controls to the PSP. As you don't have analog input over your gas and brakes, I was a bit worried as to how subtle controls would work, but I found that I actually forgot about that bit when I hopped behind the wheel of a Nissan GT-R. Whether it's because I was over-worrying or Polyphony just did a fantastic job of preventing wheel spin and locking brakes the result is the same - it drives great. A little more arcadey (if only slightly) than the console games as you don't have the same level of input perhaps, but still great.

don't worry, driving will be fine :)

I dont really think its fine to play GTM without analog buttons, because GT1/2 are very different from GT3/4/5/M. Play with PS3 controller? I'd rather to play GT5/5P if I'm able to play GTM with a PS3 controller..

This is too funny and absolutely pointless.
Gonna sit in your massive racing rig and play GT mobile on a 4 inch screen?
That's just stupid.

Yup Im going to sit on the bus with a G25 and car battery!

But seriously Sixaxis support sounds great because that you really could use out and about. Just prop the PSP up somewhere.

I'm sure i heard that Sony are at least thinking of DS3 support, i mean, it'd be rather easy to do as well, since the PSP Go already has built in bluetooth for the controller to pair up to, and the controller on its own has more battery life than a PSP :P

Back