WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,910 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant you turn collision off? After all the main stages make another room for the sss with collision off so instead of crashing we would go right through one another
 
Cant you turn collision off? After all the main stages make another room for the sss with collision off so instead of crashing we would go right through one another

There isn't an option for that. Sorry. :(
 
Well there goes my hope for a title....
 
ELmarcotuff
Well there goes my hope for a title....

Don't give up yet. It's the WRC. You haven't won until you're on the podium
 
*clears throat* Loeb.....
 
Don't give up yet. It's the WRC. You haven't won until you're on the podium

Good words. Plus its rally, even the best will have accidents driving super speeds on flaky surfaces.

Just practice and do your best. :)

Also, I have 3 cars to add to the freebie list in the OP Rallymorten.

206 RC '99
Evo IV RC '97
Focus RC '99
 
Doublepost :guilty:
 
ELmarcotuff
*clears throat* Loeb.....

It happens to Loeb also: Australia 2005, Monaco 2006, Australia 2008 (IIRC), and even Australia last year :)
I shall say that every stage is 2 laps, the first lap being recce lap and the second being the real stage :)

I'll put the cars on the list metalgear :)
 
I shall say that every stage is 2 laps, the first lap being recce lap and the second being the real stage :)

Just to clarify the timer doesn't start until the second lap right? Also, about how many stages are you planning per rally?
 
It happens to Loeb also: Australia 2005, Monaco 2006, Australia 2008 (IIRC), and even Australia last year :)
I shall say that every stage is 2 laps, the first lap being recce lap and the second being the real stage :)

I'll put the cars on the list metalgear :)

Just to clarify the timer doesn't start until the second lap right? Also, about how many stages are you planning per rally?

Rules:
Being a Rally championship, the stages are Point-To-Point with cars starting with 30 seconds interval. When race mode has started, drivers line up in the starting order, and settle out for the stage start, which is the first checkpoint. The stage end is the last checkpoint before the finish line, which may NOT be crossed! Any person found guilty in this will be disqualified and banned without replacement for a rally. So for your own sake, don't do that.


OP says differently. I'm confused, sorry.
 
MrMelancholy15
OP says differently. I'm confused, sorry.

I will change it, my fault :guilty::ouch:

About the stages, about 12-15, including re-runs :)
 
Does this sound more correctly? :)
rallymorten
Rules:
As in a real rally, drivers will have one run to make pacenotes and find reference points for the stage. In this series, it will happen on the first of the 2 laps the stages last. Said in a different way: Each stage consists of 2 laps, the first being recce, the second being competition state. The stage itself goes from first checkpoint after finish line to the last checkpoint before finish line. On the second lap, the finish line may not be crossed. If you do so, you will be disqualified.

Some Rallies may contain one or more Super Special Stages. These are basically 1-lap time attacks, with 2 cars racing "head to head", one starting at the original start line, one starting about halfway around the course, in the same manner as the Monaco SSS in real life. Winning a SSS will give bonus points for the championship.
 
Does this sound more correctly? :)

It does, generally. Would it not be a better idea, perhaps, to run 3 laps? It could allow people to finish their entire lap, and get a reading on their lap time, at the right hand timing screen. If I'm the first guy out, how do I keep track of my sector time, if I can't remember it?
 
MrMelancholy15
It does, generally. Would it not be a better idea, perhaps, to run 3 laps? It could allow people to finish their entire lap, and get a reading on their lap time, at the right hand timing screen. If I'm the first guy out, how do I keep track of my sector time, if I can't remember it?

That I will have to look further into at the test rallies :)
 
It does, generally. Would it not be a better idea, perhaps, to run 3 laps? It could allow people to finish their entire lap, and get a reading on their lap time, at the right hand timing screen. If I'm the first guy out, how do I keep track of my sector time, if I can't remember it?

How about a vote for both? Not in an attempt to complicate things, just thinking that while agreeing with 3 laps, everyone could run their shakedown lap pretty much at the same time. Then settle out before the start line so the timer doesnt start. Laps 2 and 3 would then commence.

Ignoring everything that I just wrote however, are you still keeping the 30 second start intervals?
 
metalgear696
How about a vote for both? Not in an attempt to complicate things, just thinking that while agreeing with 3 laps, everyone could run their shakedown lap pretty much at the same time. Then settle out before the start line so the timer doesnt start. Laps 2 and 3 would then commence.

Ignoring everything that I just wrote however, are you still keeping the 30 second start intervals?

Everybody runs their recce lap at the same time. Then we go to the start line at the same time and, as w.i.p., we start as in real rally. There is, again a little w.i.p., no official start point as long as it's behind the checkpoint.

There is still an interval, it may change to 20 seconds though

Hope it makes sense :) otherwise it will be demonstrated in the test rallies (which I hope to hold in August or September)
 
Everybody runs their recce lap at the same time. Then we go to the start line at the same time and, as w.i.p., we start as in real rally. There is, again a little w.i.p., no official start point as long as it's behind the checkpoint.

There is still an interval, it may change to 20 seconds though

Hope it makes sense :) otherwise it will be demonstrated in the test rallies (which I hope to hold in August or September)

Some of the other drivers might not be fast enough to keep up the pace for 20 seconds. We're working with various skill levels. All I know, though, is that my Mitsubishi team seems fast. So, I'm thinking you should either leave the 30 seconds, or extend it. Preferably, leave it as is.
 
Some of the other drivers might not be fast enough to keep up the pace for 20 seconds. We're working with various skill levels. All I know, though, is that my Mitsubishi team seems fast. So, I'm thinking you should either leave the 30 seconds, or extend it. Preferably, leave it as is.

I've had that thought as well and that brings to mind a question I've had for a little while. Are you going to be timing the runs live or while viewing the saved replays? Related to that will you be using GT5's clock or the good ol' stopwatch? I vote stopwatch. :lol:👍

Edit: Whichever way, it seems like a lot of work with 3 divisions. I'd be happy to volunteer with post race analysis and timing if you'd allow it. I'd be fair and impartial of course under penalty of complete disqualification from the WRC and WMA if found cheating.
 
Last edited:
I've had that thought as well and that brings to mind a question I've had for a little while. Are you going to be timing the runs live or while viewing the saved replays? Related to that will you be using GT5's clock or the good ol' stopwatch? I vote stopwatch. :lol:👍

Edit: Whichever way, it seems like a lot of work with 3 divisions. I'd be happy to volunteer with post race analysis and timing if you'd allow it. I'd be fair and impartial of course under penalty of complete disqualification from the WRC and WMA if found cheating.

Oh, darn. That's my ticket NOT to do post-race marshalling. :lol:


Serious note: Shall we have a representative from each team...?
 
My God, how have I missed this for the past two and a half weeks?
gogatrs/gogatrs/Ford Focus for me
I've just skimmed the OP, will take a closer look at it tomorrow.
However, there is no telling what state my PS3 or myself will be in another six months from now...
 
My God, how have I missed this for the past two and a half weeks?
gogatrs/gogatrs/Ford Focus for me
I've just skimmed the OP, will take a closer look at it tomorrow.
However, there is no telling what state my PS3 or myself will be in another six months from now...

I posted in ALMS a few seconds ago.. Did you happen to see my signature? :lol:
 
As a matter of fact... no.
 
metalgear696
I've had that thought as well and that brings to mind a question I've had for a little while. Are you going to be timing the runs live or while viewing the saved replays? Related to that will you be using GT5's clock or the good ol' stopwatch? I vote stopwatch. :lol:👍

Edit: Whichever way, it seems like a lot of work with 3 divisions. I'd be happy to volunteer with post race analysis and timing if you'd allow it. I'd be fair and impartial of course under penalty of complete disqualification from the WRC and WMA if found cheating.

I'll be using the good old stopwatch timing in the replays :) and I'd be glad if you and (possibly) just one more would help, then we can take a division each :) that reminds me that I still need to find an SWRC car :lol:
 
I'll be using the good old stopwatch timing in the replays :) and I'd be glad if you and (possibly) just one more would help, then we can take a division each :) that reminds me that I still need to find an SWRC car :lol:

Haha I had a hunch you wouldn't turn down the help. After all we're talking about the possibly of timing 48 cars. :scared: So I'll take a division, preferably the PWRC since I currently dont have plans to enter.
 
metalgear696
Haha I had a hunch you wouldn't turn down the help. After all we're talking about the possibly of timing 48 cars. :scared: So I'll take a division, preferably the PWRC since I currently dont have plans to enter.

If you find a way to get the replays without being in the room (or were you just talking about not driving?) that's a 10-4 :)
 
If you find a way to get the replays without being in the room (or were you just talking about not driving?) that's a 10-4 :)

No I just completely dropped the ball on that one, you're right, I cant just magically get replays because I've wished it. :lol: Just hand me a division, I'll do it, I'm in 2/3 anyway.
 
No I just completely dropped the ball on that one, you're right, I cant just magically get replays because I've wished it. :lol: Just hand me a division, I'll do it, I'm in 2/3 anyway.

Replay file-share. 👍
 
I was thinking, but maybe a rear wheel drive class would also be welcomed. Even though there isn't an actual class in the WRC but they used to drive rear wheel drive cars
 
SWRC entry is a fiat punto hgt abarth
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back