Will It be the best

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDM-GT5
  • 62 comments
  • 4,131 views
If you're going to be the best selling franchise ever you have to either shoot people or have a funny man in a red hat somehow involved. Gran Turismo lacks both. It'll sell a lot but fall well, well short.

There is no such thing as a real gamer. Don't post stupid stuff.

Yes there is. But apparently everyone who disagrees with you has a stupid opinion, right?
 
Maybe. When looking at the picture of Amazon's stats it looks like it actually could be the best selling game.
 
Will it be the Best ask me again after its actually been released
 
The best PS3 game ever made maybe ,
 
No way GT5 will out-sell Black Ops, it sold over 5 million the first day in UK and USA alone.
That said, who cares ?
It will sell well enough that there's gonna be a sixth part, thats all that matters.
 
I'm just wondering if I 'need' a pre-order to get it on the 24th. I mean I live in a major suburb of Toronto so I don't think supply will be lacking.
 
When purely looking at the PS3 and leaving other platforms aside, it might get a close call with Call of Duty Blackops.
 
Yes there is. But apparently everyone who disagrees with you has a stupid opinion, right?

Okay go ahead and explain what it is. I can't wait to laugh at your stupid opinion.

Eh, a few years ago I'd have agreed with you, but there's definitely a line being drawn. Perhaps "real" isn't the best term as it's a bit patronizing, and so is "hardcore" in a way, but there's a difference between the casual gamer who plays party games on the Wii and browser games on Facebook and those who have been into console gaming for a number of years. I'd say there is such a thing as a real gamer, it's just that we're lacking a better word for it.

Kaz has said straight up that GT5 will appeal to the casual crowd. But I get what you mean here and agree.

If you want to know what a "real" gamer is then its defined by the game industry itself and I guarantee they consider it to be the casual crowd, the ones that play Farmville and Call of Duty. As much as people here don't want to admit, they are the ones that are making the game industry billions of dollars each year.
 
Last edited:
Will it be the best game ever sold

No. That's Sensible World of Soccer.

will it outsell black ops

No. CoDBO sold more in its first week than Prologue has in total. MW2 - which CoDBO outsold in week 1 by nearly 1m copies - has sold more in total than GT1 and GT4 put together.

will it outsell mario kart

Not a chance.

Will it become the best selling game/franchise in the world.

No. GT is on 56m, which places it 14th. If GT5 sells as many as GT3, the best selling game in the series, it'll only go up to 10th. To go top, GT5 needs to sell as many copies as the whole rest of the franchise put together. And again. And again. And then as many as GT1 and GT4 put together again.

It's not even close.
 
The OP isn't worded too well...

"Will it be the best game ever sold?" That's one question.
"Will it be the best selling game?" That's another.

No to both.
 
The pre-orders went up by 1,300% in 24 hours so it will sell very well

when you go from selling nothing to 3 items under that title it's possible. no it won't out sale BO but who really cares, is it really that big a deal?

real gamer that's funny, I'm pretty sure I'm real and play some games. There you go I'm a real gamer and so is every other Carbon Unit (Human) that picks up a control and plays on a PC.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it will because of word of mouth. Once we have it and tell our friends how good it really is, more people will be wondering for themselves. We know it's probably going to be the most beautiful looking game to date, others will follow. I give it a 75% chance, that it will.
 
I think it depends on the support it receives from PD and for how long it receives that support through free downloadable content. If all that is good, it could sell well for a longer time than say Cod...
 
No. That's Sensible World of Soccer.

Hey now. GT5 > soccer.

Soccer is silly. The score is 0 to 0, players run for 50 miles swarming like ants to get the ball, and a European is covering his face and crying on the floor like a bone is sticking out because the t-shirt of another player brushed about his elbow.
 
I think it depends on the support it receives from PD and for how long it receives that support through free downloadable content. If all that is good, it could sell well for a longer time than say Cod...

I hope the downloadable content is used & new cars. It'd be nice to see a online store.
 
It won't be in my eyes, it will sell 9 million units though, 10 life-time is possibly depending how long GT5 is relevant. I believe GT6 will be out in 2-3 years as the PS3 cycle comes to a close, and that will reach 11-13 million units as the PS3 will be 90-100 million sold due to the $200 price tag.
 
Hey now. GT5 > soccer.

Soccer is silly. The score is 0 to 0, players run for 50 miles swarming like ants to get the ball, and a European is covering his face and crying on the floor like a bone is sticking out because the t-shirt of another player brushed about his elbow.

And in car racing 99% of the field don't get anything after up to a day and over a thousand miles, and they're all making excuses anyway.

None of which has anything to do with the games.


Incidentally, GT5 won't push GT to become the best selling games franchise ever unless everyone with a PS3 buys four copies. The biggest sales record GT5 can hope to beat is "the best selling GT game".
 
It's a game of its own class, much like comparing normal daily driven cars to a supercar.
 
Having just finished Black Ops prior to posting this, I believe GT5 still has a small way to go to beating black ops sales.

Racing is great and fantastic for us petrol heads, but black ops offered much more than just shooting for trigger happy teens. The storyline and immersion is something which you cannot get from a racing game.

Not only that, the multiplayer aspect of BO is just too enriching and multilayered to compare to a racing game. The endless hours people will put in just to gain points to expand their weapon cache, cannot be compared to racing online.

Unless everyone starts doing the 24h Nur online, time spent will be a different issue then :sly:
 
Hey now. GT5 > soccer.

Soccer is silly. The score is 0 to 0, players run for 50 miles swarming like ants to get the ball, and a European is covering his face and crying on the floor like a bone is sticking out because the t-shirt of another player brushed about his elbow.

That is pretty ignorant. I know how you feel, but you have to admit, car racing seems dull and silly to the ignorant soccer players, and they do have a good argument from an idiots point of view. If they even get a whiff of nascar, your argument is doomed.

Edit: stupid trigger happy teenagers
 
Hey now. GT5 > soccer.

Soccer is silly. The score is 0 to 0, players run for 50 miles swarming like ants to get the ball, and a European is covering his face and crying on the floor like a bone is sticking out because the t-shirt of another player brushed about his elbow.
from someone who loves both, you are being ignorant. how can the most popular sport in the history of the world be silly.

either way, GT should be, but wont be the best selling game ever. I don't mind though. As someone said before, as long as they keep making them, we will all be happy.
 
Soccer is silly. The score is 0 to 0, players run for 50 miles swarming like ants to get the ball, and a European is covering his face and crying on the floor like a bone is sticking out because the t-shirt of another player brushed about his elbow.
You know, that's actually about right. :lol:

But being a soccer/futbol fan, I can overlook the absurd political side of the game and enjoy the rest. Besides, Famine is just as right about racing.

Being purely philosophical about it, GT5 has the potential to outsell the PS3 version of Black Ops. There is much more to do in GT5 than the previous two editions of the game in which you could do much less, and looked much less amazing.

Will it be the best racing game? For me, I don't have much doubt. For millions of racing fans, a pretty darn good chance. 👍
 
One thing is for sure: It is not the best Gran Turismo... the feeling of perfection is totally lacking.

It's not complete or finished, it's just released. :(
 
will it outsell cod/gta on like for like ps3 sales.No
will it be the best gt5 to date.Time will tell, personally I don't think it will surpass gt3.
biggest franchise Not A chance I'm afraid.
 
I believe that it will become the best-selling PS3 game.

But still, in the case of sales, I don't think it will be the best. It won't outsell many other widely known games out there from the past, like, for example, The Sims, StarCraft, Half-Life, etc.
 
All my friends are addictd to COD and all they ever talk about it COD and it makes me sick tbh :yuck:

I hate COD, but I know that GT5 will not outsell it. I mean, every guy in my school has it; hell, even some of the girls do.
 
Back