World Classic Cars

I used the Chapparel 2D Race car that I got from the Nurburgring 4hrs. Lost 2 of the races against the Buick Special cause the Chapparel only has a 2-speed gearbox stock lol...

The first time around I used my '69 Z-28. It was however fully modded and quite a difficult car to tune properly. The back end of the thing likes to come around where the front is supposed to be!!!
Last night I ran the European Classics with the Mercedes 300CL. I will have to admit this is one of the best handling OLD cars I've driven so far. I went with all drive train mods, only stage 1 N/A no other HP mods, full cust differential, and semi racing suspension . It was a blast. The Euro races had a A/C 427 that was the only competition. It overpowered me, but the Merc's handling killed him.
I reran the Professional Classics for fun and again was able to outdrive the Cobra. I'm going to run it again to see how it does against the Buick, which I think is the strongest of the potential AI cars in that race.

Just a word about the different stock manufacturer cars in the game. I've driven a pretty broad scope of cars at 39% rerunning a lot of races with different cars for fun. And I will have to say the German cars are probably some of the best stock cars in the game. The SL's, Beamers, scream, even the old classics. My SL55 is one of my favorites. Even beat the Supercar Championship with it with Stock HP only suspension, and drivetrain mods.

First time I tried those races, I used my supercharged '67 Mercury Cougar, figuring it would be close to the AI. Wrong. My opponents were a bunch of sub-200hp '60s Japanese compacts. I had a three second lead half a minute into the race, which sucked, so I quit.

I went back to my garage and snagged one of my old Skylines, thinking that would provide a good race with the cars I'd seen the first time. Well, I was right on that score. It was able to run with the Japanese cars just fine. Unfortunatly, the game decided to put an AC Cobra in the race as well. Needless to say, I was about fifteen seconds behind after a couple of laps. Gah! So I quit and re-entered, and hey, no AC Cobra! Maybe this one will be a good race. Wong again! This time the AI pulls out the Buick Special. I finish twenty seconds behind this time. Gah! I re-enter a few more times, hoping to get a championship without the Cobra or Buick, but never do. Now I'm just pissed, so I go buy my own Buick Special. I run it stock, and finally get a decent race out of it. Of course, I only get one A-spec point for running a car identical to the fastest AI opponent, but hey, I tried to be fair and the damn game cheated me. I managed to win every event except the 'Ring, most of them by just a second or two. That Buick is a handful! I was only able to finish a distant third at the 'Ring because I'd never done a full lap of the track before. Let me tell you, running that track for the first time in that Buick is a hell of an introduction. It was still a blast, though. :D

The whole notion of adding superfast AI cars to otherwise close races does suck, especially when it's not factored into the A-spec point values. (I think the races where I tried to run the Skyline were only 30 points or so, despite the fact that it was literally impossible to keep up with the Cobra or Buick no matter how well I drove...) Especially those times where you get yourself a faster car to compete with the supercar, and then end up with five AI opponents that have half your horsepower because the game only enters the supercar when your car is weak. What's the logic in that? :odd:

I was determined to use the Honda S800 race car, so I opened the race a few times until the competition looked about equal (read - no V-8's) the only real competition was the Lotus Elan. It made for a fun race though! The prize car is hilarious.

I had a slight bit of trouble on this event too until I won the Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61 I tried racing it Stock and got all silvers that Buick Special is quick !!!

I then tweaked the Jag somewhat and smoked that entire event I'm now racing the European 1000 miles event with the same car and kicking some ass :)

Nice car to drive also....

LightningX
C3 Corvette Sting Ray, I think its the '69. I tuned it to 400hp. I also used it for the Euro classic car series.

A vette in the Euro series....?! Euro as in Minnesota, or Vette as in Renault?? lol

I was hoping to use my '67 Skyline but have had either the Buick or AC to contend with every time. In the end I used my Chevelle and won all but the 'Ring with relative ease. Would be nice to know if there is a certain day where there are no V8s to deal with.

Tomado
Against all those small European and Japanese cars, my Superbird was like a void ready to suck the smaller cars up.

The size difference made it funny, especially on the Nur.
I used the Charger.

really?

I've used the mercury cougar, and even used the GT40 race car.....and for some reason, I am still having problems....

like, that AC 427 is such a crazy fast car....

and I know this may sound crazy, but it appears that braking power has been heavily reduced in this race series.......I have no way of explaining it, but then I've never had this much problem slowing down my car in any other series as well......could this be a glitch?

I have it on sports brakes and everything.....and the braking power is excellent in other races, just not this series......

i never had this much problem in any of hte other races....atleast up to this point

if you want it easy
old school gt40 race car with sports tyres, but on the ring be careful.. just take it easy esp on bspec

the more i think about it, the more i think it's a glitch with my game

I used GT40 race car with level 4 upgrade.......giving it about 650 horses

I then used B-spec mode to race the ac 427 on nerburgring

and i won it by only about 2 seconds or so.....

and when i A-specced cote d'azur, I only only by 1 second or so

and I'm pretty decent in the GT series, so I don't really thing its any disability on my behalf....

where can i buy the buick speacial???????????

Found it, for get this car man, i went past in some previous american race, the car seemed a bit slow,

I have a Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 pretty much tuned to the MAX,

Can someone give me some tips on what to do to win cos im rubbish with this car,,
:)

ok the buick is pissing on me cos im only managing to hit 137 with the Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454

How can make the 4 th gear to more then this 137mph

EDIT:

I Brought the fully customising transmission,

and tuned to the general level of 12, and hey presto, ITS MY TURN TO PISS ALL OVER THOSE CRAPPY OLD MODELS......

LOVE IT

I've had the same problem. Then i bought the Buick Special (58000) tuned it with a compressor and soft sports tires and it blew everything away. BUT: there was no Buick or Cobra at the start!!

goldenarms
Yes im crap, still couldnt do it with the Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454
, i finished second, :indiff:

You have to play with the gear ratios, or at least the final drive ratio so you can get a higher top speed, or you'll max out at like 110.

dbartucci
You have to play with the gear ratios, or at least the final drive ratio so you can get a higher top speed, or you'll max out at like 110.

I did dude, like the overal average gear ratio i varied for each race like putting it @ 12 - 15 , this enabled me ok top speeds,

My main rival was the cobra lookalike, going into the LAST RACE of the championship we were both on the same points 36 points i think.

The final race was on LAGUNA SECA, the cobra lookalike completely pissed on me. I brought the gear ratio closer like the main average to 7-6 ( before it was around(12-15 ).

I did closer gearing ratios cos i can have more acceleration as the track isnt really the one for top speeds, i broke late and pushed hard,,,

After 3 attempts ( resetting my ps2 after each failed attemt ) and
2 cans of beer later i finished SECOND in the championship,,
& almost smashed my last controller..

SO CLOSE, BUT YET SO FAR,,

ill come back with the BUICK since everyone is pouring the PRAISE to that car.

safe guys,,, 👍

just get the buick special '62, bung a supercharger on, beef the brakes (well i did all the mods LOL)

drives like a dream, plus u can use it for all the US races too

and it sounds and looks so damn sexy too

goldenarms
I did dude, like the overal average gear ratio i varied for each race like putting it @ 12 - 15 , this enabled me ok top speeds,

Are you otherwise tuning your car? If you aren't concerned about a-spec points just tune the engine until you've got about 700 hp, you'll walk all over that AC cobra

dbartucci
Are you otherwise tuning your car? If you aren't concerned about a-spec points just tune the engine until you've got about 700 hp, you'll walk all over that AC cobra

yeah man, its tuned to the max, the cobra lookalike killed me in the last 3 races of that championship,

im gonna try the buick special maxed out,

👍

Back