Will there be a new seasonal this week?

• Thread starter Cyborg65
  • 66 comments
Where are the seasona... (Konk on head).

Seriously now I just wish they would give us some info. I don't care if we never get any updates again, just let us know.

Sorry but thats a piss poor argument. If my boss didn't pay me ofcourse I'd be aggravated, not getting something that's free however doesn't upset me in the slightest. See the difference in what you're trying to talk about? I do and it's quite significant...

I shouldnt expect someone from an upside down country to understand however these updates are not free. In promoting the game PD stated there would be add ons, new tracks, cars, seasonals all added to the game after launch. I bought this game on the promise that there would be more online content on the way, so yes we did pay for these seasonals to be added. Also, whether or not you worked for your paycheck or someone promises to give you something for free every week at the same time, there is still the expectation that you will get it every week at the same time. If they couldnt deliver then they shouldnt have made the statement -

"Our thanks to you all for you participation in the Seasonal Events!

From this point the Seasonal Events will generally be updated on Thursday every week at 04:00 (GMT).

Please note that the timing of these updates may vary by +/- 1 day, we recommend checking the distribution periods as listed in the Event list screen.

Make sure to keep an eye out for extra Special Events not included in the periodic updates! These will be notified separately in our news section."

And, if it was going to take a month before the next WEEKLY seasonal was going to be added then the very least they can do is post an explanation on the homepage in the news banner.
Finally, im just here until Dirt3 comes out and I can trade this POS game in. I still have every GT game since the first gran turismo on PS1 and this will be the first time I ever let one go. I dont care how good a game looks if the playability isnt there then it has to go. ( notice I said playablility not re-playability because thats what this game is all about-endlessly grinding the same old tracks to get enough money to buy cars to grind the same old tracks).

I think what they are doing is genius, as many people are holding on to the game for these seasonal races, which stops them from being traded in and sold used (which the developer and Sony don't get a cut of).

So technically the developer isn't providing these free races at their cost, as these seasonal races are providing them additional sales (and profit) from late comers to the GT5 game as they aren't very prevalent in the used game market. My local used video game store currently has no used copies of GT5 in stock (and rarely does), while they have 5-10 copies of new games like L.A. Noire and Infamous 2.

Because of the above, don't expect them to be very forthcoming with news of the cancelling of seasonal races (when and if it does happen) as you will see a flood of these games going in for trade, thus killing the sales of new games in inventory at stores.

Back