Will you pay for the Red Bull Ring?

Assuming the RBR is solo without any other content, how much would you pay for it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet you a carton of RedBull that it's free--for the same reasons the RedBull championships are the most lucrative grinding races. Paid advertising.

It would be nice, but historically there has not been free NEW track content on ANY GT game.

I'd pay £5 for it, easy, so I chose the 5-7 dollar option in the poll.

I've no real reason to buy other than it's a track, all my friends would no doubt buy it and I've wanted more tracks to be added rather than more cars so I'll pay regardless - but a fiver is my limit.

Though I also reckon it will be free as well.

If it came with the original layout too, sure. I'd be all over that. Just the current track, one of the most boring Tilkedromes? Of course not.

I bought both tracks but I thought if you didn't have them you couldn't race them online either? Or did it start that way and then change to if host had it anyone could race it? I don't remember.
They gave the first three tracks (at least, I'm pretty sure they did so for Route X) a month or so where anyone who owned them could host anyone online; after which they pretty much stopped being used entirely outside of racing leagues. That's also probably why there were people that didn't even know Motegi had been released for GT5 until GT6 came out.

If they do it the way they did Motegi and Spa in GT5, why would anyone pay for it?
Well, really, if they don't allow the grace period there isn't any reason to pay for tracks unless you do just want to go Time Trial crazy; if GT5's track implementation was any indication. I got a lot of enjoyment out of Spa and Kart Space when I could host a room and anyone could play; but had I bought them after the first month they would have been a complete waste.

Last edited:
I bought both tracks but I thought if you didn't have them you couldn't race them online either? Or did it start that way and then change to if host had it anyone could race it? I don't remember.
From what I remember (not always the most reliable thing known to mankind), anyone could race there online. Only owners of the DLC could host at the tracks or create a room using them.
I know that is how it started out, anyway. If they made that change it was after I'd stopped playing GT5 last Summer or I just never noticed either way because I had the DLC.

80s Monza and BH were just rehashed versions of the existing tracks, they are not new...
Especially when you consider that probably 95% of the content was identical. Everything outside the track was the same, only a couple of corners changed.

At this point I wouldn't pay for any tracks for reasons I won't go into in case the vultures arrive.
Vultures are not welcome in my threads my friend. Anyone can say anything they like about why they'll get this DLC or not, positive or negative. Personal attacks won't be tolerated here.

I'd be willing to pay a couple bucks. I don't think it'll cost anything though.

Interesting that "free" is nearly 50% so far...still early...but I didn't expect that.

I want to try out the track in GT6, but I don't believe I should hand over another penny until we get all of the advertised features listed on both the box and the website. It's nearly 8 months after release and we are still waiting for them, this would be the wrong time to introduce paid DLC and I'd consider it an insult towards the fanbase.

Wouldn't pay for it, this game has so many problems that already need fixing.

Same here. Fix the game's bug's and glitches, add all the promised features, and then start giving us DLC if they want us to pay for it.

I want to try out the track in GT6, but I don't believe I should hand over another penny until we get all of the advertised features listed on both the box and the website. It's nearly 8 months after release and we are still waiting for them, this would be the wrong time to introduce paid DLC and I'd consider it an insult towards the fanbase.

I say let them do it, the backlash would surely put the whole situation in the spotlight, we still in the dark not one word about the content from pd .... They treat there customers like dogs and just throws us a bone and expects us to be grateful ... Here guys here's a concept car. Thanks kaz you ....... ..... .. Bag

I will wait for feedback, then maybe i could pay, but not more then 5€, just for the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back