Will there be a new seasonal this week?

• Thread starter Cyborg65
  • 66 comments
I get both sides up to a certain extent. I mean i myself get disappointed when a week passes by without an update of the seasonals while PD promised to update them every week, so i understand why people start these threads. It's about blowing off steam and the fun of speculation. On the other hand it's getting old because no one can tell if and when new seasonals will be up anyway. The only thing i don't get is why people feel the need to rant on about other people's posts, no matter from what side of the discussion!

His point is actually that there need be only one thread on this one topic, instead of many threads on this one topic.

How do you know that that's his point? I took it as another post attacking people who are in any way critical of GT5 or PD. I'm not intolerant at all, If you read my post properly you'd get that.

As for PD being lazy devs I can't know for sure, but based on the amount of time it took them to complete such a disappointing and incomplete game (imo), I wouldn't say they're the most hardworking and efficient bunch either.

His point is actually that there need be only one thread on this one topic, instead of many threads on this one topic.

How do you know that that's his point? I took it as another post attacking people who are in any way critical of GT5 or PD. I'm not intolerant at all, If you read my post properly you'd get that.

As for PD being lazy devs I can't know for sure, but based on the amount of time it took them to complete such a disappointing and incomplete game (imo), I wouldn't say they're the most hardworking and efficient bunch either.

Bro, take it easy. Like you a lot of us are disappointed with the lack of news regards the seasonals. Also, you have every right to ask any question or give your view on this forum.

Bro, take it easy. Like you a lot of us are disappointed with the lack of news regards the seasonals. Also, you have every right to ask any question or give your view on this forum.

I only said like one sentence of the many you're quoting me as saying. No biggie... I just think you have be confused for someone else.

And I don't really care much about this issue. I was actually asking someone to chill out and not blow up at other people over such a minor issue.

Edit: to answer Axl's question of course when someone says they are sick of a repeated thing, they are implying they think fewer of that thing would be sufficient.

At any rate, I think complaints about the delay in seasonals being uploaded might as well stay in the thread already on here about that. Just my opinion. Seems like some people are really taking their video games too seriously when they are screaming about how other opinions make them want to vomit.

Last edited:
my opinion: i dont think it's very hard to create a new seasonal. 2 hours, maybe 3?! so even if i dont really miss a new one, as i am almost racing online, why dont they just create them once a week and also update the car-dealership... feed the monkey, u know :)

sry for bad english, i'm german ;)

Edit: to answer Axl's question of course when someone says they are sick of a repeated thing, they are implying they think fewer of that thing would be sufficient.

At any rate, I think complaints about the delay in seasonals being uploaded might as well stay in the thread already on here about that. Just my opinion. Seems like some people are really taking their video games too seriously when they are screaming about how other opinions make them want to vomit.

Is English your first languge? when someone says their sick of something that means they don't want thing to exist at all. I never said other people's opinions make me want to vomit. I said blind fanboy opinions are like vomit to me, it's a METAPHOR. You should read other peoples posts properly before
you criticise. Btw I was pretty angry earlier, and I've already acknowledged
that my post was ott.

my opinion: i dont think it's very hard to create a new seasonal. 2 hours, maybe 3?! so even if i dont really miss a new one, as i am almost racing online, why dont they just create them once a week and also update the car-dealership... feed the monkey, u know :)

sry for bad english, i'm german ;)

Yeah, it's very strange.

I wonder if there's something to it we just don't understand. Maybe there's a server issue? Maybe they were going to roll out something bigger, and there is a problem needing fixing?

If it's the move, perhaps they should have just had more updates ready to go, saved, and posted them later. Common sense.

But my view is this really doesn't matter. I'll just play another game and come back to this one when I feel like it.

For me the most frustrating thing isn't the fact that there have been no new seasonals, it's the fact that we get no news. It's always a wait and see at 11p on tue, wed or thru and now sometimes fri. lol I really don't care one way or the other if we get them or not, all I ever paid for was the game, but pd has set the expectation that they will provide new seasonals weekly. If we're not going to get them it would be nice to at least be notified in some way.

Otherwise, pd owes us 4 wks of seasonals and a new dealership. and new free content for waiting! :sly: J/K

Last edited:
Is English your first languge? when someone says their sick of something that means they don't want thing to exist at all. I never said other people's opinions make me want to vomit. I said blind fanboy opinions are like vomit to me, it's a METAPHOR. You should read other peoples posts properly before
you criticise. Btw I was pretty angry earlier, and I've already acknowledged
that my post was ott.

Let's see... insults about my intelligence and literacy combined with many typos and some ranting.

Look, man, I don't care. You wanna have a fight on the internet, find someone else to play with. I'm here to talk about an interesting game.

If you're really angry about this topic, that's a reflection on you, not the topic, my friend. Why don't you chill out? It's a fun game.

Let's see... insults about my intelligence and literacy combined with many typos and some ranting.

Look, man, I don't care. You wanna have a fight on the internet, find someone else to play with. I'm here to talk about an interesting game.

If you're really angry about this topic, that's a reflection on you, not the topic, my friend. Why don't you chill out? It's a fun game.

I'm not trying to have a fight with anyone here -except fanboys, who think that GT5 is beyond criticism. Your not reading what I write anyway. Why tell me to chill out, when I've already said that my post was ott, and it was only a game?

Actually don't bother answering, you'll only misinterpret what I'm saying..again.

BTW, It was a genuine question about your 1st language, not meant as an insult.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to have a fight with anyone here -except fanboys, who think that GT5 is beyond criticism.

Everybody has to champion something in life. I am glad you found yours.:indiff:

No need to "fight" over anything GT5 (video game) related.

2 free games from the welcome back program? You mean the bottom of the barrel worst pieces of crap that they couldnt sell anyway so they gave them to us for free? Those the ones you were talkin about? But you are right, the game is perfect and we have nothing to complain about so we should just sit back and enjoy what ever they give us and be thankful [comment removed by moderator] like good little GT5 robots.

General consensus is that (depending on your region) Infamous, Wipeout, Ratchet & Clank and Super Stardust HD are pretty nifty games. Dead Nation...meh it has its fans too I guess. Not sure what games you are referring to, but I digress...

Referring to people who don't happen to agree with you on PD's apparent obligation to provide additional challenges every week as "fanboys" or "good little GT robots" is facile. No one said the game is perfect so why imply that they did?

I see alot of people on here making excuses for PD and why new content hasnt been introduced in weeks. I think most of the people on this forum are under the misconception that there is a bunch of guys sitting in front of their monitors tapping away on keyboards until 11:59pm the day before a new seasonal somes out. Im not saying this is how PD does it but seasonals should be prepared weeks in advance so they can be checked and played before release, its only logical. The seasonals you get today should have been finished weeks ago and been waiting to be implemented. They should have a backlog of several weeks in advance so this doesnt happen because "they are moving". Proof of this is when we got the 2 seasonals in one week, they had one ready in advance and put it out early.

Now lets not forget the hacks back in april and all the time the servers were down and no new content was coming out. This had nothing to do with PD and with the servers down it should have given them not only a month to work on new seasonals, but an extra month of seasonal that didnt get released because the servers were down.

Using the move as an excuse not to put seasonals out is just ludicrous. If they cant get at least a few of their programmers moved and set up in a week then something is seriously wrong. We are talking about the japanese here people, the most disciplined and industrious people in the world, its what they do-computers+games+technical work=happy japanese worker.

I'm not trying to have a fight with anyone here -except fanboys, who think that GT5 is beyond criticism.

Funny that, you tell him he has no idea what my point is but he hit the nail on the head. We've had so many threads created about this one topic lately that I'm as sick of it as you are of fanboys (funny story, I'm not one! OMFG!) and that really, there should be one thread here for people to express their opinion in not many threads.

Chill out buddy, you could have a heart attack in the shower with that attitude...

Funny that, you tell him he has no idea what my point is but he hit the nail on the head. We've had so many threads created about this one topic lately that I'm as sick of it as you are of fanboys (funny story, I'm not one! OMFG!) and that really, there should be one thread here for people to express their opinion in not many threads.

Chill out buddy, you could have a heart attack in the shower with that attitude...

How many times do I have to say the number of people moaning and complaining BY FAR, BY FAR, BY FAR outnumber the "fanboys" on this forum any more.

How many times do I have to say the number of people moaning and complaining BY FAR, BY FAR, BY FAR outnumber the "fanboys" on this forum any more.

So what does that tell you? It tells me that more and more people are getting sick of waiting and not getting what was promised. It tells me that if the moaners and complainers BY FAR, BY FAR, BY FAR outnumber the fanboys, then the moaners and complainers must be right.

There could be a seasonal update within the next two hours. If not I'll not expect anything until around the same time next week.

Once again... all those people have written this issue is a emotional immaturity. Learn mind your business without add statement to be told.

Why can't everyone just STFU? I'm not trying to put any gasoline on this flame, but srsly, it gets annoying

Its going on a month now and thats just getting to the point of rediculous. Now before you all start posting about the whining you have to understand how some of us play. I have to balance my gameplay between work, sleep, taking care of my daughter, taking care of my house, my pc MMO that I pay $15 a month for, and any other real life situation that adults face. When I play I dont have hours and hours to sit in front of the tv grinding tracks for cash. I have maybe an hour or two when I can sit down and enjoy the game and what I enjoy is new challenges and races. Sure I could go into a single spec race and hinder my car to the point where it is slightly competitive but now Im taking up precious time doing all that instead of just driving and having fun.

I understand that there was some sort of move but I work construction and I have set up a complete machinery line in a factory from bare floor to the machine producing items in a week. I think PD should be able to move a few computers and get some of their people back on the game in less than 3 weeks so they can add updates. They were the ones that said "weekly updates" so Yes i think we do have a reason complain when it goes 3-4 weeks without one.

👍

I was happy with what came on the disc. Everything else has just been a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Define "unfinished" for me. I think they did release a complete, but imperfect game. It wasn't as "finished" as they may have preferred, but if they waited until everything was absolutely perfect it still wouldn't have been released. I got my money's worth in playing time. Hours and hours of racing and I didn't even manage to delve into photomode or the Course Editor. GT5 is fine.

Get off your high horse. You're not the only professional or adult on these forums. For someone who apparently works so hard and knows the value of relaxation time, you seem to have a hard time being grateful for the time you do spend playing GT5. Honestly, if this game's about to give you an ulcer and you aren't having fun - play something else.

Didn't you get two free games from the Welcome Back program? Play those! You have a career and expendable income, go buy a different game! These are video games to be played for fun. If fun is not what you're having then go do something else. Crying on a forum won't fix your issues.

What're you, a fanboy? You're honestly going to come on here and say you were happy with the content on the disc you purchased for 60 dollars? AND you're going to try to defend the completeness of the game? You got your money's worth in playing time by grinding the same races over and over again just to have the same result...over and over again. I mean I'm not trying to bust your balls but if that's what interests you and stimulates your attention then great - this game was made for you. However for the many other people who had higher expectations for the game than you, the seasonals provide a nice reason to start up GT5 once a week rather than just let it collect dust after everything has been completed. To be honest I've expected a complete expansion by now but I guess that was me being too optimistic. It's not like the PD staff is off ****ing around every day, they're going to work just like everyone else. So what is it that they actually do 8 hours a day if they're not working on making a mediocre game better for the people who truly expected a more fulfilling game?

I just ran across some information that explains everything but first this will explain why we get so pissed about not getting seasonals for a month straight. This from their new and info section from jan 2011.

"Our thanks to you all for you participation in the Seasonal Events!

From this point the Seasonal Events will generally be updated on Thursday every week at 04:00 (GMT).

Please note that the timing of these updates may vary by +/- 1 day, we recommend checking the distribution periods as listed in the Event list screen.

Make sure to keep an eye out for extra Special Events not included in the periodic updates! These will be notified separately in our news section."

Now what I just found out, and many of you probably already know this, is as follows in the exerpt from the polyphony digital homepage.

"Polyphony Digital Inc. is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Polyphony Digital began as a development team within SCE, but became an independent company in 1998, the year after the release of its first title, Gran Turismo."

So, for every time I bashed PD I apologize, I should have been bashing Sony. Finding out that sony owns and runs PD makes it all so clear now. Sony is such a screwed up company with pisspoor management its no wonder we cant get updates when we are suppose to.

It explains nothing other than a general and rough timeline as to when we might get seasonals, not a 'promise' or set in stone contract.

It explains nothing other than a general and rough timeline as to when we might get seasonals, not a 'promise' or set in stone contract.

A rough timeline? So if your boss tells you that you will get paid every thursday +/- a day, then doesnt pay you for a month, are you gonna be pissed? Well it wasnt a promise or set in stone contract so they can pay you whenever they feel like right? ya, great argument on sony's behalf there mitch.

A rough timeline? So if your boss tells you that you will get paid every thursday +/- a day, then doesnt pay you for a month, are you gonna be pissed? Well it wasnt a promise or set in stone contract so they can pay you whenever they feel like right? ya, great argument on sony's behalf there mitch.

Sorry but thats a piss poor argument. If my boss didn't pay me ofcourse I'd be aggravated, not getting something that's free however doesn't upset me in the slightest. See the difference in what you're trying to talk about? I do and it's quite significant...

Reading this thread is hilarious, I love all you guys, +/- some amount of love.
Possibly meaning I love some of you zero amount. Meaning some of you recieve no love, even though I previously said I love you all.:crazy:

I feel when I pay for a game that says, "Network Features", I am paying for those Network Features.
They shouldn't be erratic and unpredictable, not that sony or PD care about that :\
I mean the whole of PSN went down, why would they care if PD don't update their seasonals :P
I hate seasonals anyway, only thing that frustrates me is not having a competitive time trial to play when I do log on.

Back