4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png

Seems to be the case :cheers:

So my decision as to whether to buy a PS4 has been made considerably easier by the fact that my sister has already bought me one :D

Well, strictly speaking half of one, but it means I will have a 1TB PS4 in a couple of weeks for the princely sum of just £115. Part of the rationale is that my nephew is getting one for his birthday, and we really need to have two PS4 controllers which cost £50 each. So instead of me buying a second controller as a birthday present for my nephew, my sister suggested buying another 1TB PS4 for me so that I can bring my controller through whenever I visit - and it also means that we will be able to play with each other online and whenever he visits my place. The timing couldn't be better because frankly nothing about the PS4 has appealed to me yet, but Wipeout Omega, GT Sport and Crash Bandicoot are all on the horizon and all look like they will be worth having. But this will be the first Playstation my nephew has had (he has an Xbox 360 at the moment) and so it might come in useful for me to have one too.

Am I right in saying that if I buy a game on PSN I will be able to install it on both my console and his console, and hence would it be better to buy games via PSN so that we can both have the game instead of my sister buying games on Blu-ray?

Last edited:
So my decision as to whether to buy a PS4 has been made considerably easier by the fact that my sister has already bought me one :D

Well, strictly speaking half of one, but it means I will have a 1TB PS4 in a couple of weeks for the princely sum of just £115. Part of the rationale is that my nephew is getting one for his birthday, and we really need to have two PS4 controllers which cost £50 each. So instead of me buying a second controller as a birthday present for my nephew, my sister suggested buying another 1TB PS4 for me so that I can bring my controller through whenever I visit - and it also means that we will be able to play with each other online and whenever he visits my place. The timing couldn't be better because frankly nothing about the PS4 has appealed to me yet, but Wipeout Omega, GT Sport and Crash Bandicoot are all on the horizon and all look like they will be worth having. But this will be the first Playstation my nephew has had (he has an Xbox 360 at the moment) and so it might come in useful for me to have one too.

Am I right in saying that if I buy a game on PSN I will be able to install it on both my console and his console, and hence would it be better to buy games via PSN so that we can both have the game instead of my sister buying games on Blu-ray?
As far as I know, yes. You can download the game on both consoles. However, be aware that only one of you will be able to access it at a time and I think that console needs to be set as the 'Primary Console' - which has access to downloaded games. I could be wrong but I'm sure they put this precaution in after how easy it was to game-share on the PS3.

Base.com seem to have a slightly different edition than seen elsewhere, coming with this beautiful disc sleeve:

WEOCPS4.jpg

Hopefully those who've opted for the steelbook don't miss out on this.. :(

Last edited:
That's interesting - it would kind of defeat the purpose to not be able to play the game on both consoles simultaneously, since that would be what we wanted to do, but it might still be worthwhile for a few games.

That's interesting - it would kind of defeat the purpose to not be able to play the game on both consoles simultaneously, since that would be what we wanted to do, but it might still be worthwhile for a few games.

Actually, what you can do is you can set up sub accounts on the PS4 designated as the "primary" system. Those sub accounts can use any games installed on that machine. Then you can play the game on a secondary PS4 at the same time using your main account. You can never have 2 secondary PS4s using the game but you can have the primary using a sub acct and a secondary playing using the main acct.

Good news, around 18 months ago I hosted a weekly TT championship on Driveclub and had some decent success. The season attracted between 18 and 21 competitors with a good showing. It was a joy to host and gave me the impulse to host something similiar for another game I'm passionate about.

So, I'd like to announce my intent to have a 'Weekly WipEout' night with all the GTPers who will be picking up Omega Collection. I will go into more details later down the line but I'm very excited about the racing prospect at hand. :D

Last edited:
Base.com seem to have a slightly different edition than seen elsewhere, coming with this beautiful disc sleeve:

WEOCPS4.jpg

Hopefully those who've opted for the steelbook don't miss out on this.. :(
It's a limited cover which is only available via a few outlets (not sure exactly which ones) the devs tweeted about it last week or so.

It's a limited cover which is only available via a few outlets (not sure exactly which ones) the devs tweeted about it last week or so.
Yep, I seen.

Gotta hand it to them, between ship exclusives, theme exclusives, steelbook exclusives and now this they've really tried their best to squeeze every last penny out of us for a remaster. :D :lol:

Oh man, my body is so ready for this! :D Off on a tangent, does anyone know how the soundtrack is looking? I know I'm still seething at Sony's intransigence to implement a proper custom soundtrack feature on PS4. I was looking forward to being mesmerised by the Zone backgrounds while BSE, David Broaders or Ilan Bluestone pounds in the background.

Last edited:
Off on a tangent, does anyone know how the soundtrack is looking?
From the trailers not good, I mean the game soundtrack might be ok but my hopes aren't very high atm
I know I'm still seething at Sony's intransigence to implement a proper custom soundtrack feature on PS4.
Spotify/external storage devices can be used to play music which is pretty good. Better than Groove anyway :lol:

R5
Spotify/external storage devices can be used to play music which is pretty good. Better than Groove anyway :lol:

But that's obviously nowhere near as good as the way it was implemented in HD on PS3.

It would be funny if Wipeout Omega had advertisements return on the loading screens, but instead of Statefarm, it plays old PS1/PS2-era Wipeout ads.

I wonder if the iterations will be completely segregated from each other, as in 2048 having 2048's control scheme (dedicated shield button). It would at least make sense for the HD and HD Fury tracks to be raced interchangeably, as they both pull from the same sources.

I wonder if the iterations will be completely segregated from each other, as in 2048 having 2048's control scheme (dedicated shield button). It would at least make sense for the HD and HD Fury tracks to be raced interchangeably, as they both pull from the same sources.
From the beta they all share the same control options screen, but some options do differ (I will see if I can check that tonight for you).

However content wise they are separate, you puck the campaign you want from a menu screen at the start, as they did with HD and Fury on the PS3.

I really just hope that this game is any car, any track, otherwise this game will basically be just Wipeout 2048: PS4 edition with DLC.

Last edited:
From the beta they all share the same control options screen, but some options do differ (I will see if I can check that tonight for you).

Thanks. Really appreciate it.

However content wise they are separate, you pick the campaign you want from a menu screen at the start, as they did with HD and Fury on the PS3.

Welp, there goes my excitement for Eliminator matches on Sol 2...

Last edited:
Back