Will Standard Cars be in GT7?Addressed 

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 412 comments
In my opinion, Standards should go. Even though they have been confirmed for GT7. In GT3 , PD I think had the opportunity to port models from GT2 into GT3 but they didn't. Even though the car count in GT3 suffered , the game still had a good selection of cars. That is what I expect for GT7 and really it's no exception because now PD has taken suggestions from hard fans and even casual players. Having standards in GT7 will just bring down the quality of the game.

So to sum up, delete the Standards, work on the suggestions and cars that have already been touched up on. Bob's your uncle.

For GT7, get rid of standard cars, obviously converting the historic and popular ones first. It should be like GT3 in a way, with an emphasis on quality over quantity (though there are already many more premium quality models now than there were total cars in GT3).

If a mod such as @daan could change the status of this thread, as I believe the question has been answered. 👍

Unfortunately, yes. PD is not gonna spend thousands (or millions) of dollars creating interiors and recording engine and exhaust sounds for :censored:boxes like the Renault Avantime or ugly-ass concept cars like the Stout Scarab.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want details, you will be more complete.

Standard Cars Will be in GT7?

What "standard" means for PoDi ? What is the "semi-premium" are included in the lot?

If they keep standard cars for GT7, will they upgrade them to "semi premium" or "premium"?
Maybe they want to keep these cars that are at least "semi-premium"?

Since yesterday, some cry but nothing is certain about the presence of standard cars, there is no detail....

Brief, it would be nice if requests for clarification....

@KinLM https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/kinlm.221133/

Last edited:
It will upset many people, but I think PD should remove the standard models completely.
Seeing them in the new generation game would hurt GT even more than it is now.
Kaz is not gonna remove standard cars, he wants to keep building on and on. He said it in an interview...

By now there are 453 (anniversary cars included) Premium modeled vehicles, and that leaves 744 standards. By the time PD release their next game I can speculate we have around 600+ premium models ( that's what I'm hoping for ). Though I wish PD would release a list for a vote of which car should be "premiumized" I'm sure it will a good opportunity to get your fave car modeled in premium version. But one can only hope :indiff:.

Last edited:
By now there are 453 (anniversary cars included) Premium modeled vehicles, and that leaves 744 standards. By the time PD release there next game I can speculate we have around 600+ premium models ( that's what I'm hoping for ). Though I wish PD would release a list for a vote of which car should be "premiumized" I'm sure it will a good opportunity to get your fave car modeled in premium version. But one can only hope :indiff:.

I'm also hoping the same. I rate the cars that have been suggested in the suggestions sub forum should take precedence now. Cars that have over 100 likes should make the cut and I think there's enough over to cover the 150 cars to fill.

You can have 600 cars but there must be a good selection. If you have a good selection then no one will really care so much about the count because mostly the fan faves will keep people happy.

95% of the cars I drive are standard, this could be part because i completely dislike the digital age of cars. My point is though, however bad standards may look, I have been racing the RUF 3400S since GT3, and ive fallen in love with the car so much that I ended up buying a boxster as my first car, and am now on my second Porsche, people love these standards, and while best would be to update them all I understand how difficult that can be, so just move them up! Imagine how great the car list would be in other games if other companies carried cars up from previous games.

By now there are 453 (anniversary cars included) Premium modeled vehicles, and that leaves 744 standards. By the time PD release their next game I can speculate we have around 600+ premium models ( that's what I'm hoping for ). Though I wish PD would release a list for a vote of which car should be "premiumized" I'm sure it will a good opportunity to get your fave car modeled in premium version. But one can only hope :indiff:.
From GT5 launch to GT6 launch we got around 130 unique new cars + base model duplicates or about 43 per year. To go from 453 to 600 would require 3 and a half years, so if GT7 launches in the summer of 2017 you may well be right.

From GT5 launch to GT6 launch we got around 130 unique new cars + base model duplicates or about 43 per year. To go from 453 to 600 would require 3 and a half years, so if GT7 launches in the summer of 2017 you may well be right.
I'm pretty sure they can manage 600 premium modeled cars before 2017, who's to say that are no more premium models back in the studio? After all their goal is to convert as many premium cars as possible. I understand your point from GT5 launch to GT6 launch that took 3 years there were merely 150+ premium modeled cars, but there's no clue what is yet to come for GT6. Who knows you may also be right.

I'm pretty sure they can manage 600 premium modeled cars before 2017, who's to say that are no more premium models back in the studio? After all their goal is to convert as many premium cars as possible. I understand your point from GT5 launch to GT6 launch that took 3 years there were merely 150+ premium modeled cars, but there's no clue what is yet to come for GT6. Who knows you may also be right.
We can only go on history and past performance right? If you take into account how long GT5 took to launch, their modeling speed hasn't changed much for nearly 10 years, and since they aren't into outsourcing or adding staff, I think we can safely assume it won't change in the near future. When you factor in the 30 VGT that also means 30 less real cars in the game.

We can only go on history and past performance right? If you take into account how long GT5 took to launch, their modeling speed hasn't changed much for nearly 10 years, and since they aren't into outsourcing or adding staff, I think we can safely assume it won't change in the near future. When you factor in the 30 VGT that also means 30 less real cars in the game.

My take on VGT is that Kaz has realized he CAN'T get the modeling he wants/needs for GT, so he has gotten the auto manufacturers involved, and now they (can) do (at least some of) the work. Makes the creation of new cars a LOT more possible! :)

I'm not talking about the VGT Cars so that takes away 4 cars leaving 449 premium modeled cars, I'm talking about updates adding free cars and maybe DLC's yet to come.
I can say by next year will surely reach altleast 500 premium cars. It also said that it takes altleast 6 months to model a full premium model, and I'm pretty sure PD are not the only ones to take so long to model a car that takes so much time.

The best thing to do to speed up the process would be to add more staff to model cars. I mean A LOT of staff though. I'm sure Sony can cover that for PD.

Then again there's that old saying... Too many cooks spoil the broth.

So better they manage their resources wisely, meaning put the cars that people are favouring right now.

What a joke... Yeah let's keep building on that quanitity filled blocky cars from 2 generations back with blacked out interiors. It's pretty damn clear that Kaz doesn't know what "quality" is anymore.
A quality game to me is one with a car list that has stuff i actually like to drive...... A massive amount of premium cars are super, asian, or race cars, If you want a bit more modest european roadster of classic, a huge majority are standard and would be gone if they were to toss out standard cars.

The best thing to do to speed up the process would be to add more staff to model cars. I mean A LOT of staff though. I'm sure Sony can cover that for PD.

Then again there's that old saying... Too many cooks spoil the broth.

So better they manage their resources wisely, meaning put the cars that people are favouring right now.
If they add more staff, they will need more money...

A quality game to me is one with a car list that has stuff i actually like to drive...... A massive amount of premium cars are super, asian, or race cars, If you want a bit more modest european roadster of classic, a huge majority are standard and would be gone if they were to toss out standard cars.
That isn't what I want. What I want is ALL cars in the same quality as another, not put in different groups of quality.

Unfortunately most of you don’t understand what it means to carry over the standard cars to GT7,you guys just think they port them over press a few buttons and PRESTO everythings rainbows an unicorns.

1)They will need to update all the standard models (not just making it look decent for the PS4 but also having the ability to add fiber hoods,bodykits,and exhaust).

2)Cockpits,because who in there right mind would accept a car in 2014 on the PS4 with no cockpit?

3)Sounds,that means all 1200+ cars must be updated with acceptable sounds.

How they’ll be about to do all this while working on everything else they have planned for GT7 by 2015 or 2016 (while supporting GT6)is in my mind impossible.I understand you guys love and want to keep standard cars but all you're doing is giving PD more work which means less time to work on new content,the result will be a repeat of GT6,with content coming out extremely late.

Last edited:
Now that it is official that standards will be in GT7, I wont be buying GT7. Standards were terrible in GT5, they improved in GT6, but to still have them in GT7 on the next gen console is just ridiculous.

I am voicing my opinion on here and with my wallet. I still enjoy GT6 but I will not be buying GT7 or another GT game until all 1,200+ cars are to "premium" quality.

Now that it is official that standards will be in GT7, I wont be buying GT7. Standards were terrible in GT5, they improved in GT6, but to still have them in GT7 on the next gen console is just ridiculous.

I am voicing my opinion on here and with my wallet. I still enjoy GT6 but I will not be buying GT7 or another GT game until all 1,200+ cars are to "premium" quality.

Who does it hurt? If you do not want to use the standard cars than dont use them? What diffrence does it make if they are in or not to those that dont car for them?

Who does it hurt? If you do not want to use the standard cars than dont use them? What diffrence does it make if they are in or not to those that dont car for them?
Because you cant get through a GT game without using a standard. That is a fact. So if someone does not want to use standards, they will never finish the game since 80% of the cars are standards.
Example. Remember the truck races in GT5? All the trucks were standards. You physically would not be able to finish the game if you did not use a standard.

Honestly think about trying to play a game with 80% standards and then say "If you do not want to use the standard cars than dont use them?". Doesn't make much sense does it? :lol:

Remind me of this from Due Date.

So to avoid the standards (waffles) I will avoid GT7. :D

Latest Posts

Back