WipEout Omega CollectionPS4 

• Thread starter Parker
  • 336 comments
It seems like the concerns are all coming from the Feisar camp :lol:. Seriously though, I think that the soundtrack in '90s iterations (ie 2097 and 3), was fitting in with underground club culture at the time. 3's shift to lighter, bouncier trance from the dark breakbeat of 2097 is evident of that. Eventually, the devs stopped caring and just used both music profiles as a staple to the series sound, because both fit well, otherwise if they had carried on with this trend, we would've probably heard David Guetta in WipEout by now.

The way Sony are applauding themselves over this re-release makes me think they'd also just go for tracks people recognise over an actual decent soundtrack. Gotta get those pre-ordered.

Shameless teaser here:

new thing copy.jpg

I've got all the team logos and ship pictures ready to go.

There will be two brackets of eight pilots, or one bracket of eight pilots, depending on how many people sign up.

Within these bracket will be ten events, most will be single races, but some zone or eliminator rounds may be thrown in.

I haven't determined how many points finishing in each place grants yet.

The top fourth-placed pilots in both the A and B brackets will be merged into the champion's bracket.

The ships being used are the standard HD FX350 craft.

I'm considering letting Fury ships run alongside the HD ships, even though they have small stat boosts. HD ships aren't obsolete.

Each team will have four slots available, one slot for the fury class ship, and another three slots for the HD ship and it's livery variations. So that would mean that I could reserve the Fury ship, but if @R5 or @Brend wanted to use a Feisar ship, they would have to use a standard HD craft. First come first serve basis is applied here.

(Alternatively, if three people took the HD ship slots, the fourth person would be forced to use the Fury craft)

Tigron and Van Uber are selectable choices.

To do list:
Come up with a funky backstory
Figure out how many points each place gets
Find Tigron and Van Uber pictures
Find 16 interested people
Plan out each event

Feedback is welcome!​

Last edited:
Shameless teaser here:

View attachment 648820

There will be two brackets of eight pilots, or one bracket of eight pilots, depending on how many people sign up.

Within these bracket will be ten events, most will be single races, but some zone or eliminator rounds may be thrown in.

The top fourth-placed pilots in both the A and B brackets will be merged onto then champion's bracket.

I'm considering letting Fury ships run alongside the HD ships, even though they have small stat boosts. HD ships aren't obsolete.

Each team will have four slots available, one slot for the fury class ship, and another three slots for the HD ship and it's livery variations. So that would mean that I could reserve the Fury ship, but if @R5 or @Brend wanted to use a Feisar ship, they would have to use a standard HD craft. First come first serve basis is applied here.

(Alternatively, if three people took the HD ship slots, the fourth person would be forced to use the Fury craft)

To do list:
Plan out each event

Feedback is welcome!​
Oh, I am so in. :D My idea for a community event is a TT series so I'm glad to see an actual championship being organized too!

Feisar Fury reporting in - unless it's too early to get dibs. :P :)

Are we able to switch craft between events? Or are we locked in until all the bracket's events have run? For example, if I want to use an HD Icaras for standard races, but switch to the Fury model for eliminator events.

Also, which speed class is the tournament going to be in? I usually play on Phantom, but for the sake of first timers online, like me, can it be Rapier?

Are we able to switch craft between events? Or are we locked in until all the bracket's events have run? For example, if I want to use an HD Icaras for standard races, but switch to the Fury model for eliminator events.

I'll probably make it so everyone can reserve two ships, one for eliminator and one for single races. If you wanted Icaras for the races, you could also take Triakis as a backup ship for eliminator.

When would the races take place? I'm interested, but university means that I can only play on weekends.

Races would most likely take place on either Friday or Saturday nights (EST).

Also, which speed class is the tournament going to be in? I usually play on Phantom, but for the sake of first timers online, like me, can it be Rapier?

I was planning on the A and B brackets in the initial part of the tournament to be Flash, then the champion's bracket have the speed increased to Rapier. I could bump this up as per player's requests.

I'll probably make it so everyone can reserve two ships, one for eliminator and one for single races. If you wanted Icaras for the races, you could also take Triakis as a backup ship for eliminator.
I'm okay with this, since most likely I'd have second thoughts about entering a must-win eliminator event with Icaras. :lol:

Races would most likely take place on either Friday or Saturday nights (EST).
EST? Because of me living in a UTC+2 location, I could end up drawing the short straw. :scared:

I was planning on the A and B brackets in the initial part of the tournament to be Flash, then the champion's bracket have the speed increased to Rapier. I could bump this up as per player's requests.
Flash is okay, although I might get outmaneuvered by the more agile craft. Challenge accepted!

UPDATE: Also, the soundtrack has been leaked?!

Last edited:
Feisar Fury reporting in - unless it's too early to get dibs. :P :)

Yep, dib-ing starts when the actual thread for the series opens up. :lol:

For my ship, I'm thinking of either the yellow HD Feisar ship or I might reserve the Zone Battle variant of the Feisar Fury ship just for me! :P

As for points each position receives, I may have to look up Mario Kart Super Circuit for the GBA. There's a points system in that game and 8 drivers in each Grand Prix, so there might be some inspiration there.

Shameless teaser here:

View attachment 648820

The top fourth-placed pilots in both the A and B brackets will be merged into the champion's bracket.

To do list:
Plan out each event

Feedback is welcome!​

I'm probably in if I can get the game for the PS4... or get a PS4 for that matter...

What speed class are we running?

R5
I really hope there's more because that lineup is weak.

Weak is an understatement. Aside from the DnB tracks and The Chemical Brothers, which will always be good, the only other tracks that would realistically appear on a past WipEout title would be the ones from Jerome Isma-Ae and Soundprank. The others are just run-of-the-mill club tracks which are most likely low-hanging fruit picked. I could've chosen a better soundtrack. :irked:

Last edited:
The way Sony are applauding themselves over this re-release makes me think they'd also just go for tracks people recognize over an actual decent soundtrack. Gotta get those pre-orders.

Looks like I was right. :lol:

Right now, it's Flash for the initial brackets and Rapier for the champion's bracket.

I highly doubt I'll be able to join (also horribly incompetent at the game) as I don't have a PS4 at the moment. I can try to get one, but no guarantees.

Looks like I was right. :lol:
And I was wrong. It just shows where Sony's allegiance lies. I would've been more satisfied with them doing a MotorStorm: Apocalypse or Driveclub and selecting one electronic artist to score an original soundtrack, and get other artists to provide remixes.

Honestly, I have very mixed-to-negative feelings about this soundtrack. There are some fitting artists like Noisia and Metrik, but everything else is some stuff you'd hear more in games like TrackMania (e.g. Brodinski) or DiRT (the Chemical Brothers song they chose).

All in all, this isn't a great soundtrack whatsoever despite a handful of good artists.

And I was wrong. It just shows where Sony's allegiance lies. I would've been more satisfied with them doing a MotorStorm: Apocalypse or Driveclub and selecting one electronic artist to score an original soundtrack, and get other artists to provide remixes.
Ah, but that would require extensive effort. Come on man! :P

We should create a collaborative Spotify playlist. each member chooses 3 tracks and then we all have a great, unique OST that will have some surprises to boot.

If anyone is interested, for the sake of suspense, PM me your choices and then I'll compile the list. Means everyone will be taken by surprise.

On Sunday, I'll post the full list. :D

Back