WipEout HD/Fury

• Thread starter Havok_
  • 849 comments
I may be able to join in sporadically, but I can't commit to anything too substantial! It would be nice to play again though!

Insert Coin Clothing have their WipEout line up for anyone interested.

https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/wipeout/

I ordered the FEISAR tee and AG-Sys tee. Also, they are doing a 3-for-2 promotion on all t-shirts across all ranges just now and you can get 20% off with the following code: NOWWEARE5

3 t-shirts for £38 delivered in UK. They also deliver worldwide.
Nice, I haven't been to their site in quite a while. Good to see it has expanded somewhat.

Sometimes, I keep wanting to come back to WipEout HD/Fury. I just never really brought myself to do so. I'm still trying to continually be a Feisar "fan boy" trying to complete that Trophy for loyalty last I remember playing this game.

Sebenco is always hilarious online. I used to compete in 20 lap enduros online with no weapons...madness
I normally don't indulge in schadenfreude, but watching people get the mid-air cornering completely wrong on that track gets me in stitches, every time. It's like Okutama Grand Circuit in GRID.

I normally don't indulge in schadenfreude, but watching people get the mid-air cornering completely wrong on that track gets me in stitches, every time. It's like Okutama Grand Circuit in GRID.
The mid-air cornering is magnificent, the feeling you get when you learn how to use boost effectively on Sebenco is hard to match in gaming!
No Qirex t-shirt makes me sad.
The good news is that Insert Coin grt the license to make a series' of tees, not just one-off tops so if you give them a tweet/Facebook they will definently listen to fan feedback! They are a fantastic company.

No Assegai t-shirt makes me sad.

I do love how everyone has a different favourite team in Wipeout.
Another one of the reasons why its such a great series. The artistic direction and unique ship physics are so good that everyone does attach themselves to a specific ship and barely uses anything else! :lol:

@GBalao888 - I would be up for helping you with Bling Brigade. Is that all you need for a platinum?

No Assegai t-shirt makes me sad.

I do love how everyone has a different favourite team in Wipeout.

Another one of the reasons why its such a great series. The artistic direction and unique ship physics are so good that everyone does attach themselves to a specific ship and barely uses anything else! :lol:

I guess it comes with the highly creative design work, and with the rich "all-in-the-manual" lore. WipeOut is a game that may appear shallow, but it's anything but that. Each team and ship has soul, and despite AG racing being purely fictional and not even set in our time, it's not hard to see people like me cheering for a ship like they would for a F1 team.

Anyways, sign me up for that Bling Brigade boost!

I guess it comes with the highly creative design work, and with the rich "all-in-the-manual" lore. WipeOut is a game that may appear shallow, but it's anything but that. Each team and ship has soul, and despite AG racing being purely fictional and not even set in our time, it's not hard to see people like me cheering for a ship like they would for a F1 team.

Anyways, sign me up for that Bling Brigade boost!
That is the tragedy of this game. It actually seemed real to me. There was thought put into the lore, and the company logos, and the names, and the designs, and the color schemes, and the tracks... It is strange, because wipeout 3 was one of the first games i ever played back on the PS1, and it was kind of embedded into my mind, to the point that it feels as if i have memories of these teams actually existing, due to my undeveloped mind sort of believing they were real. Sounds weird, but i am pretty sure some of that fantasy is still embedded somewhere in my mind, and i actually feel nostalgia for the teams themselves, and not the game, as if they were real. Hard to explain... :ill:

Played the game non-stop today, I beat with most of them gold-Skilled and two silver Elite on the Fury Campaign, It's sad to think we won't have a game like this anymore, Seeing the scuff marks on the HD ships made me a little teary, The Series are really amazing games that didn't deserve to disappear so quickly, The pain of trying to reach Mach 1 in Zone and fighting against Elite Ships in Zone Battle and Arena (Eliminator Mode) It's been a long time since I felt the speed of AG racing and now I will do the HD campaign before I put the game to rest...

I never did get Zone Zeus... I made it to Zone 73, but I'm well out of practice these days... I must have got Mach 1 a few times though. I'll never "put the game to rest" though :P That's crazy talk...

I was actually playing the game last weekend with my nephew and he was surprisingly interested/good at it considering he's only seven - he even won his first ever Eliminator game (Target: 300), albeit with a bit of advice on how to use Quake most effectively...

I completed HD and Fury all Elite, but I've been trying to get back the old magic and complete 'Arcade Perfect' or whatever its called - win every original circuit on Phantom/Elite in Arcade mode, but I fear it is too much for me these days... that said, I do believe I've won on every circuit in Phantom/Elite at some stage, just not in Arcade mode. I forgot how hard some tracks are at the top difficulty - Chenghou and Sol 2 are bogey tracks for me!

Sadly, the old thumb pain started to resurface as I played Wipeout again, so I can't play it as much as I might want to - plus I remembered the old 'time machine' effect that only Wipeout HD could do - one minute it's 10.45pm, next it's 1 o'clock in the morning... how does that happen??

I never did get Zone Zeus... I made it to Zone 73, but I'm well out of practice these days... I must have got Mach 1 a few times though. I'll never "put the game to rest" though :P That's crazy talk...

I was actually playing the game last weekend with my nephew and he was surprisingly interested/good at it considering he's only seven - he even won his first ever Eliminator game (Target: 300), albeit with a bit of advice on how to use Quake most effectively...

I completed HD and Fury all Elite, but I've been trying to get back the old magic and complete 'Arcade Perfect' or whatever its called - win every original circuit on Phantom/Elite in Arcade mode, but I fear it is too much for me these days... that said, I do believe I've won on every circuit in Phantom/Elite at some stage, just not in Arcade mode. I forgot how hard some tracks are at the top difficulty - Chenghou and Sol 2 are bogey tracks for me!

Sadly, the old thumb pain started to resurface as I played Wipeout again, so I can't play it as much as I might want to - plus I remembered the old 'time machine' effect that only Wipeout HD could do - one minute it's 10.45pm, next it's 1 o'clock in the morning... how does that happen??
Come on TM, you can't give up! Zone 73 is so close, if I could give any sort of tip it would be to get your own soundtrack loaded in game, the visualizer that lays on the track textures can really tune you in, no upbeat songs either...go for atmospheric sounds. That's how I did it, and zone has never been my friend! :lol:

I need to admit I was shocked that Arcade Perfect is generally considered to be one of the hardest trophies on a lot of websites. Out of the gold trophies I found that the more achievable, difficult but not impossible.

I had to commit a whole weekend to getting to zone 73, but I was hitting the high 60's more often than not... I do have my own soundtrack but it's a mixed bag and is mostly not ambient stuff at all - so thanks for the tip, I'll maybe try that!

I think once you are back in the swing of playing it regularly, Arcade Perfect should not be that hard... like I say, I have won races even on my least favourite tracks on Phantom/Elite before, albeit after quite a few attempts - but it's one of the only things left on my PS3 bucket list :)

I had to commit a whole weekend to getting to zone 73, but I was hitting the high 60's more often than not... I do have my own soundtrack but it's a mixed bag and is mostly not ambient stuff at all - so thanks for the tip, I'll maybe try that!

I think once you are back in the swing of playing it regularly, Arcade Perfect should not be that hard... like I say, I have won races even on my least favourite tracks on Phantom/Elite before, albeit after quite a few attempts - but it's one of the only things left on my PS3 bucket list :)
If I remember correctly, Chengou Project is an absolute pain on Elite-Phantom.

If I remember correctly, Chengou Project is an absolute pain on Elite-Phantom.
I remember losing once by a couple of hundredths of a second as an AI opponent speed-boosted past me over the line.

That moment ought to be listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the Loudest Expletive never recorded.

But it wasn't long after that (possibly even the next attempt) until I finally beat it.

I remember losing once by a couple of hundredths of a second as an AI opponent speed-boosted past me over the line.

That moment ought to be listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the Loudest Expletive never recorded.

But it wasn't long after that (possibly even the next attempt) until I finally beat it.
I lost a good Yellow DS3 controller to this game online...messed up a Barrel Roll on Sebenco Reverse and ended up costing myself a victory over a WR holder at the time...

Phantom+Elite+Eliminator+Sol2=Chaos, The AI get quakes so damn easily at the start of the race... It's absolute chaos since I die too much:lol:, Zone Battle on Ubermall Elite... The Zone Boosts are everywhere:banghead: I always end up losing or dying when I try to do that, probably because the AI always boosts in front of the Zone Gain things (The Green Arrow's on the track) The latest I got to Today is 51 in Zone (Vienta K) It's so damn difficult to stay steady on the track without crashing and does anyone know if you get more HUD's beside Wip3out and 2097? I started the HD campaign but for some reason it feels way more harder than Fury did.

I returned to WipEout HD/Fury briefly. Part of this was to regain a general feel for the awesomeness that is WipEout. I ran Time Trials and then an Elimination (which I won). One of the coolest things about WipEout HD/Fury is seeing some of the retro-style ships apart from the fancy current ones. Especially for WipEout veterans like myself, you tend to appreciate seeing the older ships. I at least know the classic teams: Feisar, AG Systems, Auricom, Qirex, and Piranha.

Still a great game WipEout HD/Fury is.

Back