World Cup 2002

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Kelly, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Voltron

Voltron

Awww, I missed the Mexico match. Go USA!
    Bring it on Germany!

2. Giancarlo

Giancarlo Premium

USA won, schweet.

3. Rod

Rod

congrats to my friends in the US, today it was a nice one mates :) I hope our team is better than mexico ;)

4. Brian P

Brian P

Woohoo!! Go Korea.

I hate Italy, damn diving bastards.

5. Kelly

Kelly

I'm glad Korea beat them too :D

6. Saleen Man

Saleen Man

Go Korea!! Glad they won, never much liked Italy. Too bad Japan is out though, would've been nice to see both host teams go through.

7. Voltron

Voltron

I think you have nothing to worry about...

but bring it on all the same! :)

8. Voltron

Voltron

What are these guys doing???

Attached Files:

9. Rod

Rod

nice one voltron [​IMG]

goooooo Germany goooo [​IMG]

10. Almost time:)
    England - Brazil starts tomorrow.
    I hope England wins:D

11. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

Brazil are all attack we should cut through their defence Micheal Owen Stylee!

SVEN HE DA MAN!!!

12. NocturnalPS

NocturnalPS Staff Emeritus

I have heard different things about Germany. I dont know who will win but i would like to see USA beat them but on the other hand i dont think US will have what it takes to beat them. But i guess we will see tomorrow. ;)

13. If Usa wants to defeat Germany, they should play a hell of a lot better then they did against Poland

14. NocturnalPS

Yeah they sucked in that game. If they do what they did to Mexico (alot of d-fence) they might have a chance with Germany.

15. Brian P

Brian P

What like punch the ball? Maybes the referee won't be blind this time.

16. NocturnalPS

LOL... :lol: Yeah. But i kindof wanted Mexico to win that game. Hey US could win if they get the same ref. :lol:

17. Brian P

Brian P

Did you hear about the Korean guy, who scored the Golden goal against Italy?

Well, he plays for a club in Italy, and the owner fired him. :lol:

Bad losers. :shakehead:

18. NocturnalPS

Yeah i heard something about that. Something like hes not alowed back in to the country. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: Poor guy.

19. sn00pie

sn00pie Staff Emeritus

Stupid club owner...

20. Werner Winkels

Werner Winkels

That's to be sorrowful !
    England is out. :eek:

But this is a good position for Germany.
    If we kick out Brazil, the English people are happy.

But first, we must to overmaster the USA.

21. Kelly

Kelly

Well done to Germany, i did want USA to win though :p but ... whomever i support they lose :( :rolleyes:

Now i want Senegal to go on and WIN!!! :)

22. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

Watched both games last night/this morning. 1st - Man I'm tired (and dumb according to my wife) :D

2nd - Two great games. I thought England was through after Owen got his goal, but it wasn't to be. The brits were playing great in the 1st half and than it all kinda went away. :confused:

The US has really done me and our nation proud, I never would have thought that they could have got to the round of 8 when this started, especially being in a group with Protugal, and the Host team Korea. Granted, they had help (thank you again South Korea) getting in to the Quarters, they did oust a good, solid, playing very well Mexico club. And they played a fine match against Germany, which I wouldn't have thought would have lasted for two entire halfs.

Oh well, great World Cup and lets (me anyway) hope Brazil doesn't win it. :p

23. Kelly

Kelly

I'm still annoyed we lost :mad: :cry:

24. Rod

Rod

Oliver Kahn vs USA 1 - 0 :eek

congrats to the US team for a great game :) harder as all of us thought about but you did a fine job during the last two games and you have a young team to do well in future :)

damn german pay tv :O only heard about the england - brasil match yet :mad: sad that Engeland is out but i hope you re goin with us now :rolleyes: ;)

Attached Files:

25. Zero

Zero

Yeah it was a good game, the Germans played just a tad better than the Americans :cheers: Rod

26. barryf1fan

barryf1fan Premium

Thanks for the compliment, and yes, I am with Germany now. I want the team to win it that beat us. Kahn is one helluva keeper
    I sincerely think he was the difference in the game. Friedel had a couple of saves but nothing really pesky. Kahn made some great saves and is why you guys are going on... I mean 1 goal in 5 games. That is truly awesome, especially seeing how the US got around the German back line (several times, with shots on goal), I'm not knocking the Germans defenseive abilities, but I think the US defensive backs were a touch better than the Germans.
    I think if we could just beef up our midfield we would be a definite contender, as I think Claudio Renya hurt the US some. Not-so much in the Germany game but in other games.
    Like I said before... Oh well.
    I am disappointed but happy for them and the coaching staff. We got to the round of 16 (and beyond), and I didn't think we would get out of the group. :rolleyes:

Congrats GERMANY!!! :soccer: WIN THE CUP!!!

27. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

Yeah but Sven Goran Erricson he is still da man so give him some credit.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo damn superior football nation Brazil. Oh well ill just have to wait for Euro 2004.

28. Rod

Rod

:D

Attached Files:

29. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

I wanted to do that today :(
    Anyway good luck germany even though I didnt see any other matches today. I was too depressed :(

30. Saleen Man

Saleen Man

Go Brazil!! Go Germany!! BTW- Who called 2-1 Brazil?:p