Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 414 comments

Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?

• Yes, I had enough of PD. This way I can play Forza and Pcars.

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • No, I am still loyal to Sony. I'll get a PS4 and play Pcars.

Votes: 43 13.0%
  • No, I don't care about Standard cars being in the game. I love GT, will still get GT7 regardless.

Votes: 214 64.7%
  • I would love to go XBone for Forza but its lower performance compared to PS4 is holding me back.

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • No more consoles for me, I will only play on PC from now on.

Votes: 37 11.2%

• Total voters
Bought a PS4 recently...now the wait begins...it hurts a little, having a shiny new console and no GT to play on it...Oh, and no...No plans to dump GT or by an Xbox One.

Really, in GT6 they displayed an impressive job with revamping most exterior car models. I don't think I would switch to a ripoff console and abandon an amazing series because a few cars have blank interiors. By GT7 all cars should have a revamped exterior model. Interiors? I don't really care.

Really, in GT6 they displayed an impressive job with revamping most exterior car models. I don't think I would switch to a ripoff console and abandon an amazing series because a few cars have blank interiors. By GT7 all cars should have a revamped exterior model. Interiors? I don't really care.

Most exterior car models? Try about 70 out of nearly 800! I believe there are less than 400 premiums, how any game can consider itself a simulation without interiors I have no idea. I have yet to actually drive a car while sitting on the bumper, bonnet or roof...that simulates absolutely nothing.

As much as I'd like the bold part to be true, there's absolutely no indication that it's being worked on, or will be ready for launch if it is. As @MustangManiac points out, we received 70 cars for launch and I'll point out, not a single car has been updated for release into GT6. It's possible they are just holding off for GT7 but we have no indication either way so saying they should all be ready for GT7 is just wishful thinking.

Most exterior car models? Try about 70 out of nearly 800! I believe there are less than 400 premiums, how any game can consider itself a simulation without interiors I have no idea. I have yet to actually drive a car while sitting on the bumper, bonnet or roof...that simulates absolutely nothing.

False. The focal point of 'bumper/driver's eye' view has actually been established to be located within the cockpit at eye level height in the front row of the car.. albeit the center.

So bumper view is very correct in simulation terms, hood and roof cam the obvious one's out of line. I always say that interior view is in fact less realistic than 'bumper' (currently) because in RL your eyes will be focusing outwards past the dash.. in cockpit view you're using up valuable pixels just to display the interior which to me throws off the whole experience.. it's not how we are see out of a car in RL.

False. The focal point of 'bumper/driver's eye' view has actually been established to be located within the cockpit at eye level height in the front row of the car.. albeit the center.

So bumper view is very correct in simulation terms, hood and roof cam the obvious one's out of line. I always say that interior view is in fact less realistic than 'bumper' (currently) because in RL your eyes will be focusing outwards past the dash.. in cockpit view you're using up valuable pixels just to display the interior which to me throws off the whole experience.. it's not how we are see out of a car in RL.
You should mail that to Japan so Kaz can use it for explaining the blacked out interiors on PS4 (when cornered... if someone actually finds him).

But i agree with you though, ideally the cockpit view should be closer to the windscreen for realistically portraying what a driver sees IRL. Something like this:

gSrNp4s.jpg

You should mail that to Japan so Kaz can use it for explaining the blacked out interiors on PS4 (when cornered... if someone actually finds him).

But i agree with you though, ideally the cockpit view should be closer to the windscreen for realistically portraying what a driver sees IRL. Something like this:

gSrNp4s.jpg
Which is entirely possible in sims like Assetto Corsa and will be done on sims like Project Cars on the PS4, so we know this stuff is entirely possible and not just wishful thinking. in AC you can move up and down, left and right, change the viewing angle up or down, along with FOV obviously, removing the steering wheel, driver animation etc. I almost never drove cockpit in GT because there is no real adjustment to it and it never felt quite "right", yet in AC I drive nothing but cockpit and it feels perfect. Options...options...and more options...

Bumper view isn't what I would call "very correct", because it doesn't take into account that when sitting in a car, one doesn't have unlimited view with zero obstructions. Race cars in particular, have seriously limited views. Yes your focal point is the track ahead, but your window on that track is very small, the opposite of "bumper view" (I'd just call it no car view) where you have literally no obstructions to your view, which is entirely unrealistic. @mister dog 's photo above looks about right to me, providing limited view, but not having most of the screen taken up by cockpit. The problem is the cockpit view in GT, not the cockpit view in general.

Last edited:

gSrNp4s.jpg

Yup that view would be optimal. I have a feeling PD is deliberatly not giving us that viewpoint because all their hard work modeling interiors would be for nothing.. so it's either adore the interior using nearly 50% of the screen or get right 'out' of the car and get nothing. But it's kinda nice be have selectable sound now.. of course I'm using interior sound.

Look at the thread comparing 5 and 6 ' standards and realise how wrong you are.

PD have updated most of them greatly.

Yup that view would be optimal. I have a feeling PD is deliberatly not giving us that viewpoint because all their hard work modeling interiors would be for nothing.. so it's either adore the interior using nearly 50% of the screen or get right 'out' of the car and get nothing. But it's kinda nice be have selectable sound now.. of course I'm using interior sound.
Indeed same with Forza, although i must say it's nice to see those dashboards so beautifully recreated. The only thing they should do is to add an option to have a closer view (like my picture from Grid AS above), but if i remember correctly GT5 already had it but it didn't work very good.

As much as I'd like the bold part to be true, there's absolutely no indication that it's being worked on, or will be ready for launch if it is. As @MustangManiac points out, we received 70 cars for launch and I'll point out, not a single car has been updated for release into GT6. It's possible they are just holding off for GT7 but we have no indication either way so saying they should all be ready for GT7 is just wishful thinking.

Yes, but GT7 is still a couple years away. I thought it could be safe to assume most cars would be premium by then.

They are already confirmed in a way, so...
Anyway, I'm sticking with Playstation as always, and it goes the same with Sony products in general. But anyway, that's just me.

Buying my XBOX ONE tomorrow. Kinda tired of the GT-Series now, so I want to play Forza exclusively for the next months, and then I might return to GT6 after a long time. I might even wait for GT7 to come out before I touch GT again. But you never know...

I think what you may be seeing is the difference in 5 and 6's graphics. As stated, they updated 70 standards to premiums at launch and not another single car has been updated and released since.

I think what you may be seeing is the difference in 5 and 6's graphics. As stated, they updated 70 standards to premiums at launch and not another single car has been updated and released since.
Nope. Texturing, and modelling. Example, look at the wheel arch lines on the GT5 standard A110 then do the same with the GT6 version. Smoother, more geometry added, the bump maps for smaller details have been sharpened etc.

Nope. Texturing, and modelling. Example, look at the wheel arch lines on the GT5 standard A110 then do the same with the GT6 version. Smoother, more geometry added, the bump maps for smaller details have been sharpened etc.
The A110 in GT6 is a premium, not an upgraded standard.

OK, you win, I'm not going to argue with someone who will not accept facts. There have been 70 upgraded standards released for GT6...period. Any other changes I attribute to upgraded graphics in general, you attribute to something else, I guess we will just have to agree to dis-agree on that point. All I know is that using 10+ year old models on a brand new next-gen console, touched up or not, is a joke...IMHO :)

alpine_a110-1600s-_73-72_021-jpg.97638

They modeled shutlines for some of the body panels, added what looks like a grand total of 6 vertices on the front bumper rubber cap and increased the resolution of the licence plate graphic. They did so much "texturing" that they neglected to actually remove the low resolution painted on panel gaps when they modeled actual panel gaps.

Incidentally, those sorts of minor detail changes like that, while certainly something that would have been appreciated for GT5, are the whole extent of what they changed on most of the Standard cars they actually touched. They aren't even in the same time zone of the Standard cars that they actually updated, like the RUF models.

But Whooo! JUST CAN'T HANDLE THOSE "GREATLY" UPDATED STANDARDS!

Last edited:
Looking at the above comparison you have to wonder why would they even waste time on updating a standard model when there is a nearly identical premium model available (yeah, the amount of improvement is pretty small, but still PD could have used the time to improve a standard that doesn't have a premium counterpart).

Except for the chrome trim on the side and a few badges, The '72 and '73 Alpines seem to have almost identical exteriors, so wouldn't it make more sense to just apply those differences to the premium one?

I think the C5 Corvette is in the same situation, there is a premium one and a standard one that was slightly improved in GT6, instead of just taking the premium one and making slight changes..

Last edited:
That last one is probably for the best. The C5 Corvette Premium has always looked ropey, to the extent that the Standard is probably the more accurate model even if the technical detail is way lower.

Hmm, I can't really agree on that. The C5 is probably the worst premium model along with the mk4 Golf, as both models have very noticable poly edges, but I don't see any accuracy problems compared to the real car.

It's not a big deal, I think we can both agree that when it comes to the C5 they should have ditched the standard and used the time they wasted improving the standard on improving the premium one.

Looking at the above comparison you have to wonder why would they even waste time on updating a standard model when there is a nearly identical premium model available (yeah, the amount of improvement is pretty small, but still PD could have used the time to improve a standard that doesn't have a premium counterpart).

Except for the chrome trim on the side and a few badges, The '72 and '73 Alpines seem to have almost identical exteriors, so wouldn't it make more sense to just apply those differences to the premium one?

I think the C5 Corvette is in the same situation, there is a premium one and a standard one that was slightly improved in GT6, instead of just taking the premium one and making slight changes..
It's possible that they did the slight upgrade to the standard Alpine before they were certain it was going to be upgraded to premium. I mean we're only talking a few minutes work on the Alpine, the differences are so minute.

alpine_a110-1600s-_73-72_021-jpg.97638

They modeled shutlines for some of the body panels, added what looks like a grand total of 6 vertices on the front bumper rubber cap and increased the resolution of the licence plate graphic. They did so much "texturing" that they neglected to actually remove the low resolution painted on panel gaps when they modeled actual panel gaps.

Incidentally, those sorts of minor detail changes like that, while certainly something that would have been appreciated for GT5, are the whole extent of what they changed on most of the Standard cars they actually touched. They aren't even in the same time zone of the Standard cars that they actually updated, like the RUF models.

But Whooo! JUST CAN'T HANDLE THOSE "GREATLY" UPDATED STANDARDS!
The accusation was that they have not updated any but 80 standards. This isn't the best example but even then it shows changes despite the claims otherwise.

It's possible that they did the slight upgrade to the standard Alpine before they were certain it was going to be upgraded to premium. I mean we're only talking a few minutes work on the Alpine, the differences are so minute.
I take it you have little experience 3 modelling then...

Back