Will It be the best

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDM-GT5
  • 62 comments
  • 4,131 views
Messages
156
Messages
JDM-CD6-ACCORD
My question to you guys is.

Will it be the best game ever sold, will it outsell black ops, will it outsell mario kart. Will it become the best selling game/franchise in the world.


I sure think so do you?
 
It's not multi platform so it will never be the best selling game ever but just for PS3 I'd say the Cod titles will easily outsell it.
 
Off course not, there aren t that many petrolheads compared to trigger-happy-teens.
 
I think it may just outsell CoD. Slim chance,but it might. I doubt it would outsell Mariokart, and I'm sure it won't become the best selling franchise (several other franchises,like Mario, have too large a head-start). I'm fairly surely it will be the best selling GT though.
 
My question to you is... why does it matter? As long as it sells well and we get another one, that's all that matters in my opinion ;)
 
My question to you guys is.

Will it be the best game ever sold, will it outsell black ops, will it outsell mario kart. Will it become the best selling game/franchise in the world.


I sure think so do you?

Outsell Mario Kart? Sure. If everybody with a PS3 buys two copies. :lol:
 
I don't think it'll outsell either, simulation racing is more of a niche market than the other games. They're aimed at mass audiences.
 
GT5P sold 5 million so GT5 will sell more than 5 million copies. But GT5 has more content, features than any other game and the gfx are photo-realistic :cool:
 
I doubt it will outsell blackops. Mainly because of what a previous poster said: So many trigger-happy teens and whatnot.
 
The pre-orders went up by 1,300% in 24 hours so it will sell very well
 
GT5 doesn't need to sell more then Black Ops in order to be good. No game can possibly be expected to sell that well, it is just completely unheard of. GT5 will sell at least 5 million copies and honestly that is good enough. That would make it a huge success. Hell, over 2 million would make it a huge success. A console exclusive selling over a million copies is not as common as people think. It took forever for games like Uncharted 2 to sell a million copies.
 
It will be the best selling PS3 game, i think. :D
 
Yeah no one in their right mind would base a game's quality purely on sales. Farmville has more players than any other game in the world, just because it's on Facebook... and it's terrible.
 
Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, I really doubt GT5 outselling Black Ops, even just on PS3. Gran Turismo's more of a mature, simulation type game, and doesn't appeal nearly as much to the teenage kids whose wishlists largely determine Christmas sales.
 
Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, I really doubt GT5 outselling Black Ops, even just on PS3. Gran Turismo's more of a mature, simulation type game, and doesn't appeal nearly as much to the teenage kids whose wishlists largely determine Christmas sales.

I don't know about that. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue sold over 4.5 million copies. They couldn't have been all mature car enthusiasts. Hell, when I was in high school I played the crap out of Gran Turismo 3 and I was one of those kids who played every first person shooter I could get my hands on. People of all ages love cars, and I think that appeal will still attract all ages groups to the game.
 
It won't sell as many units. But it'll be the best in quality,.
 
I hope not...... jee then we will have GT6like Black Ops is.... like really really bad.
 
GT5P sold 5 million so GT5 will sell more than 5 million copies. But GT5 has more content, features than any other game and the gfx are photo-realistic :cool:

so somewhere around 6-8?

ofc some people who arent "hooked" on cars might buy it but its gonna depend on reviews ect.

ill buy it. thats 1.

so far so good?
 
It's not going to out sell a CoD game, those are a completely different market. They're on multiple systems, almost everybody likes them, and they're EASY to play. That combination makes it a best seller by far.

GT5 will do very well, and turn a huge profit, but not CoD levels of sales.
 
It's not going to out sell a CoD game, those are a completely different market. They're on multiple systems, almost everybody likes them, and they're EASY to play. That combination makes it a best seller by far.

GT5 will do very well, and turn a huge profit, but not CoD levels of sales.

I agree, I don't think it will ever outsell COD, or other games that were highly anticipated like Grand Theft Auto.
 
Last CoD game sold 20 million units in under a year, so I wouldn't bet on it.
 
Last CoD game sold 20 million units in under a year, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Now see, if GT5 was on the 360 and PC, I think it could actually hit those numbers. It already hits 10-11m a game just on the PS1/2 alone.
 
I don't see how people aren't tired of Call of Duty games by now. They haven't really evolved at all over time and come across as bland first-person shooters to me. I've been a fan of the fps genre ever since Goldeneye on N64, but the Call of Duty franchise is just a cash cow for Activision and their aim is not innovation. It's the same tired formula being released year after year. Short campaign with cheap thrills multiplayer. People will keep buying it though because it has that Call of Duty name stamped on it. It's much the same for Gran Turismo in that people will buy it because of the name. At least Kazunori Yamauchi is passionate about the games he creates and it doesn't seem like he's just in it for the paycheck. It's not hard to see that Call of Duty games are severely lacking in real passion.
 
I don't see how people aren't tired of Call of Duty games by now. They haven't really evolved at all over time and come across as bland first-person shooters to me. I've been a fan of the fps genre ever since Goldeneye on N64, but the Call of Duty franchise is just a cash cow for Activision and their aim is not innovation. It's the same tired formula being released year after year. Short campaign with cheap thrills multiplayer. People will keep buying it though because it has that Call of Duty name stamped on it. It's much the same for Gran Turismo in that people will buy it because of the name. At least Kazunori Yamauchi is passionate about the games he creates and it doesn't seem like he's just in it for the paycheck. It's not hard to see that Call of Duty games are severely lacking in real passion.

I keep saying this kind of thing but it falls on deaf ears. I will admit that CoD has made a good formula with it's game, but using it so many times in a row is just boring. If you release a game every year, the fans don't have enough time to miss it. I prefer more staggered releases because it's an amazing feeling to once again be playing a game that you actually waited for rather than one that gets shoved out every 12 months.
 
I think this GT will sell a lot. due to the addition of nascar and wrc, it will draw to a larger crowd as to before was more of a hardcore sim racer.
 
cod apeals to the masses, casual gamers love it, GT is for real gamers, and car lovers.
 
I dont think it will outsell COD, but it will definitely be a top selling game for the ps3
 
There is no such thing as a real gamer. Don't post stupid stuff.

Eh, a few years ago I'd have agreed with you, but there's definitely a line being drawn. Perhaps "real" isn't the best term as it's a bit patronizing, and so is "hardcore" in a way, but there's a difference between the casual gamer who plays party games on the Wii and browser games on Facebook and those who have been into console gaming for a number of years. I'd say there is such a thing as a real gamer, it's just that we're lacking a better word for it.
 
Back