WipEout Omega CollectionPS4 

• Thread starter Parker
  • 336 comments
I would like to issue a challenge to most of you guys, just for you to try this out for fun:

Pass requirement:
Perform a perfect lap and beat a time below 38 seconds in Altima, A+ class, using the AG Systems Agility ship, without using airbrakes and letting go of the thruster. Barrel rolling is allowed though.

Elite Pass requirement:
While performing the requirements to pass the challenge, get a lap time equal to or beat my lap time of 37.41 seconds.

Last edited:
Is it me or would I really like to see a season mode campaign introduced into Wipeout where you are a pilot for hire in the FX350 (and possibly the AGRC), and you can get seats for different teams? You could then compete in a full season of the FX350 (or the AGRC) and attempt to become the season champion. Different teams look for different kinds of pilots, and each team has unique demands for you to fulfill if you want to keep your job at that team. You can also build relationships with different teams which will affect what teams you can fly for and the quality of craft you get.

The championship would work like a heat/final thing like in rallycross, so the 14 teams would race each other in heats of 7, and then there would be an A and B final to determine points (A final is worth more than B final, while the winner of the B final would start at the back of the A final grid).

Points would be (I think) like this:

A final 1st place: 50 pts
A final 2nd place: 45 pts
A final 3rd place: 42 pts
A final 4th place: 35 pts
A final 5th place: 30 pts
A final 6th place: 25 pts
A final 7th place: 20 pts
A final 8th place: 18 pts
B final 2nd place: 15 pts
B final 3rd place: 12 pts
B final 4th place: 8 pts
B final 5th place: 5 pts
B final 6th place: 3 pts
B final 7th place: 1 pt.

For example, Qirex (FX350) looks for aggressive pilots who rely on weapons to win races. Having a bad relationship with Auricom and Tigron would make you get a higher chance of joining their team. Their demands during the season could be:

• Eliminate at least one opponent each race
  • Do not let Tigron place ahead of you in any race
  • Eliminate at least 3 Auricom or Tigron ships throughout the season
  • Finish in the top 4 in the team's championship
  • Do not let Auricom or Tigron finish ahead of you in the team's championship
Completing these objectives throughout the season would allow you to improve your relationship with Qirex, get better craft from them, and allow you to possibly get team offers from other aggressive teams. However, building up this relationship with Qirex could negatively affect your relationships with Auricom and other similar teams that were part of the Belmondo Foundation. Also, using weapons could ruin your relationships with teams such as Van Uber and Goteki 45. However, winning the championship would give you a massive boost to all of your teams' relationships. Besides, every team wants a champion on their team...

This could also make the AI for each team different too. Teams that hate you might throw the race away just to destroy you and your craft, while teams that like you could help you win races or just simply ignore you. This could go with some of the team orders too, for example, if a team has a grudge with another team or pilot, then the team boss could order you to attempt to take out a rival for some sort of bonus (but of course seriously damaging your relationship with that rival team)... or punish you if you fail. Of course, this could last for multiple seasons, and if this somehow became a thing (I seriously doubt it will), then you could build up friendships and rivalries with each of the different teams and pilots.

Sorry for the wall of text, but it's just something I really would love to see...

It seems the game is incredibly empty online outside of the EU which usually has a few rooms on the go.

Shame, guess people didn't want a new WipEout that badly after all. :( For online play, anyway.

It seems the game is incredibly empty online outside of the EU which usually has a few rooms on the go.

Shame, guess people didn't want a new WipEout that badly after all. :( For online play, anyway.

Maybe they got all salty about those "hackers" that don't use pilot assist (just seeing some of the crappy gameplay videos I've seen)... :lol:

Also... just to bring something up I've noticed...

Did EG-X have anything to do with designing the Zone ship? Both the EG-X HD craft and the Zone craft have the exact same thruster design...

Also would the Omega FX350 probably be in a later season of the FX350 than HD because of the new engine sounds? If that's the case, then why does the FEISAR team have a british guy (from the FEISAR 2048 team) announcing picked up weapons? And why does Goteki 45 have the Pir-hana Brazillian (I think) woman announcing the picked up weapons? Is this a break in the timeline or am I just overthinking all of this?

And why does Mag-Lock exist in 2048 and it was never used again (I think) until the FX300(?)?

Last edited:
I would like to issue a challenge to most of you guys, just for you to try this out for fun:

Pass requirement:
Perform a perfect lap and beat a time below 38 seconds in Altima, A+ class, using the AG Systems Agility ship, without using airbrakes and letting go of the thruster. Barrel rolling is allowed though.

Elite Pass requirement:
While performing the requirements to pass the challenge, get a lap time equal to or beat my lap time of 37.41 seconds.

I'll give it a go

Maybe they got all salty about those "hackers" that don't use pilot assist (just seeing some of the crappy gameplay videos I've seen)... :lol:

Also... just to bring something up I've noticed...

Did EG-X have anything to do with designing the Zone ship? Both the EG-X HD craft and the Zone craft have the exact same thruster design...

Also would the Omega FX350 probably be in a later season of the FX350 than HD because of the new engine sounds? If that's the case, then why does the FEISAR team have a british guy (from the FEISAR 2048 team) announcing picked up weapons? And why does Goteki 45 have the Pir-hana Brazillian (I think) woman announcing the picked up weapons? Is this a break in the timeline or am I just overthinking all of this?

And why does Mag-Lock exist in 2048 and it was never used again (I think) until the FX300(?)?
you are digging too deep,.....:cheers: (regarding Mag lock; think of it as F1, changing rules every year :rolleyes:)

On Ultima, you can see news tickers that explains a potential outcome of 2048-50 that lead to this. Apparently one of the mag-lock strips malfunctioned causing an accident which leads to the committee reconsidering their use in future events.

You can see it appear sometimes from the start finish line. :)

Yeah, I remember trying to find a no-assist lobby back on the PS3 and it was difficult - same with DiRT 3's hardcore mode, died within weeks. Some folks out there just want it smooth and easy (midday and sunny, no rain or snow) then complain that the game isn't challenging enough :rolleyes:

Pass requirement:

Elite Pass requirement:

Time: done
No airbrakes: done
Thruster always on: done
clean lap: No... but for the laptime it was worth sharing.

Time: done
No airbrakes: done
Thruster always on: done
clean lap: No... but for the laptime it was worth sharing.

At least you tried man, "Pass" for completing 75% of the requirements, if only the lap was perfect, it would be an "Elite Pass".

At least you tried man, "Pass" for completing 75% of the requirements, if only the lap was perfect, it would be an "Elite Pass".

Thanks. It's doable but getting through that chicane clean is hit and miss for me.

Played a bit more afterwards on the same layout but with using airbrakes. Got my time down to a 36.08.

DDv59pXXsAIzMzv

Suffered through online eliminator this lovely Sunday to finally get the last remaining trophy after putting it off for 2 weeks. :D

DDv59pXXsAIzMzv

Suffered through online eliminator this lovely Sunday to finally get the last remaining trophy after putting it off for 2 weeks. :D

Congrats on the platinum!

(can I has a PS4 and a copy of the game?)

Well I've gone and bought it. My god this game is still so awesome! Played HD and Fury to death twice (first the year it launched, second in 2014, when I rediscovered it). The game looks so good! This remaster is really well done.

I loke the fact that 2048 is completely new for me. So far haven't raced much, but I like the first few tracks. They are very wide though in sole sections.

This game is the best wipeout game!

Anyway, a few more questions (yes I love the wipeout story... sorry)...

Why does the Tigron ship have the same weapons announcer as the Qirex one? I would have assumed that Qirex would have taken all measures to protect literally everything from being used by Tigron...

What speed is A+ class in terms of Wipeout HD speed classes? Is it Zen? Super-Phantom? Or something else?

Why are there no actual speed units used in 2048?

How big (in actual units like meters or centimeters) is a typical AG craft? (i.e. length and width)

Why were damaging weapons removed for the F3600 after no real incidents (I think?) happened with them in the AGRC? Is there any note of any bailout systems used by the pilots after their craft is destroyed?

That's actually pretty neat. Speaking of music, shame we can't play our own music in the game. I've got all the music from Wipeout 3 that I'd really like to play the game to.

That's actually pretty neat. Speaking of music, shame we can't play our own music in the game. I've got all the music from Wipeout 3 that I'd really like to play the game to.

Isn't there a way to do that through spotify?

You can also load up a USB stick and set it playing while you launch the game, that's another option. Not sure if it will allow shuffle or is simple, straight through playback.

UPDATE:

I have finally found this odd, yet useful trick to help level up your rank in 2048...

(Do this for exactly one hour to get 60000XP, then repeat if you're okay with it)

I did this twice since I was stuck in Rank 47, and then two hours later, I was already in Rank 50 then Elite Passed the Pir-hana Prototype Challenge.

After that, I had 98% of all the trophies, just needed the 50 Kills trophy, where I was worrying so much about since I thought that kills from 2048 Combat online wouldn't count despite the trophy mentioning about 2048 Combat mode, requiring to kill a total combined number of 50 ships online, be it on HD or 2048. Turns out it does work, and now I finally have the Platinum trophy.

View attachment 653315 View attachment 653316 View attachment 653317 View attachment 653318 View attachment 653319 View attachment 653320 View attachment 653321 View attachment 653322 View attachment 653323

DDv59pXXsAIzMzv

A bit late, but may I join the platinum club too? :)

VMIQPPt.jpg

I never did beat Zico in all my hours spent on the PS3 version, so it was very satisfying to finally manage it this time round. And having not played 2048 before, I really did enjoy it, despite some annoyances - namely the camera (I usually can't stand cameras that stay mainly fixed to the track rather than the car/ship, turns out Wipeout is no exception), the graphics making it difficult to see opponents/weapons sometimes, the bonkers lighting effects in zone that try to blind you.......and those damn A+ challenges. I get they wanted something that was an ultimate challenge.......but did they really have to do it using wacked out AI? :yuck:

But those issues aside I really liked the aesthetics (futuristic settings are great and all, but racing wipeout ships on downtown streets and through subway stations is damn cool), and the variety in ships/events was great. And coming off of HD/Fury I was pleasantly surprised at the difficulty overall, if a bit inconsistent.....one moment I'm cruisng through the game, then the next I'm expected to get 100 combat points in 2 minutes on subway :scared:

Couple of quick bits of footage from the challenge I found the hardest from each game: beating Zico for HD/Fury, and the A+ race @ Queens Mall for 2048 (the last part of it, where thankfully the Wipeout stars aligned.......as they do about once every 100 attempts or so :)).

There's only one big disappointment I have, and maybe this is unfair since OC was just intended to be a couple of straight ports, but I think Sony missed an opportunity with not including VR. Since they're old games anyway it probably wouldn't have been too big a technical challenge, and I can't think of many better showcases for VR than Wipeout. It would be spectacular. Perhaps too spectacular......maybe they were worried too many people would get sick or something? :lol:

I remember that Wipeout HD was delayed on ps3 because the speed and colours could induce epilespy and they had to tune things down.

Playing this in VR could be quite the trip. Especially in some loopings where you could easily loose your sense of orientation.

I remember that Wipeout HD was delayed on ps3 because the speed and colours could induce epilespy and they had to tune things down.

Playing this in VR could be quite the trip. Especially in some loopings where you could easily loose your sense of orientation.

I can only sense the amount of times people would vomit once they attempted to barrel roll in internal view... (can we has cockpit view please?)

Back