Will Standard Cars be in GT7?Addressed 

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 412 comments
I think it was a mistake and a bad decision to carry ps2 assets to ps3. If they do it again, mixing ps2 and ps4 content, it would be a VERY bad choice. IMO.
I totally agree. What I'm also wondering is if they'll try and remake popular standards or just ditch them all? Or maybe they'll somehow keep them as well.. Who knows.

PD could simply not put PS2 assets in GT7 as it would make them a laughing stock. They look bad enough now but with a huge technological leap that PS4 affords it would be beyond farcical.
I totally agree. But I think it would be nice to ask PD what exactly their plans are, don't you think?

But what about the semi premiums like the R390 GT1, Calibra Touring Car, FTO, etc. , are they going to be updated in GT6, or GT7 or will go to GT7 without being updated?

Hopefully they will remake all standards and upgrade the Supra RZ to premium.
Not to veer off-topic, but I hate seeing comments like this. You do realize that remaking ALL standards would be impossible, don't you? Some of my favorite cars are standards, it's true, but since nobody here likes standards, I'll admit that their removal would be the best choice for the company. It's either that or have GT7 delayed until much, much later into the generation.

But what about the semi premiums like the R390 GT1, Calibra Touring Car, FTO, etc. , are they going to be updated in GT6, or GT7 or will go to GT7 without being updated?
This is exactly what I've been wondering.
Not to veer off-topic, but I hate seeing comments like this. You do realize that remaking ALL standards would be impossible, don't you? Some of my favorite cars are standards, it's true, but since nobody here likes standards, I'll admit that their removal would be the best choice for the company. It's either that or have GT7 delayed until much, much later into the generation.
Sadly, this is true. There's no way that they can upgrade all standards. I'm curious to see if they'll port them over, upgrade some of them, or just totally dump them.

I hope they dump the 100 RX7 and 100 skylines/350z/silvias and just keep one model and have us customize the body ourselves by changing the front and rear bumpers matching to the newer/older year models. I think that would save more space than the silly 40 identical but not different cars to choose from.

I always see this question in a positive way, if those standard cards are only carried over from ps2 and occupied PD for very short period of dev time, then why not? Consider that those numbers of premium cars are way more than that of the racing titles out there.......

XS
Yes especially because this Q/A session is meant mainly for GT6:
Not specifically limited to it though. It's a time for us to ask him our most desired questions. Some of those will undoubtedly be about GT7.

There are too many good standard cars to go to waste. While I don't expect standards to be in GTPS4, I hope we're getting the so called semi-premiums, such as the Vision GTs and such. I don't mind sacrificing interior modeling for the ability to drive more cars!

I hope that standard and premium are words that wont be related to GT7. I believe there should be only one quality and that is the best we know PD can offer. If this means cutting down on the many regional clones (the current Japanese car selection in GT6) we see and therefore lowering the car count to say 800, but of the best quality then, personally, good riddance.

Standards in a next gen console would be totaly unexceptable. If Thay are not able to make all the standards premium I would be content if thay would upgrade the interior view lke the caterham seven fire blade. I prefer a paste image with moveing steering wheel over black image.

Last edited:
One phrase: DLC....

I hope that ALL the cars get put in. And, except for the ones that no longer exist (though I'm sure they can patch in SOME kind of a picture...?) I hope that they work on upgrading them all.

One phrase: DLC....

I hope that ALL the cars get put in. And, except for the ones that no longer exist (though I'm sure they can patch in SOME kind of a picture...?) I hope that they work on upgrading them all.
Agree, and hopeing the upgrade would be for GT6 not 7. Cause standard should not even exist in GT7.

Last edited:
That is why they invest in new game, instead of thinking of the GT6 you are already asking questions of a new game GT7. what a shame: The
Sorry my english

É por isso que eles investem em jogo novo, no lugar de pensar no GT6 você já estão fazendo perguntas de um jogo novo GT7. que pena :embarrassed:

yeah im kinda getting tired of the mass number of high end race cars & cars that we know nothing about.. Love the range from the Street Tuned JDM cars.. To the Euro's & So love the street American Muscle.. Those are the real exotics in my eyes

Back