Will We Be Getting The KW Suspension Testing System

United States
Adrian, Mich.
cargorat323
CargoRatt
Will we be getting the KW Suspension Testing System that was mentioned here: https://www.gtplanet.net/kw-7-post-rig-gt6/

Mr. Yamauchi

I politely ask that you give this question some serious thought in giving us the status of this feature that was mentioned in the above link. This feature could be an invaluable tool for us tuners. Not only would it benefit us tuners, but the benefits would also trickle down to the more casual player who doesn't wish/have the time/knowledge to tune their own cars and for those reasons we the tuners could provide them with the best tunes possible. So yes, this feature could end up benefitting the community as a whole and in turn, make the game more enjoyable for everyone by having the best tuned cars possible. Thank you sir for taking the time to read my question, really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so. Thanks for your work on the GT series in general and look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Mitch "GTP_CargoRatt"
Time Trial Warrior & Dedicated Tuner

Last edited:
Kind of but there a few questions that are very vague cover alls of fairly large groups of questions. For instance the 'will there be more customization?' Is being used to block many interesting smaller questions and suggestions. And such a large all enveloping question will only garner a 'We are working on some things for the future' vague answer.

Best to be more precise and focused in each question IMHO.

Supporting this topic so hard right now

you guys can't even handle how hard i'm supporting this topic

Probably not even close to how hard I'm supporting it. ;) This is my number 1 most wanted feature, then the livery editor. Everything else just doesn't matter. :sly: Give me these two things, I'll be the most happiest man. I tell you what, if Kaz gave us these two things, I would walk to the corner store dressed in nothing but one of my gf's thongs. :lol::lol::lol: (There you go Kaz, make me do it, :sly::mischievous: I dare you.)

;)

Ok, back on topic. How exactly can we use this 7 post rig?

Read the link I have provided in the OP. If you still have further questions, use Google to help you further understand its uses. 👍

Here, I made it easy for you. Taken from the link:

"After a discussion with Michael Grassi, Head of Motorsport Sales and Technical Support at KW Automotive GmbH, it was revealed that players will be able to fine tune suspension systems using KW’s “7-post” test environment which is as detailed:
The 7-post mode is reserved for the so-called track replay mode. First of all, data has to be collected at the race track which is then evaluated at the test stand. The data record can only be used for identical car constructions.
At the chassis, three solid attachment points have to be created for the three additional hydraulic cylinders which supply lateral inclination, downthrust and other car body movements during the test run.
As you can gather, this level of authenticity will allow players to continually test, tweak, and re-test the cars suspension systems, getting it just right before heading out to the track."

Here is a link that may also be of interest to you. http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/ Go ahead, snoop around. :lol:

Last edited:
This is one thing that I can't wait to see. If for no other reason than to understand the thought behind it! (And then learning how to use it... ;) )

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that this had completely passed me by until reading the link in the OP. I had assumed, wrongly, that the rig was just a mention of something PD had been using when developing the suspension model. I genuinely had no idea that it was a planned feature. 👍

Thanks so much for your support so far guys/girls. Hopefully we can get some more votes so we can make sure we get this question answered, or at least get some light shed on it. Thanks again everyone, really appreciate it. :bowdown:

EDIT: Re-wrote the OP. I felt Mr. Yamauchi at least deserved a little more detail as to why my question is being asked as opposed to just having a question thrown at him with no real reason as to why the question is being asked. I hope I done right and made the rest of the community proud. :scared:

Last edited:
As a newb at tuning suspensions, I'm really looking forward to this, and hope it shows up within a reasonable span of time.

Can we get some more votes here please so we can at least have a chance at getting this question answered. This feature has the potential of really helping us out in the tuning community thus providing better quality tunes for the rest of the masses. I know there are more than just the 150 here that are always asking/looking for a tune for a specific event or whatever. With this feature we as tuners will be able to better provide you with what you are asking for. I honestly think this question is just as important to get answered as the ones in the top 5 for the simple reason it has, if implemented, the potential to affect everyone who plays the game and wants a good quality tune. Yes, this is probably only something that only us tuners will be able to understand and use, but clearly others will benefit from our use of it. So please, more votes so maybe we can find out if this is indeed going to be implemented into the game or not. :cheers:

This was a huge interest to me, prior to the 🤬-storm that came as PD continued to miss/avoid/forget about all the other features that GT6 was supposed to come with.

Hopefully this gets answered, that way we at least know whether or not they dropped the ball, again.

This was a huge interest to me, prior to the 🤬-storm that came as PD continued to miss/avoid/forget about all the other features that GT6 was supposed to come with.

Hopefully this gets answered, that way we at least know whether or not they dropped the ball, again.

Yea, now that he seems to be answering questions, perhaps we can get some more votes and move this one up the list. With camber now being fixed, we could really use this system with good results. Come on people, help us tuners help you.....with this system we could produce some really quality tunes. We need to get Kaz's attention in regards to this feature to get some answers from him regarding this very useful feature. I've said this before, this feature not only will benefit the tuners, but also the community as a whole in getting the best tunes possible. Please, more votes. :cheers:

Maybe someday we'll get some information on this as it pertains to it being added to the game.

Yes, that was my sly way of bumping this thread for exposure. :sly:

I doubt we get this since PD never actually announced it.

Prior example: Red Bull saying Pikes Peak was going to be in GT5...

I doubt we get this since PD never actually announced it.

Prior example: Red Bull saying Pikes Peak was going to be in GT5...

They didn't? Apparently you didn't read the link I provided in the OP. They, PD, pretty much said that it was going to be in the game. Your example can't be compared because that is RB saying it, not PD. I wouldn't believe anything a sponsor or another company says. I mean yea, its getting hard to believe anything Kaz says, but he is the developer so I would hold more stock in what he says as opposed to another company.

They didn't? Apparently you didn't read the link I provided in the OP. They, PD, pretty much said that it was going to be in the game. Your example can't be compared because that is RB saying it, not PD. I wouldn't believe anything a sponsor or another company says. I mean yea, its getting hard to believe anything Kaz says, but he is the developer so I would hold more stock in what he says as opposed to another company.
Except Kaz didn't say that. PD didn't say it at all. A man from KW did. And while he did make it sound as if it is confirmed, he is definitely not a member of PD, and even more definitely not Kaz.

I'm not the one that's wrong here...

After a discussion with Michael Grassi, Head of Motorsport Sales and Technical Support at KW Automotive GmbH, it was revealed that players will be able to fine tune suspension systems using KW’s “7-post” test environment which is as detailed:

The 7-post mode is reserved for the so-called track replay mode. First of all, data has to be collected at the race track which is then evaluated at the test stand. The data record can only be used for identical car constructions.

At the chassis, three solid attachment points have to be created for the three additional hydraulic cylinders which supply lateral inclination, downthrust and other car body movements during the test run.

Ok, I can't find the link right now, I'll look again later, but I know I read somewhere where Kaz himself confirmed what was said in that article and that it would be featured in the game. I gotta leave for a bit, but I'll look for that article when I get back.

I'd be the first to say; this would be a FINE and resoundingly GOOD addition to the GT franchise.
It would in-fact help make GT the "Real Driving Simulator" (tm - if and as required by licensing...)
Did I mention I am 1000% in support of this?

Back