World Event: Suzuka 700PP 10 laps | Any car | xx:00 / :30

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 616 comments
You got it!!! on the hour and at half past.. Make sure you set your PS3 time via the internet option.. join at those times and your good to go 👍

I might join later.. in the F40. :D

Is this a cunning plan to race online with fellow GTP-ers? Or is there another reason for the time specifics? Sorry for all the questions. I take it I should use my GTP acccount.

Is this a cunning plan to race online with fellow GTP-ers? Or is there another reason for the time specifics? Sorry for all the questions. I take it I should use my GTP acccount.

Haha!! Yes that is the idea.. To meet fellow clean racers. ;)

Up to you which account you use. :dopey:

No biggie, that tune is ancient.

Ancient or not clacksman, using R1600Turbo tune, which he modified from your tune, which I then modified....lol! I've managed to get very close to 2'00 flat. I'm gonna get her there this month, i'm sure of it. Your tune is always a great base for me to start out with man.👍 But you already know that considering the amount of request I sent to ya personally....:D

350Z cup? It might get me back racing ;)

Having had a run out in the 350z yesterday i was thinking there would be great racing with this car. A 350z cup sounds good!

Ancient or not clacksman, using R1600Turbo tune, which he modified from your tune, which I then modified....lol! I've managed to get very close to 2'00 flat. I'm gonna get her there this month, i'm sure of it. Your tune is always a great base for me to start out with man.👍 But you already know that considering the amount of request I sent to ya personally....:D

A flat 2.00.000 in the 350Z?

350z cup sounds great!

Chris

A flat 2.00.000 in the 350Z?

350z cup sounds great!

Chris

LOL!!! That might be a bit optimistic. More like 2.00.9s.... Is what I really mean..:dunce:

EL_Zzzzzzzz, It's yo turn man......? Looking like everyone's liking da event slimmy. Would you prease do da honor and start one of those battle of the sleepers and thang man.????????:D

I am also in for 350cup.
But i've notice something.
if you change the aero down to 12 or less you get 699 or 698 points.
is that correct or i chose the wrong car?:drool:

I am also in for 350cup.

I think you have the right car, and I think one of the tunes had the aero specified a bit too low.

LOL!!! That might be a bit optimistic. More like 2.00.9s.... Is what I really mean..:dunce:

EL_Zzzzzzzz, It's yo turn man......? Looking like everyone's liking da event slimmy. Would you prease do da honor and start one of those battle of the sleepers and thang man.????????:D

👍 do you have a recording of your lap, would really like to see it. so far my fastest 2.01.144 in free run

Chris

👍 do you have a recording of your lap, would really like to see it. so far my fastest 2.01.144 in free run

Chris

Man I was in a hurry to get into the practice race and forgot to save that freaking lap:grumpy:, I did upload the one that I did saved the one prior to that on gtbd at 2'01.301. I was in 01.1s many time during the race at 699pp though so I know I can find a faster lap to post on gtbd for ya. LOLOLOLOL!!!!! I just saw your posted time, and it faster thank the one I've saved. Why would you bother looking at my time.... With TPRA Qualification, you need to Q with 700PP, for some reason I'm slower with 700PP.

I am also in for 350cup.

You got the right car OCT.... I find that I was fastest at 699pp man.

Last edited:
I'm going to try and get into the next race guys, with a pilfered tune (thanks) . Hope i dont hold anyone up, i cant get near these lap times.

I think you have the right car, and I think one of the tunes had the aero specified a bit too low.

Depends on the setup really. I found that if I raised the rear aero to max out the 700pp, my setup would understeer. I kept the number down to where I thought it worked best, putting the PP around 695 I believe.

Depends on the setup really. I found that if I raised the rear aero to max out the 700pp, my setup would understeer. I kept the number down to where I thought it worked best, putting the PP around 695 I believe.

I'm not sure and I may be wrong but I always thought you had to race with the exact PP, i.e 700PP for this race?

Last edited:
I'm not sure and I may be wrong but I always thought you had to race with the exact PP, i.e 700PP for this race?

That was my understanding as well, but what the hey, it's real late in the "season", and if it keeps folks interested in racing, I'm fine with it.

PS. If understeer is a problem, you might try my spring/shock settings posted above. They look like they do because, once again, I believe PD has the springs reversed, front to rear. So I have the "rear" sprung very stiff relative to the "front". I think my tune has pretty good balance, but then, that's just my opinion. :)

Last edited:
No, that's just the limit. Depending on the car, sometimes anything from 1-5 PP less can be just as fast as the max.

No, that's just the limit. Depending on the car, sometimes anything from 1-5 PP less can be just as fast as the max.

I'm not trying to be a stickler, but here's a brief quote from the OLR Rules:

When racing or entering GTPlanet's social or competitive race meetings, all drivers are expected to meet the Performance Point criteria. This means setting your car to the maximum PP in social events (unless stated otherwise), or setting your car to a specific PP in competitive events (unless stated otherwise

This is a pretty easy going event, so it doesn't bother me if the rules are bent just a bit. IMHO

I know the rule. I'm just going on what I've seen online in races. The only thing that comes from running less than the max PP is the chance to get punted off in the first corner.

I think it was a gentleman's agreement or something for these forums. Honestly, the car isn't quick enough to run with the top dogs in the Clios,etc. So I never worried about it. You start in front, then get passed by almost everyone by the time you get to turn one anyways.

I think it was a gentleman's agreement or something for these forums. Honestly, the car isn't quick enough to run with the top dogs in the Clios,etc. So I never worried about it. You start in front, then get passed by almost everyone by the time you get to turn one anyways.

Sounds good to me!

Oh hell, I'll just have to readjust the rear to make her just a tad bit loose. It really is not that big of a deal. I just found that at 699pp she seems to fit my style quite a bit. 1PP is really just a few tweak away.

Yo! I got a question. I just found this Hunter Spec Ferrari f430 '06 700pp tune.
It's supposed to be able to get lap times of around 2'00. I'm getting around 2'06.

I was wondering if you guys shift into 2nd gear anywhere around the track except the hairpin turn (11) and that really tight set of turns at the end of the track (16). I shift into 2nd gear around turn 2 and the spoon curve turn 14. It seems like if I try to stick with 3rd gear the rpms are really low and it's sluggish on the exit. If I get into 2nd I can keep the rpms high but I am also sliding quiet a bit and maybe scrubbing too much speed. Somehow I am 6 seconds off the target time and I need to find out where I am blowing it. I am very consistent with my times but I just cant get it any lower. Grrr. :ouch:

Any advice?

Yo! I got a question. I just found this Hunter Spec Ferrari f430 '06 700pp tune.
It's supposed to be able to get lap times of around 2'00. I'm getting around 2'06.

I was wondering if you guys shift into 2nd gear anywhere around the track except the hairpin turn (11) and that really tight set of turns at the end of the track (16). I shift into 2nd gear around turn 2 and the spoon curve turn 14. It seems like if I try to stick with 3rd gear the rpms are really low and it's sluggish on the exit. If I get into 2nd I can keep the rpms high but I am also sliding quiet a bit and maybe scrubbing too much speed. Somehow I am 6 seconds off the target time and I need to find out where I am blowing it. I am very consistent with my times but I just cant get it any lower. Grrr. :ouch:

Any advice?

You probably just need to practice, or you are just slow( like me). Just kidding! Pretty much practice is all i can say. And usually those 2'00.xx times or under are run by aliens.

Help.

I have spent days trying to figure out the best car for this event.. First I tried the Clio, but for some reason the car that I once thought gripped incredibly now slid around every corner. After a couple of different cars, I Tried the Impreza STi (BBS wheel option), and that worked perfectly, I entered the first set of curvy turns very fast, and kept it fast, never losing grip. However, The performance points for the Impreza maxes out at around 660, so I needed to find another car that could come closer to 700. Currently, I think the best car for the job is the F430, It has 10 more torque (And maybe a couple more horses) than the second best car I found, the amuse 350z. My tunings are regularly focused on weight (And/W aerodynamics) reduction, and then horsepower. I don't drift really, and have R3 tires set for all the cars I try. In regards to my tuning/style can anyone suggest a car they think is also very good? Preferably one that grips more, and is generally a bit better than the F430 (Because that's the car Im currently using).

Also, Can anyone tell me if the 'Tuned EVO X' (Or any tuned vehicles in that matter) are fitted with performance upgrades?

(I haven't really looked on the tuning forum)
Im also free to look at tunings you guys have. Tunings that are High gripping (Including Dampers, Spring rates, R/heights, camber, toe), Lower weight, faster acceleration(Gear settings). Or If you think I need a change of style/strategy then feel free to inform me.

Last edited:
Back