Wimbledon 2012

• Thread starter Matty
  • 187 comments
And thats the second set to federer!! murray must be wondering what else he has to do!?

Federer is punishing Murray now - I've watched Roger for so long now that rooting for him is part of my DNA, and I've seen this casual and graceful arrogance he brings to tennis. But Murray . . . what a win it would be if he pulled it off.

Edit: nice to have caught a glimpse of Laver in the crowd.

Edit: the Scotch terrier will NOT give up!!

Edit: Federer reclaims his title. What a great match by Murray, too.

Last edited:
Pure class, Federer plays in a way that looks so effortless. 7 time champion now. Andy gave it his best shot though.

Just in time for the mixed doubles final! Phwoar, enjoy it. You can catch Murray crying if you're quick too!

Saw it! Doesn't he realise he isn't good enough?
If he showed a bit more emotion and a human side, he might get a few more people on his side. Until now,all it he has been is a moody sour faced Scot.

Facepalm, at all the upper class idiots crying into their pimms and champagne.

Im sure everyone will agree that its been a fantastic tournament!!

It's been an exciting year, for sure, a lot of upsets. Looking at these players as champions of their sport, I have nothing but respect and admiration for the entertainment they bring us.
My own achievements are paltry in comparison, and my only pride comes from being able to claim to be in the same gene-pool of this species.

If he showed a bit more emotion and a human side, he might get a few more people on his side. Until now,all it he has been is a moody sour faced Scot.
Errr, did you see his interview after the match?

And do you laugh and joke and smile while you're at work?

Anyway, he played really well to get there and played well at times today, and lets not forget he has done something that no other British man has done in 74 years.

Ah well, he was beaten by a better man, though I have a feeling that's the best chance he'll ever get. And then he goes and gets all emotional on us. It's enough that he's sad, doesn't need to make the whole country cry too...

Back