* power 589 bhp
* torque 63 kgfm
* weight 1000 kg
Aids: None.
Highest speed: 274 km/h (lap 5)
Best lap: 1:23.304 (lap 8)
Total duration: 12:14
Tyres: SM

The car's suspension was hard and set to the minimum custom height, 50 mm.

On the first lap I was 19.786 seconds behind the lead Enzo after two sectors. The track has three sectors. But I was already doing careful inputs to save tyres.

Beginning of the lap, the gap was 26.857 seconds. I overshot turn one at 127 km/h losing a good deal of time.

I was actually last at the line. Trying to overtake a Jaguar, I went off track in turn 2, but completed it with minor contact in the following left. At the 1 minute mark, or early third sector, I passed a Corvette Stingray C7, also with a little unintended contact. On the main straight I passed a GT-R Black Edition and a LFA that were racing really closely together.

I was 12th at the beginning of the fourth lap, with a 26.241 seconds gap keeping me from the lead. Tyres front: 9/9, rear: 9/10. Passed a Ford Shelby GT500 '13 in turn 1, far from the inside. But that car was using hard compound, and was the first with such tyres to be overtaken. Turn 3 goes right to the outer brink. In the exit of the last turn for this lap I passed a Ferrari 430 Scuderia, shadowing it super-close (medium compound). I was clearly conserving tyres in that corner.
Then a few car lengths in front of me was the Murciélago LP 640 on softs which was overtaken from the left side and before the line.

Having braked too late, I was off to the sand trap again. More costly than the lap 2 error. Murciélago didn't pass though. I kept that car in my mirror by going out again in turn 4.

Many of the participants had pitted in at this point. The Alfa Romeo had bad luck with its pitstop, entering sixth, leaving eighth. I was in 2nd soon after the line. Gap 4.698 seconds. Ford GT '06 was in the lead and the Enzo 14 seconds behind me. Tyres front&rear: 7/8 & 8/9. After two sectors the gap was 1.101 seconds and perhaps slightly less in the previous few turns. I take the last turn carefully, didn't really want to overtake or indeed crash here. And then the lead went for a refresh!

A few seconds in to the seventh lap, the Enzo was blasting through the main straight, reaching over 280 km/h. Because it had huge amounts of grip compared to the McLaren (soft vs hard compound), the overtake in turn 1 was just nature at work. After that Enzo's first sector, it was 4.061 seconds behind my AWD. Next checkpoint, 1.763 seconds. I got a poor exit at the last turn, even considering my tyres which were 5/7 & 7/8.

8. That Ferrari only 1.009 seconds behind, I had little choice but to try and find any and all grip available. T1: gap 0.504 seconds. It wasn't working in the Omega, because the gap shrank two whole tenths. Iow. to two and a half car lenghts. I somehow managed to keep the distance up until the last turn, but sure enough, the Enzo got better mid-corner performance. The Ferrari then suddenly loses power. No fuel left. I ran to the finish line with about 1 liter left.

I didn't know why I had won, until when I looked closely at the replay to write this. The GT500 was furthest from emptying its tank, with almost a quarter left at the projected finish.

Results:
1. Tommykaira ZZII '00
2. Enzo Ferrari '02
3. McLaren MP4-12C '10
4. SRT Viper GTS '13
5. Lamborghini Reventon '08
6. Ford GT '06
7. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
8. Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '22
9. Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
10. Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
11. Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
12. Lexus LFA '10
13. Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
14. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7)
15. Ford Shelby GT500 '13
16. Jaguar XR-S '11

The moment when the Ferrari ran out of fuel.

Finish line.

Time: January 2015
Car: Tommykaira ZZII (tuned)
* power 589 bhp
* torque 63 kgfm
* weight 1000 kg
Aids: None.
Highest speed: 274 km/h (lap 5)
Best lap: 1:23.304 (lap 8)
Total duration: 12:14
Tyres: SM

The car's suspension was hard and set to the minimum custom height, 50 mm.

On the first lap I was 19.786 seconds behind the lead Enzo after two sectors. The track has three sectors. But I was already doing careful inputs to save tyres.

Beginning of the lap, the gap was 26.857 seconds. I overshot turn one at 127 km/h losing a good deal of time.

I was actually last at the line. Trying to overtake a Jaguar, I went off track in turn 2, but completed it with minor contact in the following left. At the 1 minute mark, or early third sector, I passed a Corvette Stingray C7, also with a little unintended contact. On the main straight I passed a GT-R Black Edition and a LFA that were racing really closely together.

I was 12th at the beginning of the fourth lap, with a 26.241 seconds gap keeping me from the lead. Tyres front: 9/9, rear: 9/10. Passed a Ford Shelby GT500 '13 in turn 1, far from the inside. But that car was using hard compound, and was the first with such tyres to be overtaken. Turn 3 goes right to the outer brink. In the exit of the last turn for this lap I passed a Ferrari 430 Scuderia, shadowing it super-close (medium compound). I was clearly conserving tyres in that corner.
Then a few car lengths in front of me was the Murciélago LP 640 on softs which was overtaken from the left side and before the line.

Having braked too late, I was off to the sand trap again. More costly than the lap 2 error. Murciélago didn't pass though. I kept that car in my mirror by going out again in turn 4.

Many of the participants had pitted in at this point. The Alfa Romeo had bad luck with its pitstop, entering sixth, leaving eighth. I was in 2nd soon after the line. Gap 4.698 seconds. Ford GT '06 was in the lead and the Enzo 14 seconds behind me. Tyres front&rear: 7/8 & 8/9. After two sectors the gap was 1.101 seconds and perhaps slightly less in the previous few turns. I take the last turn carefully, didn't really want to overtake or indeed crash here. And then the lead went for a refresh!

A few seconds in to the seventh lap, the Enzo was blasting through the main straight, reaching over 280 km/h. Because it had huge amounts of grip compared to the McLaren (soft vs hard compound), the overtake in turn 1 was just nature at work. After that Enzo's first sector, it was 4.061 seconds behind my AWD. Next checkpoint, 1.763 seconds. I got a poor exit at the last turn, even considering my tyres which were 5/7 & 7/8.

8. That Ferrari only 1.009 seconds behind, I had little choice but to try and find any and all grip available. T1: gap 0.504 seconds. It wasn't working in the Omega, because the gap shrank two whole tenths. Iow. to two and a half car lenghts. I somehow managed to keep the distance up until the last turn, but sure enough, the Enzo got better mid-corner performance. The Ferrari then suddenly loses power. No fuel left. I ran to the finish line with about 1 liter left.

I didn't know why I had won, until when I looked closely at the replay to write this. The GT500 was furthest from emptying its tank, with almost a quarter left at the projected finish.

Results:
1. Tommykaira ZZII '00
2. Enzo Ferrari '02
3. McLaren MP4-12C '10
4. SRT Viper GTS '13
5. Lamborghini Reventon '08
6. Ford GT '06
7. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
8. Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '22
9. Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
10. Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
11. Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
12. Lexus LFA '10
13. Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
14. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7)
15. Ford Shelby GT500 '13
16. Jaguar XR-S '11

The moment when the Ferrari ran out of fuel.

Finish line.

Now that's a stroke of luck!

Ferrari driver: "Curse the fuel!!"

thematic604: "Yay, the Enzo ran out of fuel!"

RZQSPEED: "And the winner iiisss. thematic604!

*Crowds cheering*

For a challenge, i decided to bring the Subaru Impreza WRX STI spec C Type RA '05 to willow springs.

The Veyron, which started from 1st, Lost a bunch of places! The Huayra tried to slide my car out of control but failed and Finished 2nd when lapping the last place Ferrari California. I only stopped once for fresh tires and Refuel in 5th lap but the bad news is: the 430 Scuderia and the Huayra overtook me and others on the pits but then, i overtook the 430 Scuderia which will pit in and having a last lap battle with the Huayra.

me: 1st place
Huayra: 2nd place

EDIT: 430 Scuderia, Murcielago LP640-4, California and Huayra almost running out of fuel (the former 3 pitted in while the latter almost emptying the Fuel Tank after all out against my Impreza which was fuel efficient

Huayra fuel pic:

1426295536855-688281734.jpg

Last edited:
Challenge: Win the race with an Eagle Talon.

Might have to accept this challenge...it blows my mind how the AI in GT6 can be if anything worse than before. Hence why I was so frustrated on launch - you've reinvented the graphics again, but once again you haven't done a thing about the GODAWFUL AI?

As I said...poor AI strategy is nothing new in this series. I remember an Apricot Hill enduro in GT2 (which at 50 laps was probably longer than the Enduros in GT6!) where, battling a GT40, it pitted with THREE LAPS TO GO. From 2nd place. It literally was like 'I shall run as hard as possible until tires die then pit'. And that was after 24 laps. Are you seriously suggesting it couldn't go 1-2 more laps and make it a one-stop? Had it not pitted again he may well have won. Unbelievable. :grumpy:

Rant over...either way, I look forward to picking the worst car possible to attempt this one :mischievous:

Might have to accept this challenge...it blows my mind how the AI in GT6 can be if anything worse than before. Hence why I was so frustrated on launch - you've reinvented the graphics again, but once again you haven't done a thing about the GODAWFUL AI?

As I said...poor AI strategy is nothing new in this series. I remember an Apricot Hill enduro in GT2 (which at 50 laps was probably longer than the Enduros in GT6!) where, battling a GT40, it pitted with THREE LAPS TO GO. From 2nd place. It literally was like 'I shall run as hard as possible until tires die then pit'. And that was after 24 laps. Are you seriously suggesting it couldn't go 1-2 more laps and make it a one-stop? Had it not pitted again he may well have won. Unbelievable. :grumpy:

Rant over...either way, I look forward to picking the worst car possible to attempt this one :mischievous:

I guess the GT6 AI is even worse than Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012 remake)! That's an absurd!

GT6 AI: Minecraft Noobs
NFS:MW 2012 AI: Gradually known about Street Races (Still dumb though, but not as dumb as Minecraft Noobs)

I must do that in response to @Maldoxx 's post:

I guess the GT6 AI is even worse than Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012 remake)! That's an absurd!

GT6 AI: Minecraft Noobs
NFS:MW 2012 AI: Gradually known about Street Races (Still dumb though, but not as dumb as Minecraft Noobs)

I must do that in response to @Maldoxx 's post:

Oooft. That is harsh but fair. It blows my mind, the GT6 AI literally have no clue, no speed, no racecraft (I once had a Bentley Speed 8 sitting behind a far slower car on the Daytona banking rather than use the VAST WIDTH OF TRACK either side of the car in front to overtake) and every race I run B-Spec, Bob brings the car back with the front end dented and battered. :grumpy:

Is anyone still around here?

Anyways. I issue a challenge to this thread.

Win using a Ferrari 458 Italia on Comfort Hard.

That will be all, accept it if you wish,

Latest Posts

Back