World Classic Cars

I'm stuck on the race in the Professional League. I just can't win in any of those races, the best I can do is second. What car is the best car to use in that series?

cap'n crunch032
I'm stuck on the race in the Professional League. I just can't win in any of those races, the best I can do is second. What car is the best car to use in that series?

May I recomend a personal fave of mine. The '70 charger just squeeks in under the '70 model year rule. You don't even have to mod it to win.

Don't expect many A spec points though...

genita g4 <<<win it some were i forgot
alfa 1600 (freaking hot) one make race in alfa
shelby gt350r (shelby one make race)
i suggest the genita, its easy to win
there all realy fast cars that will woop any cometition

I won it with my fully modded '69 Nissan Bluebird Deluxe. I had to make a few attempts to get all gold though, finally won it when none of the V8 cars showed up.

I guess they got tired of beating me. :)

The G4 has 90 horsepower. The Mercedes SL has +200.

Please explain how the phuck you won.

The G4, when tuned, weighs about 800 lbs with 240 hp. It smokes the lot of em, except when the '62 Buick shows. Honestly, use the extra 58,000 to buy the Buick instead of 100,000 tuning a mini-Cobra.

And a side note: watch the language. :)

i modded my '67 toyota 2000gt(one of my personal fav cars) to race, and it got smoked by the AC 427(cobra lookalike), so i bought one of those and barely won the tournament by 6 points

Jetboys427
The G4, when tuned, weighs about 800 lbs with 240 hp. It smokes the lot of em, except when the '62 Buick shows. Honestly, use the extra 58,000 to buy the Buick instead of 100,000 tuning a mini-Cobra.

Yeah i just realized that, didn't see the Turbo horsepower boost. But wow does it turn like a brick. A very light brick. :lol:

The Buick still spanked me. :(

I could have sworn there was already a thread on this...
I used the Chevelle SS 454, but you have to give it the racing tranny so you can play with the gearing, or you'll top out at around 113mph, just fast enough to watch the Cobra easily pull away.

I used a supercharged Mercury Cougar against the Buick Special and barely won the championship. Had to go back and claim a couple single-race golds afterwards though, he smoked me at Fuji and on the 'Ring.

I was able to win a couple of the races with my 70 Chevelle, but only got 1 A-spec point. I like to have competition, so I tried some of my smaller 50-100 HP cars, but then the Buick or the AC cobra always showed up. So, I thought, well, I'll just win it with my Chevelle. I get back in my Chevelle, and all the cars are underpowered 50-100 HP cars. I don't understand this game. I want a even match, not me blowing the computer away, and not the computer just smoking me.

Used a 70 Superbird.

It was black too.

Against all those small European and Japanese cars, my Superbird was like a void ready to suck the smaller cars up.

The size difference made it funny, especially on the Nur.

Tomado

oryan_dunn
I was able to win a couple of the races with my 70 Chevelle, but only got 1 A-spec point. I like to have competition, so I tried some of my smaller 50-100 HP cars, but then the Buick or the AC cobra always showed up. So, I thought, well, I'll just win it with my Chevelle. I get back in my Chevelle, and all the cars are underpowered 50-100 HP cars. I don't understand this game. I want a even match, not me blowing the computer away, and not the computer just smoking me.

Yeah I noticed that all through the game it sucks. The stupid thing is though I go into a race with a stock car to get some more A-spec points and I should get about 100 or so but I lose to a car that thrashes me. So then I do the tiniest upgrade and bang, the faster car aint in the game so then I get 1 point. It sucks sometimes.

I've noticed the games matchmaking is horible. For example, I wanted to have a competitive race with my VW Karman Ghia, so I went to a family cup on one of the tracks. I first tried at 0 difficulty, and my car overpowered all the others. So, I bumped it up to 2. The game put a fricking Dodge Ram Hemi that just ran over everyone else. (If the game would allow, it would quite literally have run over the top of all the other cars in the lineup). It is so fustrating. I just want a comptetive race with similar cars. I guess the only way to do it is with a 6 player lan, which fortunately, I have set up at my house all the time (NOT!!!!). That's why I'm looking forward to Enthusia, if they can make it so that the game matches the AI cars up right, it will be much more satisfying.

Sorry of the OT post.

Hands down, The buick special is the best classic car under 60 000 credits. it smoked the na and fr races stock, and goes 218 without transmission tweaking.

I'm really not proud of it and it is sort of cheating, but I used the 69' ford gt40, smoked everyone, would have used my ginetta g4, but I wanted to try out the gt40 round the ring' and thought entering it would actually put it to use instead of a free run. that's right, everyone point and yell "that's no fun cheater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :-D

WRX racer 04
If you have the money get the AC 427, expenisve as hell but i smoked every thing, including the buick, i was tired of losing with my Fairlady 2000 and G4

I think its the AI cause I smoked all the other cars including the AC 427 with the Buick.

I used my Superbird. Racing tranny to get a higher top speed, not to good coming out of the hole though. Also upgraded the brakes and did surprisingly well, won the trophy with ease. Note: neither the Buick or AC were in the race.

Latest Posts

Back