Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 414 comments

Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?

• Yes, I had enough of PD. This way I can play Forza and Pcars.

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • No, I am still loyal to Sony. I'll get a PS4 and play Pcars.

Votes: 43 13.0%
  • No, I don't care about Standard cars being in the game. I love GT, will still get GT7 regardless.

Votes: 214 64.7%
  • I would love to go XBone for Forza but its lower performance compared to PS4 is holding me back.

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • No more consoles for me, I will only play on PC from now on.

Votes: 37 11.2%

• Total voters
I have played Forza before but I don't think it's worth buying a Xbox just for it.
No single game is worth buying any console just for that one single game.

Forza is not as realistic driving-wise, and it full of people who refer to tracks as "maps".

Thus, I will stick with my favorite GT series.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ok.

1. Yes, I had enough of PD. This way I can play Forza and Pcars:
2. No, I am still loyal to Sony. I'll get a PS4 and play Pcars.
3. No, I don't care about Standard cars being in the game. I love GT, will still get GT7 regardless.
4. I would love to go XBone for Forza but its lower performance compared to PS4 is holding me back.
5. No more consoles for me, I will only play on PC from now on.
To be fair, Pro-GT has the best odds in this post, so thats not exactly biased against something is it?
2/5 Pro-GT
1/5 for a new game/console
1/5 Xbox Sux so I'll stick with it. (not sure if I should count this as a pro or a con)
1/5 screw consoles.

Re reading what you wrote I think I have misunderstood. Still though I'll just leave it up just incase.

To be fair, Pro-GT has the best odds in this post, so thats not exactly biased against something is it?
2/5 Pro-GT
1/5 Xbox Sux so I'll stick with it. (not sure if I should count this as a pro or a con)
1/5 screw consoles.

Re reading what you wrote I think I have misunderstood. Still though I'll just leave it up just incase.
Look. Forza is made mainly for people who play Modern Warfare, get bored with that and want to do something else. GT is definitely more for an enthusiast type of crowd, and there's a reason GT Academy drivers are so good.

2/5 Pro-GT
1/5 screw consoles.

The answer about the XBone's performance isn't necessarily suggesting to stay with GT. Its just odd because its not defined towards either choice.

Look. Forza is made mainly for people who play Modern Warfare, get bored with that and want to do something else. GT is definitely more for an enthusiast type of crowd, and there's a reason GT Academy drivers are so good.
:lol: what I'm wondering is how you are going to prove this? You're one funny guy. Just stop while you can.

The ones I didn't bold is the only one that isn't against GT. Now keep in mind this is supposed to be whether you'll go XBone for Forza or get GT7 (PS4) yet the other options are strictly to play something other then GT.
Neither the title of the thread, the question in the poll, nor the OP itself says anything about "go XBone for Forza" so your point is invalid from the get go. Clearly the OP left it open enough to include things like PCars or PC options in his poll.

2/5 Pro-GT
1/5 screw consoles.

I'm not going to buy a Xbox because it's a waste of money.

Neither the title of the thread, the question in the poll, nor the OP itself says anything about "go XBone for Forza" so your point is invalid from the get go. Clearly the OP left it open enough to include things like PCars or PC options in his poll.

One of the answers has Forza right in it (along with PCARs admittingly) and considering its XBone exclusive, it would seem to be the logical game, not to say PCARS isn't a option either but its multiplatform therefore its not necessarily a reason you might want to go XBone (At least I don't think you would ;) )

My point wasn't about going just to XBone (an assumption I'll admit, but not my main point), my point was the pole seemed entirely pointed at not chossing GT most of the time (Excluding the odd one about its performance, which is just odd overall considering its not at all clear).

I'm not going to buy a Xbox because it's a waste of money.
Yeah, it would be if your just thinking about one game. I sure got my moneys worth though.

My point wasn't about going just to XBone (an assumption I'll admit, but not my main point), my point was the pole seemed entirely pointed at not chossing GT most of the time (Excluding the odd one about its performance, which is just odd overall considering its not at all clear).
Excluding that one odd one, the poll is half in favor of GT, with the other two not really having much in common with each other. 50% for GT, 25% for Forza/Xbox One(and pcars) and 25% neither. I'm not seeing it the same way you seem to be.

Excluding that one odd one, the poll is half in favor of GT, with the other two not really having much in common with each other. 50% for GT, 25% for Forza/Xbox One(and pcars) and 25% neither. I'm not seeing it the same way you seem to be.

One answer is for XBone (PCARS or Forza), one answer is for PS4 (BUT for PCARS) and One is for PC Only (which is any sim on it). Maybe I'm misinterpreting it here, but that seems overwhelming to the lone answer that says sticking with GT.

One of the answers has Forza right in it (along with PCARs admittingly) and considering its XBone exclusive, it would seem to be the logical game, not to say PCARS isn't a option either but its multiplatform therefore its not necessarily a reason you might want to go XBone (At least I don't think you would ;) )

PCars would be even more reason to go to XBone for those not enamoured with the GT franchise, that wouldn't buy the console for just one game. PCars will likely be the sim racer of the current console generation unless there's something else in development I'm not aware of so if you're unhappy with the state of GT and want to try Forza, PCars gives you the option of the more casual Forza + Forza Horizon + PCars. There's literally only one reason to get a PS4 and that's GT7 and based on what I've read in these forums the last few months that's no longer an automatic buy for many people, certainly not for me and most of the guys I raced with on PS during GT5.

Still not seeing your bias in the poll. It looks more like this in short form:

1. Xbone + Forza + Pcars
2. PS4 + Pcars
3. PS4 + GT7
4. PS4 is better than the XBone
5. PC all the way.

The one that doesn't fit is actually #4 because it can be included as part of the reasoning for choosing options 2 and 3. In reality the poll is heavily skewed towards the PS4 since it is 3/5 options. No poll is ever fully fleshed out, there are tons of options and combinations that could be included here like no more gaming it's all bs or PS4 + Xbone or PS4 + PC etc.

Still the basics are covered IMO.

Last edited:
One answer is for XBone (PCARS or Forza), one answer is for PS4 (BUT for PCARS) and One is for PC Only (which is any sim on it). Maybe I'm misinterpreting it here, but that seems overwhelming to the lone answer that says sticking with GT.
While the second poll option doesnt necessarily say its Pro GT, it does come off in such a way, while including PCars. Thats where I'm making the assumption that 50% is pro gt.

Although I guess that second option can sound like it goes either way, though.

:lol: what I'm wondering is how you are going to prove this? You're one funny guy. Just stop while you can.
Because "I said so" I guess.

I'm a GT fan, I will get a PS4 (even if my brother is willing to pay for an XBone) and I will get GT7 regardless of the standard cars, because I don't really care about them too much. I'd take some of the duplicates out of course, to reduce the pointless cars in the dealerships, but I can't complain about anything else really in terms of car lists.

One thing I do see in GT more than I did in Forza 3 and 4 is a certain.. Passion, for lack of a better word, to conserve the history of cars and racing drivers. It's taught a few people I know about Senna, Andretti and even, for some reason, Sebastin Loeb which is why I see GT in a different light to Forza or GRiD.

I know it's flaws all to well, and I expect nothing from PD to save dissapointment, but at the same time I just don't get the same vibe from any other racing game, which means I'm naturally biased towards GT of course.

One thing I do see in GT more than I did in Forza 3 and 4 is a certain.. Passion, for lack of a better word, to conserve the history of cars and racing drivers. It's taught a few people I know about Senna, Andretti and even, for some reason, Sebastin Loeb which is why I see GT in a different light to Forza or GRiD.
That is true, but I like what Forza did with bringing in some random racers into their rivals bounty. Made for some fun competition with in the Rivals hotlapping section. I dont remember exactly who they brought in, and it probably wasnt to the magnitude of the legends you posted. I remember one was an up and coming grassroots drifter that was entering in Formula D. They also brought in some random celebs too, but that was a bit awkward because they usually weren't much of a challange :lol:

I agree with you though. GT is an encyclopedia of knowledge on the sport as well as just cars in general. I would catch my self reading through those cards every once in a while.

That is true, but I like what Forza did with bringing in some random racers into their rivals bounty. Made for some fun competition with in the Rivals hotlapping section. I dont remember exactly who they brought in, and it probably wasnt to the magnitude of the legends you posted. I remember one was an up and coming grassroots drifter that was entering in Formula D. They also brought in some random celebs too, but that was a bit awkward because they usually weren't much of a challange :lol:

I agree with you though. GT is an encyclopedia of knowledge on the sport as well as just cars in general. I would catch my self reading through those cards every once in a while.
Really? I've never actually heard about that. Actually seems quite interesting.

And I find myself reading car descriptions with the GT Apex app, and other little things too.

Really? I've never actually heard about that. Actually seems quite interesting.

And I find myself reading car descriptions with the GT Apex app, and other little things too.
Yeah, once a month they would bring in a new bounty (I think it was once a month?) More often then not it was actually a celebrity, but they had the right idea atleast :lol: I think one time they had a baseball player?

Although, this was back on FM4. I haven't seen any of this in FM5, but hopefully they bring that back in FM6. It was fun for me as I was hot lapping all the time.

No, because we already know standard cars will be in GT7 and I don't want to swap wheels on my racing rig.

Jerome

Yeah, once a month they would bring in a new bounty (I think it was once a month?) More often then not it was actually a celebrity, but they had the right idea atleast :lol: I think one time they had a baseball player?

Although, this was back on FM4. I haven't seen any of this in FM5, but hopefully they bring that back in FM6. It was fun for me as I was hot lapping all the time.
I had FM4 and I missed this? Whaaaa?

Well... Still have but my brother took it away and sold it. That banoffee

PCars would be even more reason to go to XBone for those not enamoured with the GT franchise, that wouldn't buy the console for just one game. PCars will likely be the sim racer of the current console generation unless there's something else in development I'm not aware of so if you're unhappy with the state of GT and want to try Forza, PCars gives you the option of the more casual Forza + Forza Horizon + PCars. There's literally only one reason to get a PS4 and that's GT7 and based on what I've read in these forums the last few months that's no longer an automatic buy for many people, certainly not for me and most of the guys I raced with on PS during GT5.

if you are solely interested in a Sim, then yes GT7 would be the only reason to get a PS4 (unless you hate GT but also have an undying hatred for Microsoft so you get it only for Project CARS. Funky scenario, but there's..funkier). Could've sworn though that Driveclub was another choice on PS4 as it has all the current cars people want as does PCARS (most of them Track based, but still).

Still not seeing your bias in the poll. It looks more like this in short form:

1. Xbone + Forza + Pcars
2. PS4 + Pcars
3. PS4 + GT7
4. PS4 is better than the XBone
5. PC all the way.

The one that doesn't fit is actually #4 because it can be included as part of the reasoning for choosing options 2 and 3. In reality the poll is heavily skewed towards the PS4 since it is 3/5 options. No poll is ever fully fleshed out, there are tons of options and combinations that could be included here like no more gaming it's all bs or PS4 + Xbone or PS4 + PC etc.

Still the basics are covered IMO.

When you put it like that, I can see how it could actually go that direction. Just seemed weird because all the other options are defined whereas this one was just left open and undefined.

if you are solely interested in a Sim, then yes GT7 would be the only reason to get a PS4 (unless you hate GT but also have an undying hatred for Microsoft so you get it only for Project CARS. Funky scenario, but there's..funkier). Could've sworn though that Driveclub was another choice on PS4 as it has all the current cars people want as does PCARS (most of them Track based, but still).

When you put it like that, I can see how it could actually go that direction. Just seemed weird because all the other options are defined whereas this one was just left open and undefined.
I have little interest in arcade games especially combined with open world driving so DC doesn't interest me even with it's stunning visuals. PCars is available on every platform even the Wii, so you can choose any option and still get the game. And now faced with buying one console or the other or a more expensive gaming PC made quite a bit cheaper if you have a Logitec/Fanatec wheel and don't have to buy a new TM wheel, there are many more options on the table. I think PD really shot themselves in the foot making GT6 their swan song on the PS3 although I'm sure GT7 will continue to sell well, the series still has a lot of momentum.

I played Forza for over two years. It was full of people like that. GT has a MUCH better online community.

:lol:
As with any game it depends on who you race with.

GT6 is fine with a good club, terrible with quick matches, ok at times with a random lobby. Id say the same is probably correct with FM, but I don't have much experience with it as I only played with friends.

I played Forza for over two years. It was full of people like that. GT has a MUCH better online community.

:lol:
No it doesn't :lol: they are both horrible. Online in general is horrible across all platforms. The fact that you in yourself just posted something as ignorant as that proves it.

No it doesn't :lol: they are both horrible. Online in general is horrible across all platforms. The fact that you in yourself just posted something as ignorant as that proves it.
Look, it really does. You are just ignoring it because you feel entitled to. The community of gt is just so much nicer, less screaming children, more good racers and some awesome lobbies to try out your tunes. Yes, online is not perfect but for me it is damn good.
santa smiley count: V

Look, it really does. You are just ignoring it because you feel entitled to. The community of gt is just so much nicer, less screaming children, more good racers and some awesome lobbies to try out your tunes. Yes, online is not perfect but for me it is damn good.
santa smiley count: V
Entitled? I guess you can say that. It's funny how you can claim something as ridiculous as that, yet talk about how great the community is. With you saying it its not meaning much.

Entitled? I guess you can say that. It's funny how you can claim something as ridiculous as that, yet talk about how great the community is. With you saying it its not meaning much.
I'm not sure how much the quality of random racers in open lobbies means the game is aimed at CoD: MW players who don't like racing.

they have started making semipremiums from standars so i except that thing to be finished on gt7.
Including the black letterbox interiors?
Can't wait to see that, tracks and surroundings in beautiful high def and next gen detail, and then... "let's hop in our letterbox and drive a car"!

Including the black letterbox interiors?
Can't wait to see that, tracks and surroundings in beautiful high def and next gen detail, and then... "let's hop in our letterbox and drive a car"!
Maybe they'll just directly port Trial Mountain and Deep Forest and other "standard" tracks and the "semi-premiums without interiors or separate body panels" will only be usable there:lol: I can see it now:

Experience GT Classic Mode to regain the feel of Gran Turismo 3-6 at Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. All the thrills and chills of classic GT racing, without that silly dashboard to distract you:

003.jpg

Back