World Series 2006

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 121 comments
I don't :nervous:

But I still have confidence though...we'll pull through :sly:

EDIT: Wow, what a start for Maine đź‘Ť I honestly wasn't expecting so much from him, but he did do better than Carpenter.

If everything goes well, there will be a game 7 gentlemen! :D

Ciao!

That top of 9th, what a tease. Runner on second and third with no outs, then 2 outs in a row. Taguchi or Tabuchi, whatever his name was(both are legitimate Japanese last name), he came through again, but damn. :grumpy:

Game 7 guys!!!! right now on FOX.

I just came home from school and thank God it's only 1-1 with Perez on the mound :scared:

Ciao!

Holy crap, that Mets outfielder just made the best play of the MLB this season.

I missed that. It was 1-1 before I hit the shower, I can't believe it's still the same score.

Thanks to Suppan getting the Cards out of the jam. đź‘Ť

Holy crap, that Mets outfielder just made the best play of the MLB this season.
Best total defensive play I've ever seen. Too bad he choked while hitting with the bases loaded in the bottom half of that inning.

Shea stadium needs to fire the groundskeeper. The outfield streaks have a curve in them.

You are watching game 7 of the NLCS, the score is 1-1, there's always runners on base, the place is loaded with people, but what you notice is..... the curves on the outfield streaks??

You have to be the most observant person ever Omnis :lol:

Ciao!

That, and I notice that every single minor they've zoomed in on has curly hair. Wtf?

A-ha. The Mets suck at hitting, and the Cardinals just scored two.

baby-crying.jpg

Ciao!

Yep. Mets suck. New York sucks. Cardinals suck, too, but the Mets suck worse for not hitting jack squat with the bases loaded multiple times.

Suppan would've been my pick for the MVP, too. What a guy, what a pitcher. I'm a fan now, and I wish Braves or the Mariners get him. :D

What a game. I would've been happy to see a game like this, no matter who won(since neither were "my" teams :D). It was a very thrilling game, that's for sure.

I hope the Tigers have cooled down with the rest. Cardinals are clearly the underdog, but they surprised me against the Mets, and I would be pulling for them again.

Edit:
Boooooooooooo...

Come on, Beltran. The bat is supposed to go "swing".
Yeah, what was up with that? I thought for sure he was gonna hit it big. Three pitches, and he was done. Clearly not the Beltran I was impressed with, when he was with Houston.

I hope the Tigers win. They totally sucked the past few seasons. They deserve the win more than the cards.

How about this tired cliche? "Nobody gave us any credit". Athletes say it all the time, and they were the first words out of Scott Rolen's mouth after the win. No credit? Before Pujols went down hurt, folks were touting the Cardinals as the premier team in baseball. Before they lost their last 50 games, nearly blowing the division, people had already written their playoff ticket. No credit? Puh-lease.

How about this tired cliche? "Nobody gave us any credit". Athletes say it all the time, and they were the first words out of Scott Rolen's mouth after the win. No credit? Before Pujols went down hurt, folks were touting the Cardinals as the premier team in baseball. Before they lost their last 50 games, nearly blowing the division, people had already written their playoff ticket. No credit? Puh-lease.
The Tigers could say that, but never the Cardinals. They are pretty much contenders every year. They could just be hearing local negativity. I know quite a few Cardinals fans that gave up hope mid-season and started complaining.

And three comments that I never thought I would hear:

1) The Tigers have the best record in the majors so far. (From back in like June)
2) The Tigers beat the Yankees.
3) The Tigers are going to the World Series.

I'm going to check to see if my water has turned to blood or if there are a large number of locusts and frogs outside. If everything is clear I am building an underground shelter because I don't want to be around to see the results if I hear "The Tigers have won the World Series."

Joking aside, I am already looking on to next year in desperate hopes that my Reds will return to glory, some day. Maybe if they were allowed to gamble....

Anthony Reyes is a man. The Cards' staff next year might be pretty decent with Carpenter, Reyes and Wainright.

The Tigers look a tad rusty.

I fell asleep. :guilty: It was 1-0, Tigers, but Rolen tied it, 1-1. It looked like St. Louis brought in like 3 more runs in the next inning or two(I was already dozing off). I can't wait to find out the final score.

I think it's because they had a huge rest.
I told people this, and they all laughed at me. Especially when they told me that Tigers pitching is really young, and that the Tigers got hot pretty recently, and it wasn't like they were good, all season long. I tried to tell them that by sitting out extra 3 games or so, they might not be good enough to carry the momentum onto the next series. These guys were so confident in Tigers, they were talking about a sweep, but Cardinals, while not red hot, it's not like they looked tired in the NLCS. They were warmed up, while the hottest team in baseball sat for while. And when you sit, you start to think. In my experience, you don't want to over-think, when you gotta perform. I think it requires experience, or skill to come back "hot" after a break.

I'm not saying that Cards are going to take the Tigers to Game 7 or anything. I think I'm just tired of wannabe Mets and Tigers fans talking trash. :D I knew like 1 Mets fan, and no Tigers fan few weeks ago. Now I got bunch of fans of both teams backing "their" :rolleyes: teams up. I understand where Tommy Lasorda is coming from. But as far as I'm concerned, they are fair weather fans. :lol:

I just woke up, so I must've been bit cranky. How was the game, guys? Who looked good?

I fell asleep. :guilty: It was 1-0, Tigers, but Rolen tied it, 1-1. It looked like St. Louis brought in like 3 more runs in the next inning or two(I was already dozing off). I can't wait to find out the final score.

Cards won 7 - 2
In my experience, you don't want to over-think, when you gotta perform. I think it requires experience, or skill to come back "hot" after a break.

One of my favorite quotes is: "A good plan executed violently now, is better than a perfect plan next week." And I believe Der Alta has it in his sig too. This can be applied to so many things, like baseball, school, work, even basketball :D

I'm not saying that Cards are going to take the Tigers to Game 7 or anything. I think I'm just tired of wannabe Mets and Tigers fans talking trash. :D I knew like 1 Mets fan, and no Tigers fan few weeks ago. Now I got bunch of fans of both teams backing "their" :rolleyes: teams up.
I know, I've seen that too. I've met "Met fans" who were not able to name me a player other than David Wright and Pedro Martinez :rolleyes:

I understand where Tommy Lasorda is coming from. But as far as I'm concerned, they are fair weather fans. :lol:
Amen to that :lol:

I just woke up, so I must've been bit cranky. How was the game, guys? Who looked good?

Meh, Cards looked alright, they looked the same like when they played the Mets, it's just that the Tigers were really stinking.

A good post overall, +Rep :)

Ciao!

Meh, Cards looked alright, they looked the same like when they played the Mets, it's just that the Tigers were really stinking.
That's what I figured.

On the subject of fair weather fans, it's when they start talking smack for the band wagon they are riding. When I used to root for the Braves and the Bulls(in the NBA, of course), one of my friends hated both teams(a Dodger fan. YUCK. j/k). Each round, he would talk smack on behalf of the teams that were playing the Braves or the Bulls that week. It was pathetic, and he knew it, too. :lol:

P.S. Thanks for the rep points. I sure wasn't expecting it. :D

Between the ALMS finale, college football, and HNIC, this game got largely ignored by me.

Tommy Lasorda can shove it; I just don't really care about this series. At all.

Back