Wimbledon 2012

• Thread starter Matty
  • 187 comments
Errr, did you see his interview after the match?

And do you laugh and joke and smile while you're at work?

Anyway, he played really well to get there and played well at times today, and lets not forget he has done something that no other British man has done in 74 years.

My comment about him being moody was in relation to today, which as long as I can remember was his first showing of a different side. 99.9% of the time he is a snarling, stroppy so and so.

Until now...

And do I laugh, joke and smile while at work. Yes.

So he's moody, I don't see why that would dissuade people from supporting him. He's an amazing player, he's done what Brits have failed to do for the past 74 years, he's beat the best in the business, great under pressure, and today he has shown just how passionate he is and also just how much he wants it. That's what people should be concentrating on, and not whether he's stroppy now and then.

As for today Federer was just too good, he was returning serves hit over 130mph, and generally played some amazing tennis. Murray gave it all he had but it wasn't enough.

My comment about him being moody was in relation to today, which as long as I can remember was his first showing of a different side. 99.9% of the time he is a snarling, stroppy so and so.
You should read Charlie Brooker's article in today's Guardian...

Murray was always going to be up against it, and I fear that he will struggle to win a Grand Slam while there exists three amazing players at the same time... but he did himself proud yesterday, and winning the 1st set was a great achievement...

So an aussie won the big race and a swiss won the big match!!

So much for Britians big day yesterday!! :lol:

So an aussie won the big race and a swiss won the big match!!

So much for Britians big day yesterday!! :lol:
But Wiggo took the yellow jersey off a Swiss and is keeping an Aussie out of it, so yah boo sucks to them.

You should read Charlie Brooker's article in today's Guardian...

Getting past the fact in the opening paragraph of a tennis match 'kicking off', and the shovel loads of sarcasm, he finally gets to the point that Murray is good at tennis.
I never said I wanted to see Andy Murray cartwheel after every point, high five and pose at every opportunity, that just isn't him. Just a bit more humility, which he certainly showed yesterday, and because if this he has gone up in my estimation.

Back