Will there be a new seasonal this week?

• Thread starter Cyborg65
  • 66 comments
Cyborg65
Its going on a month now and thats just getting to the point of rediculous. Now before you all start posting about the whining you have to understand how some of us play. I have to balance my gameplay between work, sleep, taking care of my daughter, taking care of my house, my pc MMO that I pay $15 a month for, and any other real life situation that adults face. When I play I dont have hours and hours to sit in front of the tv grinding tracks for cash. I have maybe an hour or two when I can sit down and enjoy the game and what I enjoy is new challenges and races. Sure I could go into a single spec race and hinder my car to the point where it is slightly competitive but now Im taking up precious time doing all that instead of just driving and having fun.

I understand that there was some sort of move but I work construction and I have set up a complete machinery line in a factory from bare floor to the machine producing items in a week. I think PD should be able to move a few computers and get some of their people back on the game in less than 3 weeks so they can add updates. They were the ones that said "weekly updates" so Yes i think we do have a reason complain when it goes 3-4 weeks without one.

Its going on a month now and thats just getting to the point of rediculous. Now before you all start posting about the whining you have to understand how some of us play. I have to balance my gameplay between work, sleep, taking care of my daughter, taking care of my house, my pc MMO that I pay $15 a month for, and any other real life situation that adults face. When I play I dont have hours and hours to sit in front of the tv grinding tracks for cash. I have maybe an hour or two when I can sit down and enjoy the game and what I enjoy is new challenges and races. Sure I could go into a single spec race and hinder my car to the point where it is slightly competitive but now Im taking up precious time doing all that instead of just driving and having fun.

I understand that there was some sort of move but I work construction and I have set up a complete machinery line in a factory from bare floor to the machine producing items in a week. I think PD should be able to move a few computers and get some of their people back on the game in less than 3 weeks so they can add updates. They were the ones that said "weekly updates" so Yes i think we do have a reason complain when it goes 3-4 weeks without one.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=214643
nothing more to say:tdown:

i´m going to hate the peoples ignorance

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=214643
nothing more to say:tdown:

i´m going to hate the peoples ignorance

I read that thread and was part of that thread but it has nothing to do with this one. That one has been going on for over 3 weeks. As far as them moving I guess not many of you really know how business works. Do you really think that they decide one day to move and thats when they unplug everything and start moving? NO. The new location is set up and prepared and is ready so when the move does happen it is done very quickly to keep downtime to the bare minimum. We are dealing with a company that produces video games, the bulk of their work is done on computers so the main thing is moving and setting back up. If they cant move 50 computers and set them back up in a week then something is wrong, I could do that by myself in a day. I know there is alot more to be moved but as I said there is planning and coordination to make these quick and easy.

Who cares? I think everyone should know by now to expect the unexpected. PD should do this, they need to do that....blah blah blah. They have done this enough to where everyone should know what to expect. Give them a break, otherwise I suggest you design a better game, until then, I will be playing GT5 while you sit and complain about something that is right in front of your face. Sorry for the rant but jeez man, I don't wanna hear it anymore than anyone else does. We all want new stuff, but you know what? We don't always get what we want so be happy you are alive and able to play GT5...I'm sure they will have a new update with a fresh set of new events for all....eventually....if you are just a wee bit patient.

I read that thread and was part of that thread but it has nothing to do with this one. That one has been going on for over 3 weeks. As far as them moving I guess not many of you really know how business works. Do you really think that they decide one day to move and thats when they unplug everything and start moving? NO. The new location is set up and prepared and is ready so when the move does happen it is done very quickly to keep downtime to the bare minimum. We are dealing with a company that produces video games, the bulk of their work is done on computers so the main thing is moving and setting back up. If they cant move 50 computers and set them back up in a week then something is wrong, I could do that by myself in a day. I know there is alot more to be moved but as I said there is planning and coordination to make these quick and easy.

Lol don't be silly! They had to rent a van and Kaz was the only one who could get insurance,, then it was too small, so they had to make several trips and they got lost on the first run and they stopped of at Tsukuba to see if the thing would drift and then Kaz drove over his favourite laptop in the pits, then they ran out of petrol and took a detour to give some reporters a lift to see Fukushima, then when they got to the new offices they fought over who got which desk and Kaz lost and threw a massive sulk and kicked a chair which shot across the office and tripped the lead programmer while he was on a coffee run and he burned his bestest coding fingers and so there's no new seasonals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_continuity

Lol don't be silly! They had to rent a van and Kaz was the only one who could get insurance,, then it was too small, so they had to make several trips and they got lost on the first run and they stopped of at Tsukuba to see if the thing would drift and then Kaz drove over his favourite laptop in the pits, then they ran out of petrol and took a detour to give some reporters a lift to see Fukushima, then when they got to the new offices they fought over who got which desk and Kaz lost and threw a massive sulk and kicked a chair which shot across the office and tripped the lead programmer while he was on a coffee run and he burned his bestest coding fingers and so there's no new seasonals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_continuity

:lol:
great!

Do you have 100% of game complete?

A) Yes
B) No
C) Mumble...mumble...(crying)

A) You are too elite, so PD as decided not support the game for you anymore.
B) You can use the moaning power and time to try to complete it.
C) IT's okay, it's okay, we are used to see this kind of posts every week that SE are delayed or absent, take a cokie...

My life is busy and productive so these video game developers need to work harder to add more content for special me and my busy life...

If you're bored with what GT5 has to offer until Seasonals appear then play something else. :rolleyes:

My life is busy and productive so these video game developers need to work harder to add more content for special me and my busy life...
If you're bored with what GT5 has to offer until Seasonals appear then play something else. :rolleyes:

Yes I am that special that they should make more content available for me, and you, and everyone else that bought the game. That is the whole problem witht hem selling an unfinished game, they promise to finish it with updates and patches but after a while they move on to the next project and we are still left with a game that is far from done. Games these days cost too much to be sold unfinishedm, and if they say they are going to give weekly updates then im going to expect that. I guess 90% of the people on these forums wouldnt know anything about the high cost of games because mommy and daddy are still paying for them.

You have such a busy life yet you've completed and got bored of all the other events? I'm hoping for more seasonals too but i've played the game tons and still haven't got around to the latest two seasonals, as i've been group testing cars around Trial Mountain.

I still have plenty to do/improve in the "main" game too and I don't have a family, have a fair whack of spare time and have played GT5 a lot, about 95% of my PS3 time in fact.

Not calling you out but I think most of the people who really miss the seasonals are those who play GT5 *a lot*. Your post starts off making the point that you don't get much spare time, yet you've apparently exhausted everything else the game has to offer?

Oh and would the MMO be WoW? Save some money, if it's the community and sandbox aspects of it you enjoy, try Second Life, it has it's faults but is pretty much limitless, and free if you want it to be. Plenty of Role Playing stuffs and games within it too. OK plug over :)

Don't forget that GT5 Seasonals updates is not the only thing that PD does. At the moment I suspect they are spending most of their time on GT6 development and perhaps even a patch/update for GT5. What I mean is, even though it might seem easy for them to update the seasonal events, there are other more important things they have to do, and on top of that, they also had to move.

Just be thankful with what you got currently in GT5 and cut the PD guys some slack!

I read a Kaz tweet somewhere, (on here maybe), stating that the new offices were up and running on the 17th, so there might be something this week.

You have such a busy life yet you've completed and got bored of all the other events? I'm hoping for more seasonals too but i've played the game tons and still haven't got around to the latest two seasonals, as i've been group testing cars around Trial Mountain.

I still have plenty to do/improve in the "main" game too and I don't have a family, have a fair whack of spare time and have played GT5 a lot, about 95% of my PS3 time in fact.

Not calling you out but I think most of the people who really miss the seasonals are those who play GT5 *a lot*. Your post starts off making the point that you don't get much spare time, yet you've apparently exhausted everything else the game has to offer?

Oh and would the MMO be WoW? Save some money, if it's the community and sandbox aspects of it you enjoy, try Second Life, it has it's faults but is pretty much limitless, and free if you want it to be. Plenty of Role Playing stuffs and games within it too. OK plug over :)

Dont play WoW, never have its for kids. I have everything in the A-spec done except for the endurance races which I dont plan to do. Why they ever thought sitting in front of the tv for 9 hours to finish 1 race was a good idea is beyond me. I have all the liscenses done with about 95% gold ( thats about the only thing I have to do other than seasonals is try to gold the remaining few liscenses that are silver). I have all the seasonals done to date, and all the specials done and golded. It wouldnt be so bad but they took the time and drift trials down, at least I could have been playing around on those trying to get a decent time.

To Slicktyres, nice post. I like the article on business continuity. Heres a clip from it that about says it all.

"The foundation of Business Continuity are the standards, program development, and supporting policies; guidelines,and procedures needed to ensure a firm to continue without stoppage, irrespective of the adverse circumstances or events. All system design, implementation, support, and maintenance must be based on this foundation in order to have any hope of achieving Business Continuity. "

Yes I am that special that they should make more content available for me, and you, and everyone else that bought the game.

I was happy with what came on the disc. Everything else has just been a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

That is the whole problem witht hem selling an unfinished game, they promise to finish it with updates and patches but after a while they move on to the next project and we are still left with a game that is far from done.

Define "unfinished" for me. I think they did release a complete, but imperfect game. It wasn't as "finished" as they may have preferred, but if they waited until everything was absolutely perfect it still wouldn't have been released. I got my money's worth in playing time. Hours and hours of racing and I didn't even manage to delve into photomode or the Course Editor. GT5 is fine.

I guess 90% of the people on these forums wouldnt know anything about the high cost of games because mommy and daddy are still paying for them.

Get off your high horse. You're not the only professional or adult on these forums. For someone who apparently works so hard and knows the value of relaxation time, you seem to have a hard time being grateful for the time you do spend playing GT5. Honestly, if this game's about to give you an ulcer and you aren't having fun - play something else.

Didn't you get two free games from the Welcome Back program? Play those! You have a career and expendable income, go buy a different game! These are video games to be played for fun. If fun is not what you're having then go do something else. Crying on a forum won't fix your issues.

I was happy with what came on the disc. Everything else has just been a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Define "unfinished" for me. I think they did release a complete, but imperfect game. It wasn't as "finished" as they may have preferred, but if they waited until everything was absolutely perfect it still wouldn't have been released. I got my money's worth in playing time. Hours and hours of racing and I didn't even manage to delve into photomode or the Course Editor. GT5 is fine.

Get off your high horse. You're not the only professional or adult on these forums. For someone who apparently works so hard and knows the value of relaxation time, you seem to have a hard time being grateful for the time you do spend playing GT5. Honestly, if this game's about to give you an ulcer and you aren't having fun - play something else.

Didn't you get two free games from the Welcome Back program? Play those! You have a career and expendable income, go buy a different game! These are video games to be played for fun. If fun is not what you're having then go do something else. Crying on a forum won't fix your issues.

2 free games from the welcome back program? You mean the bottom of the barrel worst pieces of crap that they couldnt sell anyway so they gave them to us for free? Those the ones you were talkin about? But you are right, the game is perfect and we have nothing to complain about so we should just sit back and enjoy what ever they give us and be thankful [comment removed by moderator] like good little GT5 robots.

Last edited:
i know the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear disaster was absolutely horrible for large parts of japan, but it has been 4+ months. how hard is it for pd to post news updates to their own web site?

i'd think it'd be a lot easier than shipping a race car and team to france to race for 24 hours.

anyways, most multi-million dollar global companies have disaster recovery plans that get them back in business in less than a month.

i know i only paid $60, but i don't think a monthly web post with an update is asking that much. don't get me wrong, i love gt5, but i do think pd could have handled the communication of their problems/changes better!

I'd like only an acknowledgement at this point. They say weekly, but it's been weeks since we've heard anything. It takes 5 seconds to update the News tab...

How long is a piece of string?

Getting sick of these threads whinging about why PD hasn't made more free content for us lucky ungrateful bunch...

People are upset not at the lack of free content, but at PD's inconsistency in following their own schedule that they've communicated to us. We have such little communication from PD, and what we have is wrong.

From a behavioral psychologist point of view intermittant reinforcement produces some of the strongest and strangest responses when compared to situations where reinforcement is given consistently or ceased altogether. It other words, for the people who find seasonal events pleasurable, PD is reinforcing them on a schedule that naturally causes confusion and weird behavior (like all of these threads).

Who cares? I think everyone should know by now to expect the unexpected. PD should do this, they need to do that....blah blah blah. They have done this enough to where everyone should know what to expect. Give them a break, otherwise I suggest you design a better game, until then, I will be playing GT5 while you sit and complain about something that is right in front of your face. Sorry for the rant but jeez man, I don't wanna hear it anymore than anyone else does. We all want new stuff, but you know what? We don't always get what we want so be happy you are alive and able to play GT5...I'm sure they will have a new update with a fresh set of new events for all....eventually....if you are just a wee bit patient.

That, ur absolutely right, nowadays everything has to be done in seconds...what do u people do when u have a REAL problem? No offense, but did u see what is still going on in Japan?

That, ur absolutely right, nowadays everything has to be done in seconds...what do u people do when u have a REAL problem? No offense, but did u see what is still going on in Japan?

(Please use English.)
What is it you imagine PD are struggling with at the moment that is connected to the Earthquake?

Will there be a new seasonal this week?

9tb-into-mordor.jpg

The only thing worse than these kind of threads,

are the people who come into these kind of threads,

to complain about these kind of threads...

oh, wait a minute...

never mind. :lol:

Getting sick of these threads whinging about why PD hasn't made more free content for us lucky ungrateful bunch...

I guess its a legitimate question to ask but you are also correct in that these types of questions are getting repetitive/boring.

If we get new seasonals then good and if we don't get any, its not the end of the world.

Here's the deal.. PD uses any excuse possible whether they tell us or not, to delay the game, delay development, delay updates, delay seasonals, just plain DELAY GT. That's the way it is, it's always been, and probably always will be. They also have a problem with telling the truth from time to time. I'm used to it, I expect it. Why doesn't everyone else? Hmmmm... :indiff:

Then why do you read them? the thread title clearly indicates it's subject.
Why don't you and people like you butt out, and mind your own business, people have a right to express their opinions, whether positive or negative without PD brown nosing meatheads like you, and the many others that fill these forums, jumping on them.

To simplify for you and your ilk, If you don't like the thread title you don't have to read it, and leaving your blind, fanboy-vomit that you pass for comments behind.
Bottom line is that PD themselves promised weekly seasonal content, have been unable to meet their promise and haven't even bothered to take 2 mins out to post a bulletin on the in-game news tab to explain why.
It's lazy, and thoughtless behaviour towards their fanbase, and they deserve to be criticised.

"To simplify for you and your ilk, If you don't like the thread title you don't have to read it, and leaving your blind, fanboy-vomit that you pass for comments behind."

His point is actually that there need be only one thread on this one topic, instead of many threads on this one topic.

By the way, you sound intolerant, and he doesn't really. Maybe relax a bit about other POVs while you're explaining why we should accept yours too. He's right that at some point it gets old hearing the exact same complaints mentioned again and again and again. At least repeat yourself in one thread. Most of us want to talk about the fun we're having with this great game, after all.

Until you've accomplished something at the level of these incredibly detailed games, I'm not sure you can call PD lazy. It's not like they are doing nothing anyway. They are moving.

Last edited:
Back