Will you pay for the Red Bull Ring?

Assuming the RBR is solo without any other content, how much would you pay for it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
So the Red Bull Ring is on it's way but without any indication at this point whether it's free or paid DLC and of course, no delivery date. Since we haven't had any new track DLC nor paid DLC, I'm curious to find out how many GTP'ers are willing to pay for this new track and how much.

This thread is for discussion of whether or not you'd pay for this DLC and why or why not. That could cover a broad range of reasons positive and negative. Respond to the post, not the poster.

Last edited:
Should be free, mostly because it seems like a Red Bull PR stunt to promote it's A1 ring.

Otherwise I wouldn't pay for it, unless it includes other tracks or a 2014 Red Bull F1 car.

Well I personally can't pass up GT content. Even bought the pointless 99 cent BRZ.
A new track is a new track. Doesn't look like one I'd love but to rid myself of the bother of worrying if they switch to a track I don't have online ... I'll bite.
Might even like it. :)
I would hope for 3 dollar range (if not free) would do a 5 easy though.

Content -
It is a real world track - So that is a plus.
A real Grand Prix is due very soon - So an extra plus as it will let us hoon about on the same layout our heroes (And Pastor) will be let loose on this weekend.
Not many games have had the A1 ring on it. (Last time I ran on a Game was GP4 I think.)

I hope it has also has the Old Original Layout with big fat high speed sweepers rather than tightened up accident magnets. (Bosch Kurve - lovely!)

How much is it worth? - If it keeps PD making what looks to be nice tracks than I'll pay the price now. I don't do Canadian Dollars - so if 5-10 Pounds sterling makes its way to the Gran Turismo Track Building skunk works in down town Tokyo, then great.

I'd pay over 9 of your American dollars for a track. That's about 6 pounds in English money, which is bugger all really. It's not even two pints of beer, or even a gallon of fuel for my car... Infact I'd easily do £20 a month for DLC if it was regular and had a few cars as well as a track.

yeah sure i'd spend a few quid on some genuinely new content. the A1 ring is a much underrated track (thanks somewhat to Ferrari's shenanigans).

If they do it the way they did Motegi and Spa in GT5, why would anyone pay for it? The Seasonals were open to all (will need confirmation on that; I know the initial wave was open to all) and anyone could race there online (not host, but big deal). With no additional "premium" content, I wasted money buying tracks in GT5.

If they do it the way they did Motegi and Spa in GT5, why would anyone pay for it? The Seasonals were open to all (will need confirmation on that; I know the initial wave was open to all) and anyone could race there online (not host, but big deal). With no additional "premium" content, I wasted money buying tracks in GT5.

Not everyone wants the hassle of going online to use a circuit.

I'd pay decent money for it if it had Time/Weather change. And if REAL cars were also in that pack.

Not everyone wants the hassle of going online to use a circuit.
This I agree with, but with the dearth of legit Single Player races, unless there will be Career Mode events, I don't think there's a point. I'm not much of a Time Trial fan for Time Trial-ings sake.

Do I get a free Redbull with it?

I personally would pay for it, but it sucks when it's paid content and then the people who don't buy it can't join you when you race online. So I'd rather it be free.

This I agree with, but with the dearth of legit Single Player races, unless there will be Career Mode events, I don't think there's a point. I'm not much of a Time Trial fan for Time Trial-ings sake.

yep. after a few weeks there really is nothing worth doing on GT6 that isn't online. Gone are the years of content provided by GT4.

I'd pay a onetime fee but I'd prefer to pay a seasons pass for $49.00 per year that includes all the DLC.
Lol hand over another 50 bucks are you crazy ..... Only in America

Pd ain't having a Penny more off me for gt6 I will skip any paid content. I paid full price day one for anniversary edition £60 not dollars and when they deliver the content they still list on the website as to follow I may consider paying for download content until then I do not think I have had £60 worth of value I actually feel £40 down

Last edited:

Fair enough, each to their own. I've not bothered with A-spec beyond IB license, and I rarely (if ever) go online - so all I do is lap against the clock! :D Hence, from my point of view, every new track is of interest. 👍

I'll bet you a carton of RedBull that it's free--for the same reasons the RedBull championships are the most lucrative grinding races. Paid advertising.

I rather have it free than to pay for it. Forza 5 got the Nurburgring for free, so PD better do the same for this track as well.

I bought both tracks but I thought if you didn't have them you couldn't race them online either? Or did it start that way and then change to if host had it anyone could race it? I don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back