Will you pay for the Red Bull Ring?

Assuming the RBR is solo without any other content, how much would you pay for it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I wouldn't pay for any tracks for reasons I won't go into in case the vultures arrive.
You don't play the game much being the biggest reason?

I assume also a lack of events to go along with it though. That's the biggest downside for GT5 tracks for me. I'm willing to pay $5-10 but hoping for the lower end.

Last edited:
And how is this relevant?

A friendly suggestion that perhaps making bold statements about the game isn't so wise, unless you want to be potentially made to look silly if you're wrong again.

A friendly suggestion that perhaps making bold statements about the game isn't so wise, unless you want to be potentially made to look silly if you're wrong again.

Except it isn't a bold statement. I remember hearing somewhere that PD said that all DLC will be free, but don't remember where.

I'm pretty sure they didn't. Their original plan was a new track each month and no matter how kind they're feeling they're still a business, they couldn't have afforded to give away at least half a dozen tracks for nothing.

Except it isn't a bold statement. I remember hearing somewhere that PD said that all DLC will be free, but don't remember where.
I don't remember that. I do remember them saying the VGT's would be free and that we'd get monthly track DLC and a quantum leap in DLC...but I can't recall them saying it would all be free. Maybe someone has a link?

I feel like I've drank enough Red Bulls in my life that I wouldn't mind paying the price of a Red Bull for this track.

I'm more baffled by the fact that this is literally announced one day before release, which makes me even more dubious about it being charged, if included in the update.

It blows my mind that such release times for this kind of content are so close, much like Nurburgring for FM5.

Is a rising trend, seems that racing game developers are finding more value in car based DLCs rather than Track based DLCs, who knows, maybe is a trend that other games might follow based on production value vs distribution value. In some ways keep the game fresh by making it have more content while also keeping general attention drawn into it, and keeping online populated.

I would pay for it as I see tracks as a very welcome addition that adds real content to the game. But as I'm seeing the track as a RB marketing exercise for the F1 return to the A1 ring, I think it will be free.

All of the stuff that has been added to GT6 has been free so far, I won't expect to have to pay for the Red Bull Ring.

Ryk
Content -
It is a real world track - So that is a plus.
A real Grand Prix is due very soon - So an extra plus as it will let us hoon about on the same layout our heroes (And Pastor) will be let loose on this weekend.
Not many games have had the A1 ring on it. (Last time I ran on a Game was GP4 I think.)
I'm almost sure Grid 2 had it as well. as driving it this morning on GT6 I had a feeling of déjà vu.

Very interesting. Over 50% of GTP'ers won't pay even a penny for one DLC track. Tells you a lot about the state of the game IMO. Thank you to everyone that voted.👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back