World Classic Cars

• Thread starter sonny
  • 4 comments
Help us out a little:

Define best?

Do you want something to annihilate the competition just for game completion?
Do you want close tight racing for as many A-spec points as possible?
Have you already tried something, and why did it not work?

There's plenty of options here, sometimes a car that's not competetive against one lineup of AI opponents will wipe-the-floor with another set!

Easy wins can be had in: AC Cobra or Shelby Cobra once you learn to control those cars.

Competetive wins: Alfa Romeos, Isuzu 117 Coupe if you search for a lineup that doesn't contain the Buick Special, AC Cobra, Jaguar E-type, Chevrolet Corvette or Mercedes 300SL.

Avoid: Fiat 500, Citroen 2CV if you're looking for good points as these will drive the points total lower.

I agree with Smallhorses...what do you mean by "best?"

Anyways, I've conveniently listed several of the major Ai players that possibly will appear in the WCCS.

CLASS A
'66 AC 427 S/C
'62 Buick Special

CLASS B
'62 Mercury Cougar
'63 Corvette Coupe C2
'64 Ginetta G4

CLASS C
Lotus Elan S1
'64 Toyota 2000GT
'54 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe

CLASS D
'66 Alfa Spider Duetto
'65 Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA
'63 Alfa Giulia Sprint Speciale
'53 Corvette Convertible C1

CLASS E
any Honda Sports cars
any Nissan Skylines
any Nissan Silvias
'70 Mini Marcos

Class A cars (by my definition) are the fastest, and Class D are the possible slowest you'll find. I personally have never seen a full Class E grid...but these guys are so slow they won't matter to most players.

If you are having problems keeping up with the competition, for instance, it's probably because you've got either the AC Cobra or Buick Special (or both) showing up as Ai cars. Reset the game till they don't show up, or find a car that competes with them fairly...

Last edited:

How what?

How to avoid them? Enter / Exit the Championship (using the "Abandon All Races icon) before you begin the first race. It won't cost you any game days, and you can now enter the championship again and get a different AI lineup.

Or

How do they drive points lower? Simple, they have the lowest HP of the entries for this event, and hence a lineup with them in rather than higher HP cars will give less A-spec points. (Actually, my bad, the Fiat 500 doesn't appear in the World Classic Car Championship, I'm thinking of 1000 Miles! :dopey: The 3 cars to avoid as far as low A-spec points here are: Skyline 1500Deluxe '63 [68HP], Honda S800 '66 [68HP], Citroen 2CV '54 [14HP])

Anyway, try to avoid vague one word posts like that, since they often require more elaboration before you can get a worthwhile answer. :sly:

Here's the list of all possible AI entrants and HP figures listed in square brackets:

Buick Special '62 [577]
AC Cars 427 S/C '66 [478]
Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 [320]
Chevy Corvette Coupe '63 [249]
Mercedes 300 SL '54 [212]
Toyota 2000GT '67 [154]
Chevy Corvette '54 [150]
Alfa Sprint GTA 1600 '65 [113]
Alfa Sprint Speciale '63 [112]
Alfa Spider Duetto '66 [108]
Lotus Elan S1 '62 [104]
Skyline Sport Coupe '62 [92]