Will the relatively poor sales of GT6 affect the development of GTSport?

Will the abysmal sales of GT6 have an effect on how GT7 is designed and developed?

• Definitely. I think they will take this as a sign that they need a major overhaul of the franchise.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Somewhat. Much of the game will remain "GT", but some parts will be overhauled completely.

Votes: 111 53.6%
  • Not at all. Business as usual. A familiar game targeted towards a more casual audience ala GT6.

Votes: 62 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am done here. Feel free to continue to scrutinise each word I use in my posts rather than looking at the overlying point if you makes you feel better though.

Well, you know what they say about people in glass houses don't you? ;) The reason you are done here is because you have no rebuttal for the fact that Europe is not one market. None. A bigger man would admit that it is technically correct that the US is the biggest market for console racers, followed by UK or Germany or whoever falls in such order. But you don't strike me as a man who easily admits he's technically wrong.

The easiest thing is to walk away and deny all responsibility and try and smear the line of credibility on the way out with things like "if you makes you feel better though" :lol: Really? If it makes me feel better?... LOL.

At the end of the day they were your words you wrote. Grow a pair and stand by them if you believe them to be true.

I like the way you always try to narrow it down to the OP every time someone throws up an argument but constantly go off on a speculation trip yourself. In the OP edit. You actually speculate the very next sentence to what you call a source! It's really really hypocritical whether you state it or not. :lol: It's like the time you tried to hide behind the AUP when you were constantly breaking it, remember that? I do! 👍
Without links, quotes, references and proper sentence structure, I have no idea what you're specifically talking about.

You also have to remember that this is the same OP that was flat out wrong for the first 60 days of it's existence despite being pointed out to you time and time again and even then it took two too many posts from myself to get you to apologise to the good folks you misled. In fact it is still wrong to this day if I wanted to be pedantic, as you have not included the potential sales of GT: PSP in your OP edit as that is still available in stores digitally and playable on Vita.

The word 'train wreck' comes to mind.
The issues with the OP in question were dealt with already. Would you like to continue to rehash things that have already been addressed or do you have something worthwhile to add?

PSP is a completely different platform that's why it wasn't included.

I think 'relatively poor' sales would be more appropriate in a discussion about the emergence of third world marketplaces. I mean, with a Datsun winning the GT Award and the Datsun brand being recently revived in certain regions, surely it's no coincidence.

I have no idea what you're specifically talking about.

That's probably just your selective memory kicking in. Probably not the first time.

The issues with the OP in question were dealt with already.

54 days too late for some of us to be considered a trustworthy thread. But okay, whatever. It's only your credibility.

Would you like to continue to rehash things that have already been addressed or do you have something worthwhile to add?

Why yes sir I would!

GT: PSP is part of the GT franchise and taken into account in the 75 million plus stated by PD....

gran-turismo.com
The latest instalment of the Gran Turismo franchise, which as of March 2015 has sold over 75 million copies worldwide

polyphony.co.jp
Gran Turismo..................... 10,850
Gran Turismo 2................... 9,370
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec......... 14,890
Gran Turismo Concept Series. 1,560
Gran Turismo 4 “Prologue”.... 1,400
Gran Turismo 4.................. 11,730
Gran Turismo 5 “Prologue”... 5,350
Gran Turismo PSP............... 4,220
Gran Turismo 5.................. 10,660
Total............................... 70,020

So you are wrong to leave it out then are you not? Unless you think PD left it out of it's original 75m+ notice thus putting GT6 at around the 9 million plus bracket...

Which is it? Another oversight in this consistently wrong thread or GT6 sold 7m units bigger than you originally reported in your first big **** up of this thread?

Either way.... It's a poor show from start to finish with this, I honestly don't know how somebody can be so wrong, so often... Well done. :lol:

That's probably just your selective memory kicking in. Probably not the first time.

54 days too late for some of us to be considered a trustworthy thread. But okay, whatever. It's only your credibility.

Why yes sir I would!

GT: PSP is part of the GT franchise and taken into account in the 75 million plus stated by PD....

So you are wrong to leave it out then are you not? Unless you think PD left it out of it's original 75m+ notice thus putting GT6 at around the 9 million plus bracket...

Which is it? Another oversight in this consistently wrong thread or GT6 sold 7m units bigger than you originally reported in your first big **** up of this thread?

Either way.... It's a poor show from start to finish with this, I honestly don't know how somebody can be so wrong, so often... Well done. :lol:
How do PSP sales, from a game over 6 years old, have any significant effect whatsoever in the calculation of copies of GT6 sold? 70 million copies of GT were sold as of 2 years ago, 75 million are sold now. That's 5 million or less for GT6. Do you have anything to contribute as to how this will affect the next version of the game or are you going to continue running off on pointless tangents that have nothing to do with the question in the OP?

We don't know for sure the exact total of GT6 sales but I think it's safe to say the vast majority come from GT6, with a small amount from GT5

That's the part were you put PSP also, PSP is available in PS store digitally and available to 11 million plus PS Vita's out in the wild. Far more readily available than GT5 so the fact that you left that important nugget of information out from the thread is just another oversight by a man who questions other people's logic yet never seems to use any himself.

Pensologic.... From now on, I'm gonna use that word every time you throw something out that defies it. I got a good feeling ill use it a lot. :lol:

I didn't raise the issue, you did. If you have an answer, share it. If not, try to stay on topic from now on please and keep the logical fallacies to yourself.

You know, using that site to prove you have logic is like somebody wearing a funny T-shirt to prove they have a sense of humour. They just end up looking like a **** in a T-shirt :lol:

Last edited:
If you cannot work that out, you have no business starting threads on the matter of sales.
I'll bite.

How many sales do you realistically think a six year old title on a discontinued platform are contributing to 2012-2015 series sales totals just because it is still available digitally on a newer, failed platform? I know this is some personal thing between you and Johnnypenso rather than an actual point, but please elaborate anyway.

Sure, if GT5 is included in the cloudiness of the real numbers so to speak then a game that is more readily available to users of the Vita should be. I'd argue GT PSP is just as, if not more likely to have contributed to the numbers post 2013 than GT5 given the fact it is available digitally and GT5 is not.

Assuming that a half decade old PSP game is still a big seller on a much more advanced successor system (even one as starved of anything to play as the Vita), and assuming large portions of people who own Vitas didn't already digitally own the game on PSN since it was the only game Sony ever put a big push behind as a digital download when the PSP was still alive and the downloads were transferable, and ignoring that GT5 was still readily available new in regular stores for a good half a year at least after GT6 released until retailers cleaned house and dumped it in clearance bins. I bought a copy of XL in February of last year from Wal-Mart so if I ever lost my install data half of the patches would already be on the disk; and so I could put my GT5 Limited Edition into storage. Pretty sure it cost me $15 ish. My local Wal-Mart had new copies of Hot Pursuit 3 Greatest Hits that I saw a week ago when I was buying headlights, so they might even still have GT5 if I looked.

I get what you're saying, but it seems even more unrealistic to believe that a PSP game was taking a larger bite of PD's post GT6 sales output than GT5 was when the former is available digitally on a system that is pretty much ignored and the game in question likely already had high market saturation when the Vita launched (and obscene piracy levels, sorta); and the latter sat on shelves right alongside its sequel for a third the price up until around when they shut the servers for it down (nevermind the six months in between when PD's record keeping stopped and when GT6 launched).

That's the part were you put PSP also, PSP is available in PS store digitally and available to 11 million plus PS Vita's out in the wild. Far more readily available than GT5 so the fact that you left that important nugget of information out from the thread is just another oversight by a man who questions other people's logic yet never seems to use any himself.
I fail to see how a game available on 11 million Vitas is somehow more readily available than a game available on 80 million PS3s. I echo everything Tornado said, but even if a significant portion of the sales from 2013 to 2015 in the franchise were from the PSP version, that only makes the sales attributed to GT6 in that period even lower. I don't see how that changes anything in the OP, other than to make the question in the OP even more relevant.

You know, using that site to prove you have logic is like somebody wearing a funny T-shirt to prove they have a sense of humour. They just end up looking like a **** in a T-shirt :lol:
AUP

Last edited:
Assuming that a half decade old PSP game is still a big seller on a much more advanced successor system (even one as starved of anything to play as the Vita), and assuming large portions of people who own Vitas didn't already digitally own the game on PSN since it was the only game Sony ever put a big push behind as a digital download when the PSP was still alive and the downloads were transferable, and ignoring that GT5 was still readily available new in regular stores for a good half a year at least after GT6 released until retailers cleaned house and dumped it in clearance bins. I bought a copy of XL in February of last year from Wal-Mart so if I ever lost my install data half of the patches would already be on the disk; and so I could put my GT5 Limited Edition into storage. Pretty sure it cost me $15 ish. My local Wal-Mart had new copies of Hot Pursuit 3 Greatest Hits that I saw a week ago when I was buying headlights, so they might even still have GT5 if I looked.

I get what you're saying, but it seems even more unrealistic to believe that a PSP game was taking a larger bite of PD's post GT6 sales output than GT5 was when the former is available digitally on a system that is pretty much ignored and the game in question likely already had high market saturation when the Vita launched (and obscene piracy levels, sorta); and the latter sat on shelves right alongside its sequel for a third the price up until around when they shut the servers for it down (nevermind the six months in between when PD's record keeping stopped and when GT6 launched).

It doesn't really matter what you or I assume though. One of us could be right, both of us could be wrong. Does not change the fact that in the OP he assumes any sales taken off of the 5m+ attributed to GT6 go to GT5 and leaves out any of GT PSP.

It's just another oversight which I, being extremely pedantic I admit, pointed out to him in the thinking he unintentionally missed it. But the Pensologic dictated it was irrelevant and he in fact left it out on purpose as...

Work that one out. :lol:

If and when PD updates the numbers and if GT PSP numbers change, my point will be proven. Until then it is illogical to include GT5 and not include GT PSP regardless of what anybody assumes.

I fail to see how a game available on 11 million Vitas is somehow more readily available than a game available on 80 million PS3s.

You fail to see a lot of things so no surprises there.

I echo everything Tornado said, but even if a significant portion of the sales from 2013 to 2015 in the franchise were from the PSP version, that only makes the sales attributed to GT6 in that period even lower.

That is highly irrelevant to the point. Deal in facts and not assumptions as much as you can in the OP. Separate facts from opinion. Obviously you have not got hard figures but if you include GT5 (and even throw out a strange number to go with it from where you pulled I don't want to know :lol:) you have to include other games available. It's just another oversight, unintentional is acceptable, intentional is unacceptable.

Ah, so @TrevorPhilips & @Johnnypenso can agree on something.

Capture1.JPG

The world will now end. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back