Working on the "Perfect Game"...

RH:

Take a look around and find MK's Utility. While most people use it to create Hybrids, It can also be used to check out car set-ups from replays.

For instance, you load a replay, and I can check all of the settings used...Including type of tires/camber...gear ratios... Everything. Very handy when you get into OLR.

As an additional note, on your trip to Wal-mart, pick up a sharkport. It'll be one of the best used accessories for the PS@ that you'll have.

Thanks for the notes on the 100% and the Compendium.

Till later,
AO

So it is finally over. I'd been following this since I first came here to GTP, you truely are a great at this game. Congrats.

Wow.. I read through about 40% of this whole thread and im just amazed. Really great job RoadHazzard. I believe this actually deserves a "sticky" post so it stays at the top.

I know there are alot of people here who would like to know some information that is held in this topic. ;)

By the way, did you ever get to send that memory card off?

I'm afraid I'm going to get lynched for this one - but please bear with me. I in no way wish to belittle Road Hazzard's acheivement as I believe it to be extraordinary (I WOULD say that, wouldn't I)...

I completed my own "perfect game" on 13th September 2002. This game does differ slightly in it's final edit from Road Hazzard's, but I'll give a precis:

100.0% complete in 229 game days.
337/337 race wins, 100% ratio.
48/0/0 licences - all gold.
Oddly my mileage is "significantly" higher, at just over 10000 miles, but I believe this to be a combination of a few pre-qualifying stints, a few extra laps in 2 hr enduro racing (I hold a few 2h distance records at Racing-Line) and version inconsistancies.
NTSC converted to PAL gamesave, for European (ie British) drivers who want to drive in mph not km/h.

After I finished, I went through the garage with mk's editor and rearranged it, so that the slowest basic road car (IMO the Mini Cooper) was first, through to the quickest basic road car (TS020), then slowest basic race car (Lupo Cup) through to quickest basic race car (P001). All cars are represented at least once.

I inserted the hidden, but PAL-driveable, Nissan R34 Skyline Mspec Nur as well. There was no point in adding the Stratos twins, 996 911 and Diablo as I cannot use them. I seem to recall adding the 10 million credits from GT: Concept as well (for non-PAL users, if you finish GT: Concept you can add 10 million credits to any GT3 game save - only ONCE per GT3 save though).

I've attempted to get GAME (UK store chain) to sell the file, but they seem to be uninterested - despite the fact GT3 has at least another 12 months before GT4 hits the shelves, and no "cheat" cards are currently on the market for it. So I wish Road Hazzard the best luck on getting through to PD.

Good on you too Famine :) 👍 It must be hard to do all that...

I think go-to-woah took 3 months. The Arcade mode took three days, then the licences took a weekend. After that it was fairly easy-going. I did the MX-5 (Miata, whatever), Roadster Challenge route. Got a Polyphony 002... Game over.

It was my second game - I'd already hit 100% with all-gold licences on my pure-PAL game. I just felt like driving in mph, so I got an NTSC blank save and converted it. Then I decided to do it as quickly as possible.

As I mentioned in the thread that brought me here, I don't think I am the first to do it either - the game had been available across the globe for a full 15 months by that point.

mmm...yeh, some nut had probably done it within a month of buying the game...:lol:

Codejunkies offer a GT3 game download for free, things like that may have to do with it's limited marketability. That and the fact that it's just too much fun to play the game yourself. ;-) Nah, the latter's just a joke, I know there are plenty of sods who are not really into racing but just like to play with fancy cars 'n stuff. Ah well. ;-)

Just did my first Mistral Enduro. Was really too tired for it but learnt a lot there, I think I can beat your bronze at gt3times easily enough the next attempt (right now my laptimes varied from 1'13 to 1'30 :roll:, but then I think you probably can too. ;-)

A.

Absolutely right Arwin. I've found that over here in the UK most "kids" (7-15) who get a game, the first thing they want is a 100% cheat, or an invincibility cheat, or basically anything to make the game pointless. I used to do that kind of thing myself when I first had the A500 (I grew out of it pretty quick, when I realised it was NOT fun). That's why I thought there'd be a market for it over here - not least with the mph conversion.

Dodge - Yep. Where there's nutters like Road Hazzard and me, there's always more of us... :D

Originally posted by RoadHazzard
With as crazy as life is these days, there aren't many people who can dedicate themselves to such a time-consuming endeavor (I averaged just over 2 hrs/day for 82 days).

Anybody else notice that he vastly unerestimated the amount of time he spent getting 100%? 2 hrs 20 min a day for 82 days would be 191 hours. Doesn't it take about 150 hours just to get 100% if you don't repeat anything? I just basically did the same thing RoadHazard did, and I had better luck with the endurance races, and it still took about 250 hours. Maybe more like 300 hours, because it's what I've been doing from about 10pm to 2am for most of the last 75 days.

Originally posted by RoadHazzard
LOL! Here are some notable multi-attempt prize cars I had to work REALLY hard for...

F687/S - 7 attempts @ Endurance/Seattle 100 miles
F090/S - 6 attempts @ Professional/Formula GT: Race 10 (78 Laps @ Cote d'Azur)
ALTEZZA LM Race Car - 2 attempts @ Endurance/Laguna Seca 200 Endurance
Clio Sport Race Car - *10* attempts @ Endurance/Super Speedway 150
RX-7 LM Race Car - 3 attempts @ Endurance/Tokyo Route 246
ARTA NSX JGTC(J) - 3 attempts @ Endurance/Special Stage Route 11
R390 Road Car - 6 attempts @ Endurance/Grand Valley 300
F688/S - 7 attempts @ Endurance/Roadster Endurance (got the car after my 2nd attempt, but was going for something else at the time)

Going by what he's said and using some very generous estimates, that's 115 hours without considering the other 2 endurance races, the many hours spent doing the the PD Cup and the rest of the Formula GT, the other 25 championships (many of which he repeated the last race several times), all the other events, hours spent in Arcade Mode (he ran every race in arcade, not just hard mode), plus the time trials.

I'm certainly not trying to be critical/skeptical of what RoadHazard did, but before anybody else tries this, let me tell you I guarantee that if he did what he says, it took more like 300 hours.

Maybe if I would've read this thread first it would've saved me some time, or maybe I wouldn't have spent the last 2.5 months doing it at all.
:)

Originally posted by Cobraboy
Who died and made you king?

And just what is your problem? I read every post on this thread, and I happened to notice that he was wrong by a good 100 hours about how long it took him. I was being as polite as I could. If you think I should've just kept my mouth shut, well, fine.... To quote Dodge's sig, "Look, your opinion has been noted..."

But you always have the air of: 'Well I'm right and you're wrong' Can you just accept the fact that you may have something different from someone else?

CONGRATS guys :bowdown: :cheers:

I did a similar thing way back in GT1 and amazingly some of the same problems existed back then too:
1) Getting all golds is extremely difficult, its clearly the hardest part of the task. But it does unlock that key first "free" car to get you going.
2) The random-ness of the prize cars really screws up your plans :banghead:
3) Most of the races are a joke as they are too easy to win, while others are downright impossible given your limited car choices and budget.

Clearly if your good enough to get all golds in the test then you realize just how weak the game's AI drivers are. A prime example is that GT1's "Normal Race" (stock cars - NO mods allowed) a gold driver could use the Eclipse to beat the mighty TRD Supra :rolleyes: what a joke huh? How if the NSX was in the entry list you had to exit out and reload and he was way too quick.

As far as the number of REAL hours it takes... all I know is that it's WAY more free time then I have ;)

Once again congrats to those brave souls that have accomplished this awesome task 👍

OK, fellow GTP'ers! I'm finally gettin off my ass and I'm gonna send Jordan a copy of my "perfect" game. I'll let y'all know what you might expect as soon as I get a hold of him.

Stay "Tuned", and Have a Great Drive!

Hazzard

RoadHazzard
The biggest problems for me ahead are: How much money to spend for upgrades? This, I imagine, will require A HECK OF A LOT of test-runs in many different situations. Before racing the Professional/Vitz Race, I spent a good 3 days trying a bunch of upgrade combos, only to give in to frustration and spend 77000 credits on the "Oinkmobile" (doesn't that pink one look like a little piggy?)!!! Hazzard
Frustration? Why, if it's such an easy race?? :ill:

Well this has inspired me, and since I had 98% completion with each f1 car, broke 300, I had no goals but to get the Diablo. Now, I have erased my file, and I am currently starting over B license. I'm going to try my hardest to combine two of which were said here, 1 to spend 0 cr or as close to it as possible, and 100% completion, all gold, never repeating, 100% win rate.

Good stuff! Good luck on your journey, GFGLegendary! It just goes to show how great of a game this is that people are willing to RE-play it, more than 5 years after its release!

As a couple of tips, just remember that you must buy the TVR Speed 6, and some type of Mercedes. All other races can be done with prize cars (which may require a re-race if you get the "wrong" one from a multi-prize-car race/series). Also, I changed my oil quite a bit, but I imagine that you won't need as many to stay competitive.

Other than that, keep us informed! Have a great drive!
RoadHazzard

Back