Will Standard Cars be in GT7?Addressed 

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 412 comments
While I would love for there not to be standards, I'd be quite upset if they took this out:
2013_11_29_4_52_42_zps18b7ee55.png~original

If they chose to leave one standard in without upgrading, this better be it :D
Continue the legacy!

Will standard cars (or cars without fully modded interiors) be in GT7?

Or will these cars be scrapped, with only the higher quality "premium" cars remaining?
With today's technology yes all standard cars should be in GT 7 but as "PREMIUM" all with flushed out cockpits, there should be no reason why they shouldn't be & not be taken away because of some cause & effect excuse, were talking about the next Generation state of the art console game of.....the one..... the ONLY.......Gran Turismo.

I honestly doubt Kaz will bring over standard cars to GT7 and the PS4,that would be the dumbest decisions in GT history,what we'll see is what we've seen happen to Forza5, a sizable reduction in the car list but all of those cars will be premium and I have absolutely no problem with that,PD can't even handle the amount of cars it already has.What I expect and what they should do is simply reduce the car count to about 500-600 that way they can model every car they need to properly and get there sounds right.

I think a solution which would make everyone happy would be to make the Standard cars an option in the install. That way, we can have an immense stable of cars, and the Premium purists can have their smaller but prettier lot.

I also want the legacy tracks from all past Gran Turismos. I wonder though, if Standard tracks return in GT7, how many will refuse to race on them? ;)

Optional install for single player use only would be the limit for me, and that would be purely for a few of the classics like the mini cooper that get no love.

There's no way that P.D are adding low-polygon standard cars into GT7 on the PS4. 👎

Critics will nit-pick on it and rate the game below 8/10.

Last edited:
If overall gameplay improved to where people NEEDED more of the cars that are "standard", there would be less call for their demise.

Optional install for single player use only would be the limit for me, and that would be purely for a few of the classics like the mini cooper that get no love.
I think this is silly. If you're that offended that someone races a Standard car online in your room, you have issues.

Seriously, how reasonable does it sound to say, "Any Standard cars in my room will result in a ban." I can't imagine anything more ridiculous and mean.

Yes, and that has to do with my post how? That people can be rude and mean? ;)

If standard cars go, so do I. I will literally 🤬 bricks if they are removed simply because a fraction if the community is hung up on graphics.

If you don't like them, don't use them.

If you are offended by seeing them online, a) grow up, b) ask for an OPTION to disable them from your lobby.

The drifting community would be absolutely crushed if standard are removed (especially seeing as how many of our favourite standard drift cars are available in other titles as "premiums"). You remove standards, you remove:
-AE86
-Supra
-Aristo
-Chaser
-Soarer
-180SX
-Sileighty
-S14 (Zenki & Kouki)
-Z31
-240Z
-280Z
-RWD R32
-R30 & R31
-Hakosuka & Kenmeri Skylines
-all Bluebirds
-RWD Celica
-RWD Lancer EX

I could keep going...and that's just the JDM list. Add to that all the Euro and US standard drift cars, and you have a list of cars that the staff at PD have zero chance at premiumizing in the next two decades. Also add everyone's desire to continue adding more new cars to the game, and you have a nearly impossible task.

I'm sorry, but the whole "remove standard cars movement" is extremely selfish, and is in the same mindset of "no livery editor because I don't want to see other people's paint jobs".

I definitely agree that PD has dug themselves a hole (one of several) when it comes to the standard cars due to their approach to modelling premiums...but outright removing them is not a solution at this point, IMHO.

Then maybe the OP should put in a poll....

Sorry, I went and looked at your other thread. I voted no, and I will say here, as well that the overall variety of cars (which is a major part of what makes up a GT game, for crying out loud!)would be horribly lost.

Now if they all had interiors, I can imagine that most of the gripe would go away.

The other half of that is, who responded to your poll? Anyone who doesn't care didn't open your post. Remember who your audience is and that, by its nature, that kind of thread is going to end up HEAVILY biased!

Last edited:
A fraction? Poll above is 80/20 in favour of them going.

You realize that's a fraction, right?

Even if the poll here was 100% in favour of removal, that's still a fraction of the GT community.

Let me ask you this. What do you gain by removing standard cars? How would their absence enhance your experience?

Like I said, we may be the unfortunate ones who are on the title which has standards...but check that list I made. How many of those cars can be found in other games?...with much more detail, full interiors, and full customization at that.

PD is staring down the barrel of a loaded gun, and needs to be very careful how they proceed. Never before have they had to face stiff competition on their own console.

If you want to see your dream version of GT come to fruition, you and PD are going to need all the sales help you can get. Alienating potential customers by removing content from the game is not the way to proceed at this point.

Last edited:
High-quality standard.

A) Still a standard car

B) You are aware of how the modelling process at PD works? Who at PD has the time to convert all those cars to "High quality"?

I do agree that eventually, all the cars in GT need to be converted to premium at some point. But in the current "PD approach to car modelling paradigm" we are in, with the current number of staff at PD (along with Kaz's desire to keep the team small), how the hell do you see this ever being pulled off?

I can't wrap my head around the thought process you guys have, that simply just because there is something in the game you don't like or don't use, you want it removed.

I don't use racecars...haven't touched one in over two years. I find them boring, and they don't mesh with the activities I use GT for. Do you see me petitioning to have racecars removed from the game just because I don't like them? No! Because I know that although I don't use/like them, there are lots of other people who do.

That's not what I meant. If we remove the 3-5k polygon models from the game, we automatically raise the quality bar.
Please think about that, it's abnormal that we have to differentiate between "Premium" and "Standard" models.

Let me ask you a question, how long can we/GT go on like this?

That's not what I meant. If we remove the 3-5k polygon models from the game, we automatically raise the quality bar.
Please think about that, it's abnormal that we have to differentiate between "Premium" and "Standard" models.

Let me ask you a question, how long can we/GT go on like this?

Forever?

"How long can we go on like this?" :lol: :lol: :lol: You make is seem as though we are talking about some dire humanitarian situation or something.

The standard cars aren't preventing anything from happening.

At most, they are an eyesore for those who don't like them. No one is forcing standard cars on anyone. They're an option available to those who would like to use them.

I'm drifting a '93 Nissan Silvia K's right now. How is this effecting your gaming experience, at all???

What is this "quality bar" that you speak of? Like I said, if you don't like standards, don't :censored:ing use them, this isn't rocket science for 🤬 sakes.

And did you actually read my post that your are replying to? I clearly said that I agree that all standard cars need to eventually be upgraded. But removing them outright is not the correct first step!

Edit: I don't like American cars. I think they are all pieces of crap, and I don't like looking at them. I would like to see their removal from the game, as that would instantly raise the quality bar.

...see what I did there?

Forever?

"How long can we go on like this?" :lol: :lol: :lol: You make is seem as though we are talking about some dire humanitarian situation or something.

The standard cars aren't preventing anything from happening.

At most, they are an eyesore for those who don't like them. No one is forcing standard cars on anyone. They're an option available to those who would like to use them.

I'm drifting a '93 Nissan Silvia K's right now. How is this effecting your gaming experience, at all???

What is this "quality bar" that you speak of? Like I said, if you don't like standards, don't :censored:ing use them, this isn't rocket science for 🤬 sakes.

And did you actually read my post that your are replying to? I clearly said that I agree that all standard cars need to eventually be upgraded. But removing them outright is not the correct first step!

Edit: I don't like American cars. I think they are all pieces of crap, and I don't like looking at them. I would like to see their removal from the game, as that would instantly raise the quality bar.

...see what I did there?

No, it's not affecting my gameplay at all, when you drive standard cars.
Is that what you wanted to hear? I don't care, it's not worth it to get upset about this.

You are the guy who wants to keep the standards until they get eventually upgraded.
I am the guy who would prefer all cars to be at equal quality, even if it means to get rid of standard models.

Let's keep it at that, we are not going to change each others opinions.

Last edited:
No, it's not affecting my gameplay at all, when you drive standard cars.
Is that what you wanted to hear? I don't care, it's not worth it to get upset about this.

You are the guy who wants to keep the standards until they get eventually upgraded.
I am the guy who would prefer all cars to be at equal quality, even if it means to get rid of standard models.

Let's keep it at that, we are not going to change each others opinions.

Ok, fair enough I guess. Sorry if it seemed like I was mad...I just like to curse sometimes :lol:

It was a general reminder for the thread, hence why I didn't quote you.
Gotcha captain, I relent.

I do think though that as absurd as it sounds to some of you, I don't see how having the option to load the Standard models into individuals game files by deliberate choice should bother anyone. I can see some mockery in Photomode uploads if the Standards aren't improved one bit, but that's just board rowdiness these days. I don't care if people just want Premiums, and others want their bigger car stable. That's freedom of choice, and supposedly what we're all about these days.

I do have to wonder though if GT7 goes one way or the other. If all we get are Premium cars, and we have to wait for the Standards to be Premiumized, I'm sure we'll all live. But if it goes the other way and we get the whole stable, how unlivable is this place going to be?

A car is a car is a car is a car is a c....... ;) If I can drive it, I like it. Let me put it another way.... Who complains about graphics in Minecraft.....? ;)

I know, I know, different genre, but the point remains. If you don't like it, don't use it. I personally am THRILLED with the ability to have CARS in the game! Yeah, there are some that I can't use the interior view for because I laugh so hard I can't drive, but they are still cars.

Something has to happen. I'm hoping that if PD just shovels the whole of GT6 into PS4 with some really nice improvements, like all the things I mentioned for GT7 like more cars on track at once, more tracks and with weather and time of day transitions, those community features, Race Mod and Livery Editor etc, that people won't have a meltdown. Maybe call it GT6 R-Spec, GT7 Prologue or something.

Or if it's majorly rebuilt and the cars are all Premium while some tracks are still Standard, but with all the goodies PS4 makes possible, I'm hoping that we don't have to wait long for those cars to be Premiumized. Everyone has their faves, and I insist that as many race cars be Premiumized as possible in order for those racing leagues I want to be viable, especially if we get 24 or more cars on track at once.

I just want peace in our time. :D

Back