Will you pay for the Red Bull Ring?

Assuming the RBR is solo without any other content, how much would you pay for it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. Over 50% of GTP'ers won't pay even a penny for one DLC track. Tells you a lot about the state of the game IMO. Thank you to everyone that voted.👍👍

IMO it tells you a lot about about the rampant feeling of entitlement in todays culture.

IMO it tells you a lot about about the rampant feeling of entitlement in todays culture.
Haha, that too Matski, that too:tup:👍. The cost of DLC is never an issue with me as I know the marketplace has set a range of prices and they are all relatively small. My main concern is what's in the DLC and so long as it's good and useful content, within a well designed game I'd like to continue to play, I'm willing to pay for DLC every time.

Expect this thread to be closed shortly.:cool:

Most unexpected ending of a thread ever.

If this another game, then hoping the content free is like hoping you will be richer than Bill Gates.

Very interesting. Over 50% of GTP'ers won't pay even a penny for one DLC track. Tells you a lot about the state of the game IMO. Thank you to everyone that voted.👍👍

I agree. It also shows that people still don't have 100% trust in PD.

Or they're not interested in that particular track and as such would only download it if it were free?

The moment I saw that track I let out a disgruntled sigh and said "Well that looks dull" and moved on, naturally - I'm not going to pay for it. I fail to see how that makes me entitled?

Sounds like quite the big and very baseless assumption to me.

I won't pay Forza DLC eather. Is that telling you the same! :P

No, I wouldn't. It would devide online play as they changed the DLC track rules on GT5 later on and friends who didn't have SSRX or Spa just ended up leaving when we went there.

Now I would pay them if the game was in a proper, finished as advertised state and if this track wasn't another blatant product placement like almost all the partnership releases so far. I would also pay for Zahara de la Sierra simply because it is such a huge project and not sponsored, but apparently it's so huge it won't be released on PS3.

I suggest to change the thread title to "Would you pay for the RBR?" because currently it sounds misleading.

I would pay for it. Also very good surprise. I never did a lap on new layout. A1 ring was one of my favorite tracks in older F1 games. This week F1 race is on the track so I am glad I can try it out here before the event :)

Yes, and everyone at PD, T10, SMS and every other dev studio should work for free as well. What is wrong with this world where you have to pay for stuff!:dunce::dunce:

I'm not sure that argument is all that valid when we still haven't gotten the product advertised.

I'm not sure that argument is all that valid when we still haven't gotten the product advertised.
That's a different argument and I think it's a good strategy on PD's part to not charge for DLC until the major announced features are in the game but that's good marketing, not a requirement.

But this, which is what I responded to:
Paid DLC's, Exclusive DLC's, Pay to Win err...Free to Play should be outlawed period.
...is a different kettle of fish. If someone expected me to work for free I'd laugh in their face. I do work for free though, it's called "volunteer work" and I'm happy to do it. I think T10 has the right approach. All the tracks are free so far so that online and offline play is consistent. Many free cars and many more available as paid DLC. I expect the same model when GT goes next gen as well.

Yes, and everyone at PD, T10, SMS and every other dev studio should work for free as well. What is wrong with this world where you have to pay for stuff!:dunce::dunce:
YEAH! As if we "consumers" don't know they're just intentionally "removing" features to sell them as if they are really separate products. And instead of giving us the features that were added later for free, they "cleverly" make money out of it by selling it as DLC's but in reality the features were already planned for the main game but didn't meet the deadline and was later added. It's supposed to be an "Update" not "DLC".

YEAH! As if we "consumers" don't know they're just intentionally "removing" features to sell them as if they are really separate products. And instead of giving us the features that were added later for free, they "cleverly" make money out of it by selling it as DLC's but in reality the features were already planned for the main game but didn't meet the deadline and was later added. It's supposed to be an "Update" not "DLC".
If your game is incomplete at launch as GT6 was and is, of course all the stuff you announced before the game launched is an update, not DLC. Anything unannounced at launch but included after release is DLC.

...is a different kettle of fish. If someone expected me to work for free I'd laugh in their face. I do work for free though, it's called "volunteer work" and I'm happy to do it. I think T10 has the right approach. All the tracks are free so far so that online and offline play is consistent. Many free cars and many more available as paid DLC. I expect the same model when GT goes next gen as well.[/quote]I'm against to companies selling "overpowered" items to some players then leave other players with no money (that's why they're playing F2P in the 1st place!) to be target practice. They should research for other ways to acquire money than that. In the long run you'll be paying more than a $60 game. It's unfair and exploitative.

If your game is incomplete at launch as GT6 was and is, of course all the stuff you announced before the game launched is an update, not DLC. Anything unannounced at launch but included after release is DLC.

Not sure about official definitions but I think it's common to use the term Downloadable Content to refer to additional content as in new cars, items, weapons, cloths, etc whereas Update means downloadable fixes/improvements for the actual game?

Yeah...but I feel something wrong about DLC's. Most DLC's in the games lifetime (not all games) is only worth half of the $60 game but most of the time companies selling them also (most of the time) at $60 all DLC's. If it's DLC then it should be cheaper than the main game. I'm talking about the whole DLC's in the games life cycle...should be only worth $25-$30 in all. Selling more than that should be illegal.

Yeah...but I feel something wrong about DLC's. Most DLC's in the games lifetime (not all games) is only worth half of the $60 game but most of the time companies selling them also (most of the time) at $60 all DLC's. If it's DLC then it should be cheaper than the main game. I'm talking about the whole DLC's in the games life cycle...should be only worth $25-$30 in all. Selling more than that should be illegal.
The price is something one can debate till the end of time and everyone will have a different idea. Maybe a Season Pass would be a good idea, one flat price for all DLC, instead of whittling away with little bits and pieces here and there. If a game is good and I really want to continue to play, I have no problem with paying for good DLC.

Or, it tells you that a lot of people voted after they already knew that it was free. :lol:

I normally agree with you though, a lot of people seem to think it's their right to be rich/famous/massively obnoxious/all of the above. :yuck:

After downloading it and doing a few extremely exciting online races (only new Lexus), I've voted for $3-$4.99. It's a really cool track, nice flow. I know it's free so it's irrelevant now but I agree with Johnny that some dlc should be paid for. On the other hand I can't agree with pdlc being added at launch or within a week of release. That kind of stinks to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back