WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
Not a bad race for me at all and happy with my third place. Had some good battles, firstly with Jammy in the very wide GT40 and then @gtpanoz which ended when I was ran into. No harm no foul Panoz, I think you where always going to be quicker than me although whilst we where racing I kept you honest.

Great racing from all and its a shame about all the DC's

The moment I got into you, the both of us got by Snow. I must been checking the mirror to see where Snow was (didn't want to run him off the track), then you braked for the Horseshoe which I ran into you.

The braking difference of the Daytona and Mk. IV played a part of it.

Again I'm sorry for the hit. :(:guilty::ouch::banghead:

All I can say is that to @snowgt and @gtpanoz sorry for the incidents. Also, as the usual, I was all over the place, but no major incident with @Yeratel84! :D So that is something worth celebrating! :sly:

@RyanRacer. Experience... Tonight I finished 5th in class, last , some 9 laps down. I'll mention more about you later.

Bad Q for me, had La Sarthe gearing all tonight. Was well on course for a 31 lap first stint and a 2 stop plan. Then I got damage from a tap against the wall. Pretty much more minor mistakes led to issues. Then about midnight an enormous rain shower. We had a shower before but this one soaked the track within 10 minutes. Had 5/6 cars a lap spinning out. Then half the field didn't have wet tyres :dopey:. And heyho, it dried within a minute. Recovering, approx 7am I think, I was some 5 laps down. Then I passed Snow on the tri-oval, and my game flashed start menu. Auto drive kicked in and off and threw me into the tyres, I bounced off and sent @snowgt flying off in an enormous accident. Lost over 7 minutes with that crash, and just toiled away at end and took a formation finish with @gtpanoz who rallied after an early accident to 2nd. @DrifterJoe destroyed us all by 2 laps. @jammy21 had problems in rain and dropped at least 3 laps I think. @FlyingFox ran well but tiredness sent him downwards. And @Yeratel84 crashed late on in GT-O, handing the win to @snowgt !

As for Ryan... you can't learn these cars in a heartbeat. There is no "shame". Experience is all you need. Get a GT-O by all means (BMW available), but keep the Jaguar, drive it in spare time. Build your confidence. I'm 9 laps down and i'm not crying. But I am aching. Fiercely physical race.
Next week - Silverstone GP, 43 laps, 250k. Winner will be recepient of the RAC Tourist Trophy.

Are you sure you don't want International?

1952-1974(Left) International(Right)
120px-Silverstone_1952.jpg
118px-Silverstone_Southern_2010.jpg

I'm just saying...it looks a little more authentic than the other layouts.​

I had problem with weather and what tires I should used. Also got damaged once. I put at lap 40 SS-tires when it was 13% and then in next lap it was 38% and I went to pit changed the tires to RW. Then it start drop to %0 and still raining. I was hopping that wet would go up again, but didn't. Then I did pit stop again at lap 48 and then got damaged at lap 51. Pit stop again and now I had drop down to 4th. At the end I almost got fox but laps ended.
...@jammy21 had problems in rain and dropped at least 3 laps I think....

Cheers.

I had problem with weather and what tires I should used. Also got damaged once. I put at lap 40 SS-tires when it was 13% and then in next lap it was 38% and I went to pit changed the tires to RW. Then it start drop to %0 and still raining. I was hopping that wet would go up again, but didn't. Then I did pit stop again at lap 48 and then got damaged at lap 51. Pit stop again and now I had drop down to 4th. At the end I almost got fox but laps ended.

Yeah and err... you were still on wets at end of race, I checked replay. Whoops!

No I was SS.
Yeah and err... you were still on wets at end of race, I checked replay. Whoops!

Yes we some good racing.
Not a bad race for me at all and happy with my third place. Had some good battles, firstly with Jammy in the very wide GT40 and then @gtpanoz which ended when I was ran into. No harm no foul Panoz, I think you where always going to be quicker than me although whilst we where racing I kept you honest.
Great racing from all and its a shame about all the DC's

Back