Will Standard Cars be in GT7?Addressed 

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 412 comments
Having duplicates and Standards cars in GT6 had nothing to do why the game was not that good it was because of the career mode was a joke that why the game was a let down. With GT7 it can have all the cars to premium and have the same career mode as in GT6 it will not be a good game it will be another let down if that did happen.
So having no standard in a game and it is going to make the game better is BS.
I don't believe anyone is saying that not having standards will dramatically change the career mode, the AI, the track editor etc. If someone did say that feel free to quote it. What people who don't want standards are saying is, they want consistency throughout the game. All cars and tracks to be next generation quality in a next generation game. If there is a livery editor, they want it to work the same with all cars. All cars with interiors. All cars able to add all the same kinds of body modfications. For the record, this is perfectly normal!! You don't buy a new phone and expect it to have a 1 megapixel camera because tradition. You don't buy a new smart tv and find out it's 720p because tradition. You don't buy a new car and find out it doesn't have power steering because tradition.

Kaz has stated that they will be keeping as many cars as possible.

You know, I stopped messing with the 'Planet many years ago because every post degraded into a shouting match.

Looks like I may have to do it again.......

Lame.

Kaz has stated that they will be keeping as many cars as possible.

You know, I stopped messing with the 'Planet many years ago because every post degraded into a shouting match.

Looks like I may have to do it again.......

Lame.
You were expecting something else from a forum?

I don't believe anyone is saying that not having standards will dramatically change the career mode, the AI, the track editor etc. If someone did say that feel free to quote it. What people who don't want standards are saying is, they want consistency throughout the game. All cars and tracks to be next generation quality in a next generation game. If there is a livery editor, they want it to work the same with all cars. All cars with interiors. All cars able to add all the same kinds of body modfications. For the record, this is perfectly normal!! You don't buy a new phone and expect it to have a 1 megapixel camera because tradition. You don't buy a new smart tv and find out it's 720p because tradition. You don't buy a new car and find out it doesn't have power steering because tradition.
This is a PD game if they want to improved the standard cars it would be good but if they do not want to improved the cars as they are in GT6 well you just have to live with it and at the end of the day we just want a good game play and it dose not matter what the standard cars look like and we just have to wait and see when GT7 comes out.

First off, how is this officially answered? I want some evidence.

Secondly, @hall90 I'm not paying R799 to "Live With It", I have a chance to have my voice heard and I'm turning the volume up on that.

Plenty complain that GT3 sucked because it had the lowest car count in the series, the gameplay however and balance of the cars was mint. GT4 was also good but it's better to compare GT3 to GT7 because it's like and like. New game on a new console. Lastly, GT3 also proved that the amount of cars doesn't do jack if you don't have gameplay to boot. GT7 needs to be fresh, not have assets from the PS2 which I know many will crap on about.

I find it odd that the public wants 1000+ cars, of which many are inconsistent but wouldn't be happy with at least +-600 consistent cars. 600 is no small number ladies and gents. Plus it's pretty close to what GT2 had.

First off, how is this officially answered? I want some evidence.

Secondly, @hall90 I'm not paying R799 to "Live With It", I have a chance to have my voice heard and I'm turning the volume up on that.

Plenty complain that GT3 sucked because it had the lowest car count in the series, the gameplay however and balance of the cars was mint. GT4 was also good but it's better to compare GT3 to GT7 because it's like and like. New game on a new console. Lastly, GT3 also proved that the amount of cars doesn't do jack if you don't have gameplay to boot. GT7 needs to be fresh, not have assets from the PS2 which I know many will crap on about.

I find it odd that the public wants 1000+ cars, of which many are inconsistent but wouldn't be happy with at least +-600 consistent cars. 600 is no small number ladies and gents. Plus it's pretty close to what GT2 had.
Assets from the PS2 why not have them in the game it is PD game they can do that they want well when GT7 comes out go and read the reviews and see what they say about GT7 and make a decision weather to buy it or not and just remember it is a GT series and that is good to have assets from PS2 and I do not and many other players don't have a problem with that all they want is a good game play.

Assets from the PS2 why not have them in the game it is PD game they can do that they want well when GT7 comes out go and read the reviews and see what they say about GT7 and make a decision weather to buy it or not and just remember it is a GT series and that is good to have assets from PS2 and I do not and many other players don't have a problem with that all they want is a good game play.
You're right, PD can do whatever they want, but ignoring the desires of the customer is a terrible way of doing business. Expect large falls in sales (lol GT6) and/or customer satisfaction (lol GT6) if PD doesn't start listening to their fan base. As far as I know, most other game developers are much more open with what they do, and they take every opportunity to communicate with their fan base. PD doesn't even explain in full detail what their updates consist of. Figuratively, PD is like a dictatorship while others are more of a democracy.

It's quite a simple idea, really. I don't know why you're struggling to understand it.

Oh, and, have you heard of commas and periods?

You don't buy a new car and find out it doesn't have power steering because tradition.

I would LOVE to buy a new car with manual steering, though. Think the new Alfa 4C actually has a manual rack. That's awesome.

See my post a page back listing a bunch of standards I don't want to lose. If you're comfortable going without all of those and several hundred others, that's you. I'm not okay with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really understand the hassle if you don't like standards don't buy them.

Most standards in my view are not that bad, sure don't stand up in photo mode but while racing they look good enough.
Yes there are a few that are downright blocky & look rough even while racing.

Many standards will never get converted to premium, oldies etc they probably will never get to scan the car again.
However they may get smoothed to look better by the rendering or modelling software.

More cars I want to drive in GT7:

Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54
Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
Chevrolet SSR '03

All 4 Chrysler's

Citroën C3 1.6 '02
Citroën C5 V6 Exclusive '03
Citroën Xantia 3.0i V6 Exclusive '00
Citroën Xsara VTR '03

Daihatsu MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97
Daihatsu MOVE CX '95
Daihatsu STORIA X4 '00

DMC DeLorean S2 '04

SRT SRT4
SRT Viper SRT10 '03

Eagle Talon Esi '97

Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due '00
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90
Fiat Punto HGT Abarth '00

Ford Focus RS '02
Ford Focus ST170 '03
Ford GT40 Race Car '69
Ford Ka '01
Ford Mustang GT '05
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Ford RS200 '84
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03
Ford Taurus SHO '98

HKS GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS2 (D1GP) '04

Holden Commodore SS '04
Holden Monaro CV8 '04

Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99

Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
Honda ACCORD Coupe '88
Honda ACCORD Coupe EX '03
Honda ACCORD Euro-R '00
Honda ACCORD Euro-R '02
Honda BALLADE SPORTS CR-X 1.5i '83
Honda BEAT '91
Honda CITY Turbo II '83
Honda CIVIC 1500 3door 25i '83
Honda CIVIC 1500 3door CX '79
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '91 or '92
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EP) '01
Honda CR-X del Sol SiR '92
Honda CR-X SiR '90
Honda ELEMENT '03
Honda FIT W '01
Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98
Honda INSIGHT '99
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '95
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '99
Honda LIFE STEP VAN '72
Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87
Honda N360 '67
Honda NSX '90
Honda NSX '01
Honda NSX Type R '92
Honda NSX Type S '99
Honda NSX Type S Zero '99
Honda ODYSSEY '03
Honda PRELUDE Si VTEC '91
Honda PRELUDE Type S '98
Honda S500 '63
Honda S600 '64
Honda S800 '66
Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68
Honda S2000 '99
Honda TODAY G '85
Honda Z ACT '70

More? Or should I stop?

With all that fancy saying, I believe you have taken philosophy 101 class particularly critical thinking class. I really appreciate that you bring all that up. It is quite impressive.

Never taken philosophy; not even slightly interested in it, and not here to impress you. Terms like "ad hominem," "slippery slope," "false," and "dichotomy" are all found in common English-language dictionaries. I suppose you could look them up, but then you might have to address the issues raised.

Now, if you don't want to admit that your arguments were logical fallacies, that's fine. But don't pretend that I've taken this discussion to some distant frontier by merely pointing out your use of them.

Anyways, I'm sorry to say that you are over-thinking or just plainly being defensive or overly sensitive.

Isn't it interesting that you suggest I'm being "defensive or overly sensitive" and yet you don't manage to say how I am being so. You also fail to say how being either of these would invalidate my points. Lucky you don't know what an ad hominem attack is though!

Moving on:

AS OF NOW, if you don't comprehend what I have said, I want to tell you clearly that I'm not interested in any position of defending PD or justifying the existence of standard cars which is what you assume what I'm trying to convince..

And:

(I"M NOT JUSTIFYING THEIR DECISION NOR DO I HAVE ANY INTEREST ON TAKING SIDE, you got this?)

Oh, come now. If you're not even "interested in any position" nor "taking side;" if you're completely impartial on the topic, why parody only one side of the argument?

-Or No.... the interior still sucks, the wheel doesn't look real, the shadow is off, the driver looks weird, the color looks dull, i hate this car, i hate that car, blah blah blah

So the REAL QUESTION IS: HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY WITH THIS GAME??

Why accuse one side of "crying" and yet attach no pejorative term to the other side?

The discussion is getting more and more meaningless as some of you keep crying about standard cars.

These quotes don't seem to gel too well with the position of someone who is not interested in "taking side," do they? And that's before we get to this little gem:

I don't think PD does anything wrong by having standard cars there.

Huh. Didn't you just say:

(I"M NOT JUSTIFYING THEIR DECISION NOR DO I HAVE ANY INTEREST ON TAKING SIDE, you got this?)

How strange.

I don't really understand the hassle if you don't like standards don't buy them.

Most standards in my view are not that bad, sure don't stand up in photo mode but while racing they look good enough.

Many standards will never get converted to premium, oldies etc they probably will never get to scan the car again.
However they may get smoothed to look better by the rendering or modelling software.
👍

You were expecting something else from a forum?

Yes, actually. I have been involved in a forum for most of 10 years that rarely has a continual battle over something we all realize is pointless.

The people on this forum can be WAY too childish.

Please, stop! It's a game! Play it or bin it!

Precisely. Everyone, just shut up,, go about your lives, and either enjoy what you have or quit qriping.

Plenty complain that GT3 sucked because it had the lowest car count in the series
the gameplay however and balance of the cars was mint
Agreed. I didn't feel hampered by the 'low' car count in GT3

Often, on reflection, I feel that GT3 is a strong contender for the 'Best in Series' award :cool:

Wait just a minute here.

So you're telling me that with the amount of Premium cars in GT at the moment, which is +-400 cars, and with maybe even 200 more in GT7 making the Premium Car count at least 600 (That will be the total if Standards are excluded with a few being premiumed), along with 40 track locations that's soon to increase with a course maker is too little???

Dude.... Seriously.... I know this is your opinion and all but come on
Then tell me what cars I can't have and we can have a nice argument about why you're right and I'm wrong. ;)

As others have said, the Premium car list isn't as much 400-ish cars as it is 300-ish, because of a bunch of race car duplicates. It's also full of a bunch of newer cars I don't really care for, such as the late model Beemers and Benzs which don't really thrill me.

I happen to prefer cars from the 90s to the early 2000s, because I consider this to be the Golden Age of sports car development, before automakers got caught up in making everything look like a curvy bar of soap. And very similar. Lamborghini in particular has fallen into a rut. I'm not fond of the Toyota FT-1 sports car. The race car... that's better, but I wouldn't have designed the FT-1 like that.

In addition, the powerband which feeds my pleasure center the most is in the 160 to 395 range. Hey, I love me some Ferrari and Lambo as much as the next car nut, but what I covet most of all are the 240SX, 300ZX, Sileighty, Spirra, the RUFs, a bunch of Hondas, the TVRs... like SuzukaStar I could go on and on and the vast majority of those are Standards. Let me put this into perspective.

In my GT5 garage, I maxxed it out a few times at 2000 cars, the most you can have. I had about 280 Premiums, which means, before I cleared out a few duplicates, I had more than 1700 Standards. Some I had won, but the VAST majority, I took the time to purchase. When I finally got around to Photo Mode, All I snapped for months were Standard cars. It wasn't to spite people like Slip, Samus, JohnnyP and Tor. It's because I genuinely find these cars to be appealing. I like these cars!

Hopefully this makes my position clear to you guys. Maybe I'm stupid. But honestly, if you try to please everyone, you'll waste your entire life doing it. And I have better things to do than to care what people here think of me. Like race. Even Premiums sometimes. ;)

That's very interesting for you to say, because "Mazda6 GX tube frame RX-8" brought up this:

And this:

And this:

"Doonan", for the record, is referring to to John Doonan, the leader of Mazda USA's motorsports efforts.

And what was it that I said originally?
It was never a street car, or had anything to do with it. It's a tube framed RWD racecar chassis taken almost directly out of the previous Mazda RX-8 tube framed race car, except this time with Mazda6-shaped carbon fiber body panels put on it and a vaguely Mazda6-ish engine instead of Mazda RX-8 ones and a vaguely RX-8-ish engine.
And what was it I said originally?
I miss the Mazda 6 in Forza because it's a staple of race cars.
That's very nice that you have mad Google skillz. And then of course you spent quite a lot of time focusing on this build of car and saying it wasn't a Mazda 6 anymore. Which fine, it's a gene splice with an RX-8, but the fact of the matter is, people used all manner of Mazdas to race in, like the Mazda 6. And that was my point, that I want to have that Mazda 6 around to race in, and fortunately we have both a Standard and Premium version for just such a purpose. It's kind of hard to find a Mazda which hasn't been used as a race car. And ya know what? It's not that important to me to find out and argue about it, because my reason for joining GT Planet is to celebrate and yack about and dream about this series, and what it might be. Yours seems to be to school people on how right you are and flooding them with minutiae, because going through your posting history, it's hard to find you not arguing with people.

That's not my thing. So go argue with someone else. I have way better things to do. Like celebrating and yacking about and dreaming about this series, and what it might be in the future.

And if you want to see me furthering a discussion, look above.

It's a game! Play it or bin it!
Can I quote you on that when GT7 comes out? :D

Last edited:
Please, stop! It's a game! Play it or bin it!
Please stop. It's a discussion board, not the game itself. People have differing opinions. Accept it or bin it!
Precisely. Everyone, just shut up,, go about your lives, and either enjoy what you have or quit qriping.
Lucky for us, we don't have to shut up as long as we follow the AUP. Either learn to enjoy the discussion or quit griping about it.

That is missing the quality argument entirely. Standard cars will drag down the overall quality of the game. This is a game by Polyphony Digital, makers of one of the top selling and once best rated racing games ever. There is no reason to expect such a large difference in quality between car models in a game made by PD. There is no other game that I'm aware of where you actually need sift through the car dealership to find a car that has an interior view or a model that wasn't made in 2004.
Yes, actually. I have been involved in a forum for most of 10 years that rarely has a continual battle over something we all realize is pointless.

The people on this forum can be WAY too childish.
If we're too immature for you you can always head to the Opinions & Current Events forum, though given your attitude I doubt you'll last long there.

Then tell me what cars I can't have and we can have a nice argument about why you're right and I'm wrong. ;)

Standard Cars bringing down standards and the whole issue of PD having to hold up features and series because you don't want them to accommodate varieties of other motorsports that will be found popular. Don't get me wrong though, the GT Pro thing sounds interesting but there's Project CARS for that. We need something different from the pack.

As others have said, the Premium car list isn't as much 400-ish cars as it is 300-ish, because of a bunch of race car duplicates. It's also full of a bunch of newer cars I don't really care for, such as the late model Beemers and Benzs which don't really thrill me.

I happen to prefer cars from the 90s to the early 2000s, because I consider this to be the Golden Age of sports car development, before automakers got caught up in making everything look like a curvy bar of soap. And very similar. Lamborghini in particular has fallen into a rut. I'm not fond of the Toyota FT-1 sports car. The race car... that's better, but I wouldn't have designed the FT-1 like that.

In addition, the powerband which feeds my pleasure center the most is in the 160 to 395 range. Hey, I love me some Ferrari and Lambo as much as the next car nut, but what I covet most of all are the 240SX, 300ZX, Sileighty, Spirra, the RUFs, a bunch of Hondas, the TVRs... like SuzukaStar I could go on and on and the vast majority of those are Standards. Let me put this into perspective.

In my GT5 garage, I maxxed it out a few times at 2000 cars, the most you can have. I had about 280 Premiums, which means, before I cleared out a few duplicates, I had more than 1700 Standards. Some I had won, but the VAST majority, I took the time to purchase. When I finally got around to Photo Mode, All I snapped for months were Standard cars. It wasn't to spite people like Slip, Samus, JohnnyP and Tor. It's because I genuinely find these cars to be appealing. I like these cars!

Hopefully this makes my position clear to you guys. Maybe I'm stupid. But honestly, if you try to please everyone, you'll waste your entire life doing it. And I have better things to do than to care what people here think of me. Like race. Even Premiums sometimes. ;)

And how many cars of a Standard kind have duplicates? I also like cars from the 90s-2000s period as they have the charm that these newer cars don't have. However, in terms of GT and recent happenings I'd have to say that out of how many cars from the Suggestions sub forum are from that time period , plenty are popular. So provided if PD chucks those cars in then a lot of your sorting is done.

Look, it's not wrong to like Standard cars, but in GT's current state I feel that it's time for them to make a hasty exit. We gotta move with the times.

Here is Kaz's answer for those who cannot find it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-7-is-in-the-works-standard-cars-set-to-stay

You know how I found it? I googled kaz's name and this thread's title. First result. Although it's really easy to find if you just look for it, I still think a moderator should add this link to the OP.

It's basically the same answer we know but we'd prefer something more concrete like a yes , a no or a yo

It's basically the same answer we know but we'd prefer something more concrete like a yes , a no or a yo

You'll notice at the final paragraph in the article; "I doubt that we'll be throwing away the standard cars," said Yamauchi. "Each car has its own fans. So I think we'll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available - but basically we're more focused on increasing the number of premium cars."

That means that Standard cars will be staying, and some of them will get the Premium upgrade.

You'll notice at the final paragraph in the article; "I doubt that we'll be throwing away the standard cars," said Yamauchi. "Each car has its own fans. So I think we'll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available - but basically we're more focused on increasing the number of premium cars."

That means that Standard cars will be staying, and some of them will get the Premium upgrade.

It's not confirmed. Look at the interpretation of Kaz's sentences. It's more of a 70:30 chance that they'll stay. However I think they might go. It just seems off. Though since people will be buying GT regardless they might stay, but the thing is they'll get the Stink eye

While I agree with the general sentiment that the question could've been given a more concrete, definite answer, I feel that the answer that we got is all that we will get from Kaz and PD.

While I agree with the general sentiment that the question could've been given a more concrete, definite answer, I feel that the answer that we got is all that we will get from Kaz and PD.

With the way they like being secretive it seems very likely.

I see an Impreza STI in your avatar, needs to be a GC8 ;) Especially a Premium one :D

Latest Posts

Back