WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,910 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, as in real WRC, teams are allowed to do testing when they want, where they want. This is not F1 where everything is under super control (however I would like an invitation :D )

Of course we'll send an invite. :)

Also, I plan on entering SWRC. However I am currently extremely devastated to find out that with no weight reduction and a 200kg ballast, my CRX is 14kg under the min. weight.... There was a good deal of swearing I promise. If it were real life, I'd be stripping body panels and smashing glass to make weight :p

So... I'm on the hunt for a new SWRC car. :indiff: I'll let you know when I come up with something.
 
Last edited:
metalgear696
I am currently extremely devastated to find out that with no weight reduction and a 200kg ballast, my CRX is 14kg under the min. weight.... There was a good deal of swearing I promise. If it were real life, I'd be stripping body panels and smashing glass to make weight :p

I can put the weight down a little, no probs :)

Edit: SWRC spec: 280 HP, 1100 kg
 
I can put the weight down a little, no probs :)

That would be amazing! 20kg would do the trick. :) I didnt wanna pull some 'this doesnt work for me, change it for me' bs lol. Thanks a bunch though! :dopey:👍

Edit: posted this while you posted new regs. 1100kg sounds pretty good for FF's. I have a hunch the SWRC is gonna be a really hard fought division.

Edit 2: May as well make it official. I'll be entering the SWRC driving a '90 Honda CRX SiR. 👍
 
Last edited:
metalgear696
That would be amazing! 20kg would do the trick. :) I didnt wanna pull some 'this doesnt work for me, change it for me' bs lol. Thanks a bunch though! :dopey:👍

Edit: posted this while you posted new regs. 1100kg sounds pretty good for FF's. I have a hunch the SWRC is gonna be a really hard fought division.

Edit 2: May as well make it official. I'll be entering the SWRC driving a '90 Honda CRX SiR. 👍

Pleasure is mine, I hope this can bring some interest :) I might pm all my friends :D

And I'm of course looking to enter the SWRC as well, need to check if I have one of the classic Super 1600 cars, Honda Civic and Renault Clio :)

Edit: just had this thought:

The Citroën Xsara (currently running as WRC independent) was built to the old F2 regulations, which is pretty much the same as we use for SWRC. So, the question is, as the Xsara is FF and can be detuned to fit SWRC regulations, should it remain WRC independent or should we allow it in SWRC under special conditions (seeing as it is basically a works car)?
 
Last edited:
I can put the weight down a little, no probs :)

Edit: SWRC spec: 280 HP, 1100 kg

Darn. That puts the Hyundai Tuscani out. :( :lol: Onwards! Time to see which other Hyundai I can use!
 
MrMelancholy15
Darn. That puts the Hyundai Tuscani out. :( :lol: Onwards! Time to see which other Hyundai I can use!

I'm certain you'll find something :)
 
MrMelancholy15
Bah, if all else fails, I'll just run the extra 18 kgs. Who cares, right?

I don't think 18 kg is that big a handicap :)

I'm more in doubt, I don't know if I should change to Peugeot Sport in WRC and I still need to find a SWRC car :)
 
I don't think 18 kg is that big a handicap :)

I'm more in doubt, I don't know if I should change to Peugeot Sport in WRC and I still need to find a SWRC car :)

The 206 is nice. :) The C4's fast. :) The decision really is yours, but, do you want to compete for the win while looking cool, or come close to winning... in what looks like a minivan?
 
MrMelancholy15
The 206 is nice. :) The C4's fast. :) The decision really is yours, but, do you want to compete for the win while looking cool, or come close to winning... in what looks like a minivan?

I'm taking 206 for 3 reasons:

1: it's a classic almost on level with Impreza and Lancer
2: it's standard and not the easiest to get
3: I like the looks of it :)
 
I'm taking 206 for 3 reasons:

1: it's a classic almost on level with Impreza and Lancer
2: it's standard and not the easiest to get
3: I like the looks of it :)

Number 1 & 3 agreed. Number 2, that's so considerate. :lol:
 
MrMelancholy15
Number 1 & 3 agreed. Number 2, that's so considerate. :lol:

Well, it's harder to get a 206 than a C4 :)
 
Well, it's harder to get a 206 than a C4 :)

I know. I'm agreeing with you. That means, that everyone still has a premium car available in the Dealerships, without refreshing the UCD 18,000x.
 
MrMelancholy15
I know. I'm agreeing with you. That means, that everyone still has a premium car available in the Dealerships, without refreshing the UCD 18,000x.

That was what I meant :) but I'm glad I have every standard rally car in GT5 :)
 
That was what I meant :) but I'm glad I have every standard rally car in GT5 :)

Okay. I'm glad that we understand each other, because, for a second, it seemed like we were on completely different pages, but, now I know that we're reading the exact same sentences. :lol:
 
MrMelancholy15
Okay. I'm glad that we understand each other, because, for a second, it seemed like we were on completely different pages, but, now I know that we're reading the exact same sentences. :lol:

:lol:

I don't think there is any point in making a championship for Independents only. So it will be as it is in real WRC: independent drivers score points for overall drivers championship, but will not recieve points for constructors championship :)
 
:lol:

I don't think there is any point in making a championship for Independents only. So it will be as it is in real WRC: independent drivers score points for overall drivers championship, but will not recieve points for constructors championship :)

Interesting. :)
 
I've made a change to first post, tell me what you think :)
 
Getting off topic here, but I think if there isn't a big enough turn out everyone should be allowed to be in each class to keep the racing going
 
ELmarcotuff
Getting off topic here, but I think if there isn't a big enough turn out everyone should be allowed to be in each class to keep the racing going

Basically you may already sign up to all classes. You just can't race as Independent if you sign up for a works team :)
 
So I can still do pwrc then. In pwrc ill be in a 05 impreza wrx sti. Or the oldest premium 4 door impreza lol
 
Well I've woken up and caught up with the thread. I like the updated OP. 👍 Also, I'm really happy someone has finally decided to race the great 206, good call RM. I just realized as well, 6/12 Works slots are filled, were halfway there :)

If I'm not too busy later I'm probably gonna host a GTP WRC Testing room, everyone is welcome.

Edit: I just checked out the Xsara. I wasnt aware it was FF until you said something. On top of that it weighs 960kg. Personally I'd say scrap the whole car, plenty of other 4wd cars to fill the 4 independent slots. However, our only independent entry is the Xsara. Kinda puts a wrench in the gear. Ultimately its your call. As far as detuning it and putting it in the SWRC? Somehow I'm not so sure of that either but, maybe. We'd have to compare it on a track with our SWRC entrants to make sure we're competitive with it.

Edit 2: Just picked up 2 Peugeot 106's from the UCD. Should be a great SWRC car if anyone wants it. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll give em out.
 
Last edited:
Is PWRC in the '08 Evo X and '10 Impreza? If so, you can easily FORCE everyone to run completely unmodified, and they won't even have to buy the car. :p
 
Is PWRC in the '08 Evo X and '10 Impreza? If so, you can easily FORCE everyone to run completely unmodified, and they won't even have to buy the car. :p

I've been under the impression that the PWRC is ALL Evo's and Imprezas, regardless of year or version. I also think they're already forced to run completely unmodified. I'm not planning on entering the PWRC but if I did, I'd take the Evo VIII MR.

Edit: Post 100! :D
 
Im pretty sure some cars are slightly performance tuned like the older models in the pwrc but not sure
 
I've been under the impression that the PWRC is ALL Evo's and Imprezas, regardless of year or version. I also think they're already forced to run completely unmodified. I'm not planning on entering the PWRC but if I did, I'd take the Evo VIII MR.

Edit: Post 100! :D

But, how do we know that the X is fast enough to keep up with the VI? The II to keep up with the V? Gah, that AYC is so terrible...
 
I'm interested.

LVracerGT/LVracerGT/Works Citroen C4
 
But, how do we know that the X is fast enough to keep up with the VI? The II to keep up with the V? Gah, that AYC is so terrible...

Bah, you bring up good points though. Between the two cars, there's so many models and variations. 30?

Then I had a thought, what if it was restricted to only premium models? I just checked the dealership and found that Kaz likes Evo more as well :lol: Premium Evo IV, IX, X, and a Makinen edition VI. Subaru has the '05 STi, the '10 STi, and the '07 silly hatchback thing.

Idk, I'm not even in the division after all. Just speaking my thoughts lol.
 
I'm thinking we could make it only 2005 + Premium models.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back