Witcher 3

I'm just having issues with ranking up, I did every side quest I came across and did some witcher contracts but my rank is always 2-3 levels below the recommended rank for the current story main quest.

I'm just having issues with ranking up, I did every side quest I came across and did some witcher contracts but my rank is always 2-3 levels below the recommended rank for the current story main quest.

You'll still be fine if you're only that amount below the recommended for a quest. Think of the recommended rank as an effectiveness range. When the text is red, it's when you should try leveling up a bit first. Leveling up also means getting better gear too, of course.

Just started playing again after a long break (near the end of the main story, also planning on finishing Hearts of Stone before Blood and Wine), it really is a fantastic game.

Anyone playing without or partial HUD? I always found the HUD in this game to be a massive and ugly distraction from the gorgeous landscapes and exploration, and after recently seeing how much turning off the HUD could help with immersion in Far Cry Primal I'm now tempted to turn off most HUD elements in TW3.
It's going to be tough without the mini map I suspect, but that is however also the biggest, ugliest and most immersion killing HUD element.

I tried playing with a more immerse HUD, but I'm too used to having all that info in a glance now. Though I'm thinking of removing a few elements. Sadly it seems to ones I do want to remove don't really have an individualized option in the Settings menu.

I've tried playing without the minimap and it is certainly a more immersive way of playing the game. The size of the world can make it easy to get lost without it, though.

You can always mod the HUD, though, either by simply resizing/moving specific HUD elements or by reworking/enhancing the HUD's functionality altogether.

Not an option, playing on PS4. Lots of in-game options for turning off various parts of the HUD but it's still kind of a lost battle if greater immersion if what I'm going for.
I'll probably give it a try with most HUD elements off, trying to get accustomed to navigate primarily by landmarks.

Judging from the monsters that were teased I can imagine the Witcher Contracts in Toussaint will be the best ones yet.

So Blood and Wine released yesterday...

Sadly I'm not able to do 80% of the quests in Toussaint because my character level is too low... For anyone who wants to venture to this area, you need to be at end-game levels if you want to stand a chance. Yes, even higher than the requirement for the quest that actually lets you enter (and fast travel) to Toussaint.

Apart from that Toussaint is beautiful. The leaked screenshots don't do it justice; it is literally like you're in Italy. So vastly different than any other area in the game thus far. And with that comes with brand new monsters... tough ones. They're not too difficult, but they are very different than the monsters you come face-to-face with in the Northern Realms. But nothing like good-old sword combat can't fix... Though you have to be a bit smarter than just run-and-gun. Luckily there's plenty of new gear you can find here, but I haven't gotten much yet.

Looks great. I need to hurry up and get there. I also need to download the other DLC too.

I just got back to playing Witcher 3 after a long break... haven't bought any of the DLC expansions yet, but I've got a long way to go with the base game still. :lol:

VXR
I got around to loading this up on my Xbox and I'm wishing I'd played it much sooner. It's fantastic so far and I'm only two quests and 2.5 hours in.
Best game of this gen for me, after 2 playthroughs I'd recommend choosing a difficulty that challenges you.

Unless you suck like me... Started on Story and Sword, was getting my butt kicked so I dropped it to Just the Story... After getting a bit more powerful, I ramped it back up to Story and Sword. :lol:

Unless you suck like me... Started on Story and Sword, was getting my butt kicked so I dropped it to Just the Story... After getting a bit more powerful, I ramped it back up to Story and Sword. :lol:

That's what I've been doing. You have to kind of know what's going on, but you rarely get stomped. And frankly, a lot of the magic in the game is the story and exploration, the fighting is fine but nothing particularly special.

I've recently come back to the game after buying the DLC. Finished Heart of Stone which was far more incredible than it had any right to be for the price, and now working on the start of Blood and Wine. So good. It's unbelievably beautiful, and the story telling is top notch. My favourite so far is the quest to find the testicles that were mysteriously removed from the statue of virility. So many euphemisms. Lololol.

I've got well over 100 hours in just this one playthrough so far, and I suspect there's at least another 30+ in finishing Blood and Wine and then going through all the sidequests. I love CDPR's sidequests, they're almost always funny or insightful. Even when it's "collect 10 bear asses" there's always a deeper story behind it to make it engaging. :censored:ing magic.

This thread is far too quiet...

The sidequests in Novigrad started to get a little dreary, so I got on with the main quest line. Around when I got to Skellige, I got sucked right into the game again. I romanced Yennefer, I just love her personality. The Skellige area was just beautiful to quest in, great part of the game.

Right now I'm still having heaps of fun, the game looks more beautiful than ever, and seems to run better than ever as well. I'm starting to near the end of the main quest. Even though I'm having such a great time in this game, I feel slightly sad when it'll end as well. I sort of liked when Ciri returned, and everyone was gathered at Kaer Morhen.

I've got some 70 hours in the game right now, yet to fully complete the main quest line, and then the DLC's remain too. I'm really hoping that Ciri will become a witcher in the end. Fingers crossed I make the right decisions!

It'd be nice if there were an option to complete witcher contracts together with Ciri after the main quest line. I kind of fear she'll vanish when I complete it.

After a long break, I started up again. I forgot how beautiful this game was. Not sure why I ever stopped playing.

Wow, Geralt looks very strange with a hood :embarrassed:
witcher3201608091852.png

This thread is far too quiet...

The sidequests in Novigrad started to get a little dreary, so I got on with the main quest line. Around when I got to Skellige, I got sucked right into the game again. I romanced Yennefer, I just love her personality. The Skellige area was just beautiful to quest in, great part of the game.

Right now I'm still having heaps of fun, the game looks more beautiful than ever, and seems to run better than ever as well. I'm starting to near the end of the main quest. Even though I'm having such a great time in this game, I feel slightly sad when it'll end as well. I sort of liked when Ciri returned, and everyone was gathered at Kaer Morhen.

I've got some 70 hours in the game right now, yet to fully complete the main quest line, and then the DLC's remain too. I'm really hoping that Ciri will become a witcher in the end. Fingers crossed I make the right decisions!

It'd be nice if there were an option to complete witcher contracts together with Ciri after the main quest line. I kind of fear she'll vanish when I complete it.

Yeah, the game will suddenly get quite lonely when you finish the main quest. As for what happens to Ciri, that depends on whether you helped her out during very specific scenes. Hopefully you have made a hard save right before the Battle of Kaer Morhen.

CD Red has announced the GOTY edition for the game! Probably the perfect time for people new to the game (and the series) to get their hands on.

I finished the main story line today, at level 38.
Best game I've played in ages. I chose for Ciri becoming a witcher, as I think it was the most suitable ending for her character, especially seeing the bond between her and Geralt.
For a second I thought she actually died, that would've pissed me off!

Going to complete some contracts, then it's time to move onto the Heart of Stones DLC! 👍

I'm probably going to try out some of the mods as well at some point.

I finished the main story line today, at level 38.
Best game I've played in ages. I chose for Ciri becoming a witcher, as I think it was the most suitable ending for her character, especially seeing the bond between her and Geralt.
For a second I thought she actually died, that would've pissed me off!

Going to complete some contracts, then it's time to move onto the Heart of Stones DLC! 👍

I'm probably going to try out some of the mods as well at some point.

Do you have the Blood and Wine DLC? You should head there as soon as you can - there's a neat surprise if you finished the main quest ;)

I'd be careful about Hearts of Stone, since after a certain point there'll be a permanent brand etched across Geralt's face and won't be removed until you finish the questline. In addition the first boss you'll face might be tough... All I can say is, make sure you have the potion that allows poison to heal Geralt rather than hurt him.

I have both, but I only installed Hearts of Stone. I thought I'd play them in sequence to their release dates, maybe afraid that playing Blood and Wine might spoil something before moving to HoS.

I don't remember any tie-ins between the two DLCs, but I think level-wise they are meant to be played in the order they were released.

Yeah, there isn't linkage between HoS and Blood and Wine. But honestly I would go to Toussaint first - the setting is magnificent.

About to click a FB competition to win this, any advice on which is the best format? I have all 3, PC isn't state of the art but runs other recent releases very nicely (i7 2600 3.40Ghz 16GB RAM GTX760)

About to click a FB competition to win this, any advice on which is the best format? I have all 3, PC isn't state of the art but runs other recent releases very nicely (i7 2600 3.40Ghz 16GB RAM GTX760)

Your 760 doesn't cut it, sadly...
index.php

As you can see, it's at the bottom of this graph. You can still the enter the competition, if you want. But you'll have to upgrade your GPU asap. Although, you can drop the settings to improve performance. Witcher 3 offers a couple of options so you can fine-tune. I imagine if you drop everything to Low-Medium at 1080p you'll get more than 30 fps. But that would be close to console-grade experience.

Your CPU is fine, and it should hold up. It might suffer a little bit once you arrive in Novigrad but you should be okay.

Back