With Kia SSZ, You Don't Have to Put Up With Other People's "Music" in the Car Any More

During my freshman year of college I presented a scathing speech where I basically just bashed everything Kia and your stereotypical Kia drivers with a particular focus on my burning hatred of the Soul. I even singled out the only Kia owner in the class. All really in terrible taste if I do say so myself but I stand by all of it.

That said, this is actually pretty freakin’ awesome.

During my freshman year of college I presented a scathing speech where I basically just bashed everything Kia and your stereotypical Kia drivers with a particular focus on my burning hatred of the Soul. I even singled out the only Kia owner in the class. All really in terrible taste if I do say so myself but I stand by all of it.

That said, this is actually pretty freakin’ awesome.

If you approach it from a solely practical standpoint, the Soul is one of the best new vehicle options for a very large percentage of people.

I had no idea it was even possible to dislike it. Everything about it is inoffensive.

If you approach it from a solely practical standpoint, the Soul is one of the best new vehicle options for a very large percentage of people.

I had no idea it was even possible to dislike it. Everything about it is inoffensive.

Absolutely was not taking it from a practicality standpoint.

Why do I get a feeling that this has to have some sort of long term health implications. This is dealing with distortion/manipulation of wave-forms. Any one with a good technical background on this stuff, can you please explain further detail how this works. This is somewhat similar to lfa wind turbines.

Why do I get a feeling that this has to have some sort of long term health implications. This is dealing with distortion/manipulation of wave-forms. Any one with a good technical background on this stuff, can you please explain further detail how this works. This is somewhat similar to lfa wind turbines.

It works the same way noise-canceling headphones work, and so far we haven't seen any health issues relating to that.

I freaking love this article and how it got a bit snarky with new music :lol: Anyhow, this is really nice tech! Kia again doing it better than everyone else. wouldn't mind having a Kia, to be honest. But the one I like, I can definitely NOT afford.

Whats up with the snarky comment?

You just posted that noise-cancelling acoustic zones in a car 'has to have some sort of long term health implications. This is dealing with distortion/manipulation of wave-forms' and then you question the seriousness of other posters? ;)

It works the same way noise-canceling headphones work, and so far we haven't seen any health issues relating to that.

This.

You just posted that noise-cancelling acoustic zones in a car 'has to have some sort of long term health implications. This is dealing with distortion/manipulation of wave-forms' and then you question the seriousness of other posters? ;)

This.
Maybe you need to understand that frequency can cause health implications, sonar and lfa in wind turbines, seems to me you jump to conclusions too quick. #thisaintalexjones. #stayinyolane

Source? Something peer-reviewed would be nice, not eatquinoa.com.

While a biblio review on the damaging effects of loud industrial-grade noise in the audible and ultrasonic frequencies is fascinating... what does that have to do with your claim that creating noise cancelling (at the same intensity and frequency of the existing in-car entertainment system by default) 'has to have some sort of long term health implications'? Noise-cancelling brings the same risks and effects as the original output source, just with an inverted waveform. Of course you can deafen yourself with most good audio equipment - that's a fact that's acknowledged by most, well-studied by many and ultimately in the hands of the user to mitigate. Noise-cancelling adds/detracts nothing there.

The system in the article, if it can be made to work in everyday scenarios, is a great idea. I don't see anything to support your definite claim that it creates any specific health risk that doesn't already exist.

Maybe you need to understand that frequency can cause health implications, sonar and lfa in wind turbines, seems to me you jump to conclusions too quick. #thisaintalexjones. #stayinyolane

I'll say it again, if noise-canceling waves were a health concern, we'd know about it. Noise canceling headphones have been around since the first set of Bose ones in 1989.

All I can think of when I see where the conversation has gone:

3QRl.gif

Yeah, I'm still lost. I gather from research that it was supposed to be hashtag (maybe?) but I fail to grasp how it applies here.

Had to google it... and I'm none the wiser! :D
Yeah, I'm still lost. I gather from research that it was supposed to be hashtag (maybe?) but I fail to grasp how it applies here.

Just a comment on a user's propensity for useless hashtags on the end of a post.

(And because the first season of Kimmy Schmidt was awesome.)

This is what I wanted to see not some guy literally chasing me forum after forum.
If you feel you've been harassed, you probably ought to bring it to the attention of forum moderators, as such behavior is addressed in the third point of the Acceptable Use Policy. You can do this easily by making use of the handy "Report" function that's made available at the top right of every single thread post. This action is much more appropriate than ambiguous accusations in open discussion.

That said, if you're looking for civil discussion, it's probably best to not equate someone requesting more information specific to the subject matter being discussed with someone who refuses to accept reasonable assertions as you did with the snarky "climate change denier" remark.

Back